Anybody watching women's world cup?

I just found out that the magicJack or whatever they are called are back to play the Flash a week from tonight. So, it's Abby Wombach and Hope Solo vs. Marta and Alex Morgan. The Flash also have a number of players who play on their national teams, and number of other cuties, as well.

They drew 8000 in late May. Not sure of the capacity at Sahlen Stadium, but I would think the crowd will be very big for this game.

Abby now really being a national hero should go over big her hometown.

Starting to look for tickets now...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The US National Team players have the year off from the WPL. Marta has played but not often.

If their passing impresses you, you don't watch much soccer. This team can't pass for crap.

Japan passes. The US plays long ball and prays that their athleticism and size work out for them.

I predict Japan will kill the US.

I never watch soccer.

I am always amazed at how good Abby Wambach is in the air. She gets so much higher than anyone around her and has such timing and control to get up to the ball and then put it where she wants it with her head. To be able to continually do that when everybody knows that's the plan is a testament to her tenacity and skill.

And she's from Pittsford :worthy:

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I am always amazed at how good Abby Wambach is in the air. She gets so much higher than anyone around her and has such timing and control to get up to the ball and then put it where she wants it with her head. To be able to continually do that when everybody knows that's the plan is a testament to her tenacity and skill.

And she's from Pittsford :worthy:

Do you know her or the family?

IF i was forced to bet, i'd bet on the US women beating the US men's team. And not even close. The men's team is abysmal and an absolute disgrace to the United States.

LOL wtf?

You heard me. The US women's team would beat the US men's team. Especially if there was something on the line. The men's team folds like a lawn chair in the clutch.

Are you taking into account the fact that the slowest player on the men's team is probably faster than the fastest player on the women's team? Or that the weakest foot on the men's team can strike the ball better than the best foot on the women's team?

Don't get me wrong...mad respect for the US Women. But it wouldn't even be close. It has nothing to do with character. Just not a fair fight.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Are you taking into account the fact that the slowest player on the men's team is probably faster than the fastest player on the women's team? Or that the weakest foot on the men's team can strike the ball better than the best foot on the women's team?

Don't get me wrong...mad respect for the US Women. But it wouldn't even be close. It has nothing to do with character. Just not a fair fight.

True story...the Women's team is on a revolutionary lentil diet, they cannot be stopped.

You think? Meh

lol, that is not a very flattering pic, especially when you enlarge it :ph34r:

I still wouldn't kick her out of bed for eatin' crackers, but I'm more smitten with mein frau, Ally Krieger

lol, that is not a very flattering pic, especially when you enlarge it :ph34r:

I still wouldn't kick her out of bed for eatin' crackers, but I'm more smitten with mein frau, Ally Krieger

ajzepp, Ali Krieger is not too shabby at all. Go hot talented ladies! Can't wait for the game on Sunday! :devil::thumbsup::rolleyes:

ajzepp, Ali Krieger is not too shabby at all. Go hot talented ladies! Can't wait for the game on Sunday! :devil::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Same here, man...I'm working all day tomorrow, so I'm glad it's on Sunday afternoon :thumbsup: I'm really surprised how much I've enjoyed watching these ladies...hoping for a great match - and a great VICTORY - on Sunday!