Boycott Preseason

would you support this  

47 members have voted

1. 1. The lock out has many of us pissed off so lets boycott preseason and try to make it league wide

• yes, I won't buy seasons tickets until after PS
    • yes, but I already have mine
    • yes, these people are all just greedy bastards and I don't buy seasons anyway
    • no, I have mine and am ready for some football
    • no, this labor action doesn't really matter in the long run and I didn't mind it so much
    • no, just no. That is silly.

I am so bored by this off season and this lockout and the talks and waiting on FA and UFAs not getting a fair shake and hearing about how much money these chumps make off of football fans...... I say once they reach the agreement fans hold out from the preseason. Payback in a small but symbolic way, but a bit of payback just the same. I won't even watch an internet stream (my only way to see it in Thailand for me) if more than 50% of TBD agrees to it. So what do you think?

Take it easy, bro.

When the deal gets done next week, the only thing that happened was Free Agency got pushed back 4 months. Big whoop.

You should boycott ESPN for acting like chicken little.

ESPN loves the lockout because it gives them something to talk about in the slow sports season.

I don't know what they're gonna do in 2012 no lockout and no Brett Favre.

Take it easy, bro.

When the deal gets done next week, the only thing that happened was Free Agency got pushed back 4 months. Big whoop.

You should boycott ESPN for acting like chicken little.

ESPN loves the lockout because it gives them something to talk about in the slow sports season.

I don't know what they're gonna do in 2012 no lockout and no Brett Favre.

You coulda stopped right there.

Part of ESPN's job is to create news, so I don't fault them for acting like chicken little. What drives me to insanity is the constant updates of nothing. We get a report pretty much every day of how some people met and talked about this and that, but at the end it's "We're still far away from a deal"/

And speaking of Favre, I thought I read somewhere that he was interested in playing in 2011....

The survey doesn't make sense. What about a question to boycott the entire Preseason. No fans at any preseason games, that would be saying something, and interesting to see.

Anyhow, doesn't matter, when the season starts, we'll all be there.

I can't believe there isn't more support for this. I suggested something similar when this first started and I got hammered on this board. The only way to let players and owners know that we don't agree with this nonsensical lockout is by making them pay. They are trying to figure out how to divide up OUR money. And yes TV money is our money too. If we don't watch the games on TV, then advertising revenues go down and the league makes less money. Maybe not the whole pre-season, but if nobody showed up for any of the games on a particular week of pre-season, think of the message that would send. It would make them think twice before having another work stoppage and maybe, just maybe they wouldn't take the fans for granted. Based on the last time this subject was broached, I don't expect it to be a popular idea, but I still believe it is a good one, no matter what opinion others might have.

I won't even watch an internet stream (my only way to see it in Thailand for me) if more than 50% of TBD agrees to it. So what do you think?

So you don't buy tickets to the games being overseas, and you are asking us who do buy tickets not to go to games?

And speaking of Favre, I thought I read somewhere that he was interested in playing in 2011....

I think I read the same article, it wasn't Brett, or anyone close to him stating that, it was someone in the Dallas front office saying they think he may consider coming back.

I think I read the same article, it wasn't Brett, or anyone close to him stating that, it was someone in the Dallas front office saying they think he may consider coming back.

It was actually Gil Brandt, who used to be the big honcho for the Cowboys, during the Landry days...now is an NFL insider. I think he is basically saying, there are some teams that would be open to signing Favre (Arizona and Seattle namely) if he should desire to come back...and assuming the Vikings would allow it.

As for the boycott...it is just silly. Unless the season is altered, the lockout doesn't really have any impact on us fans. You can treat the pre-season with as much ambivialance as you desire, like any other year. As long as the 16 game regular season stays in tact, other than delaying free agency, what has it done to us, as fans?

As for the boycott...it is just silly. Unless the season is altered, the lockout doesn't really have any impact on us fans.

WHAT?!?!? You mean not having the NFL in April, May and June hasn't dramatically alerted your life and caused you permanent bitterness toward the NFL?!?

Honestly, the way some people here have carried on about this, you'd think they had already announced the season was canceled. As for pre-season, I pretty much 'boycott' that every year, unless the Bills happen to be on TV in which case I might watch the first half.

I think it's a great idea! Remember when we refused to buy gasoline on a certain day? We really showed those greedy oil companies! Right?

Best. Boycott. Ever.

Don't buy gas next Tuesday and the oil companies will be brought to their kneeeees!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As ridiculous as this is, what good would boycotting a PRESEASON game do anyways? If you want to hurt the NFL financially because you apparently are so upset over the lockout, boycott a regular season game. It's just about as plausible as your idea...

Best. Boycott. Ever.

Don't buy gas next Tuesday and the oil companies will be brought to their kneeeees!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, I'll make sure I fill up on Monday, don't want to run out of gas on Tuesday and screw up the boycott.

LOL I put forth an idea about fan anger, I think I would definitely not go to preseason games if I was there. I just wondered if others felt that way about it. I know you can think it is silly (that's why it's right there in the poll). I miss football more than many of the people with true access (by being in the region). I do think some or many empty stadiums would send a message, it is not the same as buying gas. I feel for the young guys who missed all of the OTAs and frankly all this time off is waning my interest in the sport a bit. No FA or otas this year makes this site boring! I am not mad as hell lol, just not happy about it.

Nicely thought-out poll, Bowery. I like the multiple choice responses you provided.

While the league and players take us for granted, I don't let that bother me. They're in a business and are collectively bargaining, I'm a consumer, and no real damage has been done yet. I also accept my NFL addiction and am willing to forgive both sides AT THIS POINT.

In the worst case where the impasse drags on, I reserve the right to change my view… but right now I'm just looking forward to trades, free agency, training camp, etc.

LOL I put forth an idea about fan anger, I think I would definitely not go to preseason games if I was there. I just wondered if others felt that way about it. I know you can think it is silly (that's why it's right there in the poll). I miss football more than many of the people with true access (by being in the region). I do think some or many empty stadiums would send a message, it is not the same as buying gas. I feel for the young guys who missed all of the OTAs and frankly all this time off is waning my interest in the sport a bit. No FA or otas this year makes this site boring! I am not mad as hell lol, just not happy about it.

Maybe next time Goodell takes the mic, fans should start chaning "We want OTA's! We want OTA's!!!" That will get their attention! :lol:

Anyways, I feel your pain, but unless the regular season is affected, the lockout, as much a drag as it might be, (after all, we are watching a battle of billionaires vs millionaires, instead of FA, where we see millionaires become mere multi-millionaires), but in the end, it is a labor issue...none of us are owners or players. This is the kind of stuff that they do in the off season. We still get our draft, and our spiffy new uniforms!