Getting to the airport after the game

bg17

I want to come to the home opener and fly out after the game. The last flight for me leaves at 650 pm. Is that enough time to get to the airport assuming game ends at 4:00? Thanks for any input.

I want to come to the home opener and fly out after the game. The last flight for me leaves at 650 pm. Is that enough time to get to the airport assuming game ends at 4:00? Thanks for any input.

Possibly but not likely. you will be stuck in traffic and would be cutting it real close depending on the situation at the airport. You may get there by 6 and think you got it made only to find a line at tsa and then you get to your gate 10 minutes after the flight left. If I were in your shoes I would plan on staying at the stadium and doing some post game and then leave the next day.

I have accomplished that run before, but never for the opener since 9/11. The airport is usually slow as hell on Sundays even after games, as long as you can get out of the stadium traffic, it is very possible.

I haven't had to make this exact run, but your best bet for getting out of O.P. quickly is to park at a house lot along Big Tree Road (20A), making sure you can make a right-hand turn out of the lot to go towards rt 219 after the game. Key to getting out quickly is to leave early so you won't have to park in the back of a lot. You will want to slightly hustle to your vehicle after the game so you don't get stuck in the house-lot traffic. Once you get to 219 you should be in pretty good shape heading north into Buffalo...

Of course, the best thing you can do is to leave the game a little bit early if at all possible...

Possibly but not likely. you will be stuck in traffic and would be cutting it real close depending on the situation at the airport. You may get there by 6 and think you got it made only to find a line at tsa and then you get to your gate 10 minutes after the flight left. If I were in your shoes I would plan on staying at the stadium and doing some post game and then leave the next day.

He has plenty of time to get to the airport he just has to know some tricks. Park in lot 5(which is the lot off of southwestern. When you pull in the lot & pay your money there will be attendents who try to shoot to the left or to the right, just keep going straight & blow by them(they never stop you. Once you are past them park your car closest to the center aisle. After the game get to your car(if you sit towards the scoreboard side of the stadium on the visitors side your right there) & when you get out of the lot make a right onto southwestern. Take southwestern(it will turn into transit) all the way to genessee st & make a left there. The airport is less then mile away on the right hand side. I live in Lancaster right off of transit & William & it literally takes us 15 minutes to get home(I am always home before 4:30.) You should be at the airport no later then 4:45 which will give you plenty of time.

This is what you must do. There used to be a bar on Southwestern, just before the railroad bridge at California, called the End Zone. I think it got torn down but you can park in their lot for $6. Now it's a good 10-15 minute walk to the Stadium but you be glad when it's time to leave. It's beyond the zone where traffic gets snarled. You make a right out of that lot and you are on your way.

DO NOT GET ON THE THRUWAY (I-90)!!! It will be a parking lot up to the tolls. Take Union or Transit Road to the Airport. Also DO NOT PARK IN THE STADIUM LOTS!!! You will be stuck for a long time trying to get out.

If you can't find the lot I'm talking about, just park in a private lot away from RWS, and leave in a direction heading away from the stadium. Do this and you'll have no problem catching your flight.

PTR

This is what you must do. There used to be a bar on Southwestern, just before the railroad bridge at California, called the End Zone. I think it got torn down but you can park in their lot for $6. Now it's a good 10-15 minute walk to the Stadium but you be glad when it's time to leave. It's beyond the zone where traffic gets snarled. You make a right out of that lot and you are on your way.

DO NOT GET ON THE THRUWAY (I-90)!!! It will be a parking lot up to the tolls. Take Union or Transit Road to the Airport. Also DO NOT PARK IN THE STADIUM LOTS!!! You will be stuck for a long time trying to get out.

If you can't find the lot I'm talking about, just park in a private lot away from RWS, and leave in a direction heading away from the stadium. Do this and you'll have no problem catching your flight.

PTR

If he does it the way I told him he will be out of the parking lot in less then 5 minutes. Seriously I do this every home game & have been doing it this way for the last 12 years. Forget the lots off of California Road, forgot the Endzone, park in lot 5 & park right next to the center towards the front(right infront of the preferred parking. It will be easy to get into the center lane & then he is out of lot in no time.

One thing you have to remember is that you do not know any of these routes like the back of your hand like most of the posters on this board. You could listen to any one of thier suggestions, but if you don't know the stadium traffic, speed, and little tricks like driving very aggessive in certain areas or making your car fit into places it just shouldn't like most everyone is used to because they know that particular route, then you are screwed. My advise would be not to take the chance, book a later flight and enjoy the tailgate experience after the game. Do not rush because you can only get yourself in trouble of you do. But it's your call.

One thing you have to remember is that you do not know any of these routes like the back of your hand like most of the posters on this board. You could listen to any one of thier suggestions, but if you don't know the stadium traffic, speed, and little tricks like driving very aggessive in certain areas or making your car fit into places it just shouldn't like most everyone is used to because they know that particular route, then you are screwed. My advise would be not to take the chance, book a later flight and enjoy the tailgate experience after the game. Do not rush because you can only get yourself in trouble of you do. But it's your call.

What little tricks????? You park closest to the center as you can(if you get there by 9 he will have no problem finding a spot) get to your car right after the game, pull out of the lot & once your by California road(half mile) it opens up & your in the clear. There are no special tricks.

Look if he gets a 6:50 flight & does it the way I tell him & still misses his flight, he & his friends could spend the night at my house, we will suck down some post game beers in my basement watching the later games & I will drive them to the airport Monday morning & pay the change in flight fees for him & his friends to catch the Monday morning flight.

And dont forget a secret place to stash an umbrella in case it's raining so you can dry out on your way to the car in the lot on your way to the airport to catch your flight that would you look at that, left the gate 5 minutes before you got there.

It can be done but why not enjoy the day without any risk of the other possibilities?

Does anyone know if one can go to the Buffalo airport before the game, check their bags & then come back after the game & just have to go through security? My nephew from California recommended I do this when I go for a visit right after a Bills game. I've never tried this at any airport but he said it's possible. It might be in California but what about Buffalo International?

+1 to Gordio. I live by the big blue water tower(near airport)and can make it home by 5:30 easy. Just park in lot 5 (or just outside lot 5) as Gordio says and take Union or Transit and you'll be fine. Don't take the 90 or route 5.

Maybe I missed somethingbut he did say he was flying in and flying out.

Do any of those lots that are mentioned let you park a freakin plane??????????

Maybe he is going to rent a car but if he is doing that,he might as well take a cab and then make arrangements with the cab to be picked up and taken to the airport.Maybe there is an airport shuttle,don't know.have to find out then.

Maybe I missed somethingbut he did say he was flying in and flying out.

Do any of those lots that are mentioned let you park a freakin plane??????????

Maybe he is going to rent a car but if he is doing that,he might as well take a cab and then make arrangements with the cab to be picked up and taken to the airport.Maybe there is an airport shuttle,don't know.have to find out then.

Helicopter maybe? Jet Pack? Hot air balloon?