Who's representing the Bills at the owners meeting

I read that each team was to have an owner and a team executive at the informational meeting in Chicago today. Has anyone read if Ralph made the trip? Is Russ Brandon the team exec or did Ralph send Russ and someone else? I'm curious to see if Ralph is healthy enough to travel and still able to manage his business dealings.

Edited by Camel's Toe

I read that each team was to have an owner and a team executive at the informational meeting in Chicago today. Has anyone read if Ralph made the trip? Is Russ Brandon the team exec or did Ralph send Russ and someone else? I'm curious to see if Ralph is healthy enough to travel and still able to manage his business dealings.

Apparently Brandon has all ready left....

Daniel Kaplan (Sports Business Journal), reporting from Chicago via Twitter.

Live too far away from 97 Rock to catch this. Anyone hear what Russ had to say?

Russ had absolutelty nothing to say about the situation with contract talks. In fact when asked specifically about an agreement he sd "No Comment" they have been asked not speak about it. He was on air to promote Fridays jersey unveiling at Rich Stadium. I wonder who they will have wearing the new uni's? Jimbo and Thurman? or a mannequein on rotating platform maybe.

It was kind of funny how he shut down the question immediately. Now tomorrow Howard Simon has him on WGR and was telling Florio they will ask him specifically about the talks tomorrow moning on air. He will get the same treatment that Norton got on 97 Rock. No comment but come to the stadium for our new jersey unveilling on Friday.

Russ had absolutelty nothing to say about the situation with contract talks. In fact when asked specifically about an agreement he sd "No Comment" they have been asked not speak about it. He was on air to promote Fridays jersey unveiling at Rich Stadium. I wonder who they will have wearing the new uni's? Jimbo and Thurman? or a mannequein on rotating platform maybe.

It was kind of funny how he shut down the question immediately. Now tomorrow Howard Simon has him on WGR and was telling Florio they will ask him specifically about the talks tomorrow moning on air. He will get the same treatment that Norton got on 97 Rock. No comment but come to the stadium for our new jersey unveilling on Friday.

Makes perfect sense that they would be instructed not to comment as negotiators for both sides are scheduled to meet again in Boston today.

It's interesting that last week everyone was told to book a room in Chicago and expect to stay overnight. Presumably because they would be taking the time to discuss the issues. Then the meetings end up only lasting for a day and nobody needs to stay after all.

I guess there's a positive and negative way to look at that: there is nothing for the owners to disagree about so the extra time wasn't needed OR there is so much more to be hammered out before there's anything for them to ratify.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Makes perfect sense that they would be instructed not to comment as negotiators for both sides are scheduled to meet again in Boston today.

It's interesting that last week everyone was told to book a room in Chicago and expect to stay overnight. Presumably because they would be taking the time to discuss the issues. Then the meetings end up only lasting for a day and nobody needs to stay after all.

GO BILLS!!!

Russ had to stay even though he wasn't planning on it due to the weather that hit Chicago last night.

Yeah, that is why he left. They told the owners that they can bring one exec with them, then when the execs got there, the NFL said they were just joking and told the execs to go home. yup.

Not if Ralph wasn't even there.

Tell me about it. I still don't have power. I figured that Russ would be the team exec at the meeting my real question was if Ralph was spry enough to jet over to Chi for a two day meeting. It doesn't sound like he is or he just didn't feel like this meeting was worth the trouble. I hope its the latter. Was Littman the other rep?

Russ had to stay even though he wasn't planning on it due to the weather that hit Chicago last night.