New rock bands?

Dan III

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to all kinds of music but I haven't found any new rock bands that I can get into. I'm purposely being vague using terms like "new" & "rock" to get as many suggestions as possible.

Who do you dig?

I've been getting down with TV on the Radio's new album. Stumbled across My Goodness recently which I'm psyched about. If you like The Black Keys/White Stripes check them out.

http://www.mygoodnesslovesyou.com/audio.html

Also been digging Miike Snow on the lighter side.

I listen to all kinds of music but I haven't found any new rock bands that I can get into. I'm purposely being vague using terms like "new" & "rock" to get as many suggestions as possible.

Who do you dig?

Since billsfan89 hasn't come around to champion The Gaslight Anthem yet, I'll do it for him. All three albums are worth a listen; I really enjoy their second album, "The '59 Sound."

Band of Horses is one of my favorite "new" bands - they're great live, too.

I second The Black Keys.

For me, Guster is hit or miss, but I know some people really enjoy them.

Against Me! is a new-ish punk-ish band that I enjoy.

I also enjoy:

The National

The Ruse

The Soundtrack of our Lives

The Antlers

Beirut

The Cat Empire

so what is new? New = bands they are playing on the radio? New bands you'll never hear of? I mean, Red is good, 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet for My Valentine, Sick Puppies, Escape the Fate, Sixx A.M. and more...

I mean, then there is new bands that are coming back and sound just as lame as before = limp bizkit. The Sound of a Shotgun is the sound of making me want to use one on myself.

where to start...

Dr. Dog

Dawes

Middle Brother(members of dawes, delta spirit, deer tick)

Delta Spirit

Deer Tick

Bon Iver

The Cults

Amos Lee

Foster the People

I could go on and on...and I am sure I will come up with many others, the beauty of Philly is being able to listen to WXPN...quite possibly the best radio station i have ever had the pleasure to listen to

Who do you dig?

Edited by The Poojer

Skip Jensen; Thee Oh Sees; Dawes/Deer Tick/Middle Brother; Mind Spiders/Marked Men; Surfer Blood; The Donkeys; F***ed Up; Tokyo Police Club; Smith Westerns; Severe Severe; Crystal Stilts; Pains of Being Pure of Heart; OFF!; Kid Congo Powers and the Pink Monkeybirds; Strange Boys; Mantles; The Horrors; Woods; No Bunny; Nodzzz; Mars Classroom

but most importantly MANNEQUIN MEN.

That Dawes/Deer Tick/Delta Spirit/Middle Brother group is really taking the music world by storm. I am a big fan!

Skip Jensen; Thee Oh Sees; Dawes/Deer Tick/Middle Brother; Mind Spiders/Marked Men; Surfer Blood; The Donkeys; F***ed Up; Tokyo Police Club; Smith Westerns; Severe Severe; Crystal Stilts; Pains of Being Pure of Heart; OFF!; Kid Congo Powers and the Pink Monkeybirds; Strange Boys; Mantles; The Horrors; Woods; No Bunny; Nodzzz; Mars Classroom

but most importantly MANNEQUIN MEN.

caught a snippet of Dawes from the late, late show and was impressed (their 1st tv appearance)...they're being heavily hyped as a big act for Bristol Rhythm and Roots this year so i plan on checking them out.

Yes, really good band. They are the backig band for Robbie Roberston, on his new album.