Casey Anthony found not guilty of murder

Beerball

Hey, that's not it at all. It's "I don't know what you are talking about, but find it necessary to know that their lives are too uninteresting to not follow this drivel."

I don't know why people follow these stories. I wish somebody would explain it to me.

Sorry Poojer...and everyone else...

For me, my gf has been glued to this story for, what seems years...most of last year...we split up for 5 months, got back together, and I was hearing all about it, again...I even made the joke, when we got back together that I was getting back together with her, and Nancy Grace...

I wasn't really interested either...but sheer volumes of exposure, and, the sense that "it is finally going to be over" piqued my curiosity enough, yesterday, to watch a fair amount of the closing arguments.

It really was amazing court-room drama...real Perry Mason type stuff. I will admit, I followed the Simpson trial as closely as you could, in those days, with a full time job, and without internet access. I have three lawyers in my family (one in criminal law), so, stuff like this either really interests me, or really bores me...a little bit of both in this case. But, there is also a sense, real or not, that this is one of those handful of events that comes along, a few times every decade, where people remember where they were, or how they heard about it, when the moment happened.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries.... :beer:

Sorry Poojer...and everyone else...

For me, my gf has been glued to this story for, what seems years...most of last year...we split up for 5 months, got back together, and I was hearing all about it, again...I even made the joke, when we got back together that I was getting back together with her, and Nancy Grace...

I wasn't really interested either...but sheer volumes of exposure, and, the sense that "it is finally going to be over" piqued my curiosity enough, yesterday, to watch a fair amount of the closing arguments.

It really was amazing court-room drama...real Perry Mason type stuff. I will admit, I followed the Simpson trial as closely as you could, in those days, with a full time job, and without internet access. I have three lawyers in my family (one in criminal law), so, stuff like this either really interests me, or really bores me...a little bit of both in this case. But, there is also a sense, real or not, that this is one of those handful of events that comes along, a few times every decade, where people remember where they were, or how they heard about it, when the moment happened.

I should have been following this more closely but wasn't

Could someone who has been following the trial tell me how they explained away the fact she didn't report her child missing for 30 days?

I am trying to figure out how someone can explain that

Not only that John, once it was reported, she lied, over and over again, giving the police false leads, and loads of false information about fictitious people and places...she would even admit to the cops that she lied, but she was doing it to help find her child...but the defense attorney did a pretty convincing job of painting a portrait of a girl who learned to lie, from her parents. And her parents, obviously, were less than truthful along the way...I might have written some of that off as parents trying to come to terms with the fact that their daughter is a murder...but the jury doesn't get to hear all of the evidence that we do.

The sick thing is, somebody in that house knows who killed this child, and how she died...it is likely Casey, but there was a reasonable amount of doubt placed at the hands of her father, an ex-cop. He did some pretty strange things during the course of the investigation...his reactions seem almost as dubious as his daughters. Casey can't be tried again for this murder, and it almost seems that someone has to build a case against her father...wonder how that go...

I'm down here in Orlando and actually know two people that know Casey personally and because of that have tried to follow the trial but none of the events before the actual court proceedings. After watching the trial, they came to the right verdict.

The defense only has to prove a reasonable doubt that Casey did not murder Caylee and they did just that by showing that Caylee could open her grandmothers sliding glass door and climb the ladder to the pool by herself through pictures of her doing such. They also got Cindy (Casey's mother) to admit to leaving the pool ladder attached around the dates that Caylee was last seen. Those were the keys for the defense in proving that there is enough of a reasonable doubt to avoid a guilty verdict.

Now, something obviously happened to that girl that shouldn't have and it did get covered up by most likely either George Anthony or Casey. Like Baez said in his closing arguments, "Freedom does not equal killing your daughter." I came to the conclusion that the jurors eventually did too and feel that the jurors did their job exactly as asked. Regardless of what Nancy Grace has made Casey out to be and regardless of what your gut instinct may be, our justice system says that you are innocent until proven guilty and the State never proved anything definitive.

The people that know Casey personally have called her both a chronological liar and "slutty." She does have her problems and I think Baez did a great job of acknowledging that and making it clear that although she may not be the best person in the world, she has never been violent towards anyone. In the end, karma will work it's way back around and if Casey truly did murder her daughter and it was more than an "accident that snowballed out of control," but for now, the right verdict has been reached and it brings the question if anything else may happen legally to Casey or her parents.

On a side note, gotta give Baez a lot of respect for how he handled this case. He took a lot of slack for a while about this case but did a great job of building his story and sticking to his guns. His career is going to skyrocket now.

that missed the verdict reading and want to see it...

also, why were there so many ocunts of lying to police? isn't a lie a lie?

from what i remember, she would send them after a made up babysitter, and theyd catch her

then it would be a made up boyfriend

didnt they at one point take her on a field trip to her made up job and she didnt admit that until she got all the way there.

i think it was more than just a singular story or incident

I know the name and only what i have glanced at in the news...outside of that..i am with you...this case holds zero interest for me...and i didn't follow it for a minute

Ditto. There are several crimes in every city of this ilk. Why does this one rate royal media coverage? Answer: 'cuz ya'd do her..:death:

I live in Central FL, so it's local news. I disagree with Marcellosaurus, I heard enough to vote guilty. I would have gladly hung the jury with that vote by myself, and made them do it over again if necessary.

So I'd be a bad juror. Again (OJ).

Ditto. There are several crimes in every city of this ilk. Why does this one rate royal media coverage? Answer: 'cuz ya'd do her..:death:

That's a big part of it, but I think any time a mother kills her kid(s), it's a big story. Tehre's no way that several crimes in every city are of this ilk.

Myself personally,the now infamous laughing man/retired prosecution attorney Jeff Ashton alienated the Jury. Kronk thoroughly compromised the crime scene where Caylee's remains were found/Bogus testimony. George Anthony's failed suicide attempt is bogus, how do you commit suicide and even hope to go to heaven to see Caylee? George Anthony adds more bogus testimony refuted by Krystal Holloway/mistress who repeats GA comments, "it was an accident that snowballed out of control". No DNA on duct tape, tape traced back to George Anthony. Bug evidence doesn't jive with a dead body in the trunk. Even the motive doesn't make sense, I'm going to kill my daughter, triple bag her and then dispose of her body in the swamp less then a quarter of a mile from my home so I can live the good life? seriously???The list goes on and on yet the whole country is in an uproar because our Judicial system somehow failed Caylee Marie Anthony.

Note: Jose Baez was quoted afterwards as saying "This case is a perfect example of why the death penalty doesn't work, and why we should stop and think twice about a Country that kills its own citizens"

Perhaps a higher power looked down from the heavens and said enough is enough...

Edited by Fig Newton

Hopefully she has to go back to prison for the other charges. In there, if some other inmate gets their hands on her, so be it.

That is what I was thinking. I doubt she goes back to prison though. All those other charges I believe are misdeameanors. I would not be surprised if someone tried to harm her on the streets. My aunt that lives in Orlando told me last night that the area is in a pretty big uproar over the whole situation. As far as the verdict I think the jurors actually got it right but with that being said there is no doubt in my mind that she was guilty & that she should spend the rest of her life in jail. I think the prosecution got greed with going after 1st degree & the death penalty. I think if they went for manslaughter they would got a conviction.

Edited by Gordio

That is what I was thinking. I doubt she goes back to prison though. All those other charges I believe are misdeameanors. I would not be surprised if someone tried to harm her on the streets. My aunt that lives in Orlando told me last night that the area is in a pretty big uproar over the whole situation. As far as the verdict I think the jurors actually got it right but with that being said there is no doubt in my mind that she was guilty & that she should spend the rest of her life in jail. I think the defense got greed with going after 1st degree & the death penalty. I think if they went for manslaughter they would got a conviction.

:oops:

Hopefully she has to go back to prison for the other charges. In there, if some other inmate gets their hands on her, so be it.

She will be free on Thursday...she already served 32 months. She isn't likely to get much more than that for misdemenors. The judge, in this case, doesn't seem vindicitive, and whether he thinks she is guilty or not, I seriously doubt he will try to extend this for her.

Ironically, the things she was found guilty of, lying to the police, repeatedly, only extended the time it took to find a body, and, in this case, her lying helped her. So, crime does pay, sometimes. Great lesson learned. Whether she killed that baby, or it was an accident, or somebody else killed the baby...I have no doubt that Casey Anthony knows what happened, and who is responsible.

Another thing I find ironic, Casey's mother, perjured herself under oath. If that charge was pursued (and I know it won't be...why extend this farce and embarass the courts any more?), she could face up to 15 years in prison.

Edited by Buftex

I'm down here in Orlando and actually know two people that know Casey personally and because of that have tried to follow the trial but none of the events before the actual court proceedings. After watching the trial, they came to the right verdict.

The defense only has to prove a reasonable doubt that Casey did not murder Caylee and they did just that by showing that Caylee could open her grandmothers sliding glass door and climb the ladder to the pool by herself through pictures of her doing such. They also got Cindy (Casey's mother) to admit to leaving the pool ladder attached around the dates that Caylee was last seen. Those were the keys for the defense in proving that there is enough of a reasonable doubt to avoid a guilty verdict.

Now, something obviously happened to that girl that shouldn't have and it did get covered up by most likely either George Anthony or Casey. Like Baez said in his closing arguments, "Freedom does not equal killing your daughter." I came to the conclusion that the jurors eventually did too and feel that the jurors did their job exactly as asked. Regardless of what Nancy Grace has made Casey out to be and regardless of what your gut instinct may be, our justice system says that you are innocent until proven guilty and the State never proved anything definitive.

The people that know Casey personally have called her both a chronological liar and "slutty." She does have her problems and I think Baez did a great job of acknowledging that and making it clear that although she may not be the best person in the world, she has never been violent towards anyone. In the end, karma will work it's way back around and if Casey truly did murder her daughter and it was more than an "accident that snowballed out of control," but for now, the right verdict has been reached and it brings the question if anything else may happen legally to Casey or her parents.

On a side note, gotta give Baez a lot of respect for how he handled this case. He took a lot of slack for a while about this case but did a great job of building his story and sticking to his guns. His career is going to skyrocket now.

Well you maybe right in saying by the letter of the law the jury did the right thing but they did a terrible wrong also, not looking at the evidence properly. You don't use duck tape over the poor child mouth if it was an accident. You don't bury the kid if it was an accident. They have been cases were peoples children have lost life by an accidental pool drownings. If it was a pool drowning why were the police called right when it happened??

The law can say she is innocent but there no way, she either did it herself or had somebody help her. I just don't know what the jury was doing.

I bet they whaned to go home and think about how much money they can get from the TV and book deals. Can see it now...Jury member 6... Did we !@#$ up? prolly will come out sometime next year on paperback. what a joke !!

I am not a preacher but God knows what really happened. And most likely Caylee will be at the gates when Moms comes up to be judged on her true judgement day.

Dont think Casey will enjoy the party in Hell. lol

Id rather live in a country that mistakenly lets 1 high-media-profile murderer go every 15 years, than live in a country where people can easily be falsely accused and wrongly imprisoned.

There is going to be error one way or the other, it's the Human Factor. No one, and nothing, is perfect 100% of the time. I think America errs on the right side.

Sad in this case, even tragic. But if you want to see your other options, check out what happens to people in China.

Dude prison to good for her. This is what a brother would do.

Call Sam Jackson as the interigator. Do some water boarding, lose some fingernails , torture the on the gurl until the true comes out.

Man they do it to terrorists...why not do it to people who kill thr own kids.

Well you maybe right in saying by the letter of the law the jury did the right thing but they did a terrible wrong also, not looking at the evidence properly. You don't use duck tape over the poor child mouth if it was an accident. You don't bury the kid if it was an accident. They have been cases were peoples children have lost life by an accidental pool drownings. If it was a pool drowning why were the police called right when it happened??

The law can say she is innocent but there no way, she either did it herself or had somebody help her. I just don't know what the jury was doing.

I bet they whaned to go home and think about how much money they can get from the TV and book deals. Can see it now...Jury member 6... Did we !@#$ up? prolly will come out sometime next year on paperback. what a joke !!

I am not a preacher but God knows what really happened. And most likely Caylee will be at the gates when Moms comes up to be judged on her true judgement day.

Dont think Casey will enjoy the party in Hell. lol

"Not Guilty" does not equal "Innocent"...