If The NFL Cuts The Season To 8 Games

This whole thing is the worse thing possible for the Bills. Say they don't have a season, or they do a partial season, there is a chance they do some type of adjusted draft the next season and the Bills could get screwed out of having a chance for Luck, Barkley, or Jones. Also, people would make excuses for Fitz again, like that he never really had a training camp and if he did he would have been awesome, the apologetic Fitz fans will be out in full force about how he never really had a chance. Worst thing possible for the Bills.

This whole thing is the worse thing possible for the Bills. Say they don't have a season, or they do a partial season, there is a chance they do some type of adjusted draft the next season and the Bills could get screwed out of having a chance for Luck, Barkley, or Jones. Also, people would make excuses for Fitz again, like that he never really had a training camp and if he did he would have been awesome, the apologetic Fitz fans will be out in full force about how he never really had a chance. Worst thing possible for the Bills.

Well, at least you've got it all worked out.

Also, if the NFL does this, they better give season ticket holders the option to take a year off and not be forced to pay for the 4 crap games. I have ZERO interest in paying OR attending a shortened season......

http://wgr550.com/Re...essary/10047054

You would have to be living in fantasyland to think for one second that would even be considered.

Apparently the Fitz haters will be out in full force before any games are even played.

Since I am a poor smooh and have never had anything but single game tickets, the question is how the season ticket purchase has been promoted and advertised and what legally binding language is used on the offers and the season tickets. If the NFL can be held for breach of contract with the ticket holders for non delivery of promised services, then the price will HAVE to be adjusted. The NFL is declaring the lockout, the players and other parties are willing to play and work, and the NFL is solely responsible and has absolute control and final say over whether on not the season is played. Therefore it would be wholly responsible for the failure to deliver any promised or contracted services. So can any season ticket holders answer what they were legally promised at time of payment?

Since I am a poor smooh and have never had anything but single game tickets, the question is how the season ticket purchase has been promoted and advertised and what legally binding language is used on the offers and the season tickets. If the NFL can be held for breach of contract with the ticket holders for non delivery of promised services, then the price will HAVE to be adjusted. The NFL is declaring the lockout, the players and other parties are willing to play and work, and the NFL is solely responsible and has absolute control and final say over whether on not the season is played. Therefore it would be wholly responsible for the failure to deliver any promised or contracted services. So can any season ticket holders answer what they were legally promised at time of payment?

I don't doubt that the price will be adjusted, I don't care for any of the games if shortened..

I am all for shutting it down right now, rescind the anti-trust exemption for the league, bust the de-certified union and having new competing leagues start all over again. Why should sport franchises be exempt from competition? No reason what so ever. Then clean up college football and make it a sport only for student-athletes, with the emphasis on student.

And then Ralph croaks during the off season and the team gets sold to LA...

If it does come to 8 games or less...this would be a black eye on the NFL for a while...fan support will resemble that of MLB & the NHL after their lockout!

It'll be along time to recover IF they can't reach a deal soon...Overall, the NFL could lose millions/billions for the next several seasons after the new CBA is reached IF they lose this season!

Also, if the NFL does this, they better give season ticket holders the option to take a year off and not be forced to pay for the 4 crap games. I have ZERO interest in paying OR attending a shortened season......

http://wgr550.com/Report--NFL-plans-for-short-season-if-necessary/10047054

Actually, thinking back through the memory banks, I was a season ticket holder when this last happened. 82? perhaps.

And, season ticket holders, at that time, had the opportunity to opt out of the season as a whole. I did that, and then bought a couple of individual game tiakets. Those games were so bad in terms of play, that I then gave up on the season. I spent the rest of the money on a big dog, who I named GUS. (I was originally going to name him STRIKE)

They'd be fools not to do contingency planning. I'd absolutely watch it though. 1/2 a season is better than no season.

Personally, I totally disagree. If they make me pay the season ticket (1/2 season cost) in order to hold on to the seats, I will. If they give an opt out, I won't attend one single game...

I am not going to get the season at all on DirectTV if they cut the season in half. I might go ahead and cancel it now.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/nfl-eyeing-eight-game-regular-season-as-lockout-contingency/1

From USA TODAY

My question is, would you play everyone in your division twice then and have two other games, perhaps against teams in the same position of finish as the season before then? I would imagine there would be no games against the other conference in this case then.

HOME

Jets

Phins

Pats

(either Bengals, Titans or Broncos)

AWAY

Jets

Phins

Pats

Bills would be 0-8

If it does come to 8 games or less...this would be a black eye on the NFL for a while...fan support will resemble that of MLB & the NHL after their lockout!

It'll be along time to recover IF they can't reach a deal soon...Overall, the NFL could lose millions/billions for the next several seasons after the new CBA is reached IF they lose this season!

You did realize that NHL revenues were UP after both lockouts, right?

(So far they are the only major sport to pull that feat and they did it twice.)

I am not going to get the season at all on DirectTV if they cut the season in half. I might go ahead and cancel it now.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/nfl-eyeing-eight-game-regular-season-as-lockout-contingency/1

From USA TODAY

My question is, would you play everyone in your division twice then and have two other games, perhaps against teams in the same position of finish as the season before then? I would imagine there would be no games against the other conference in this case then.

HOME

Jets

Phins

Pats

AWAY

Jets

Phins

Pats

Bills would be 0-8

I am kind of curious why you would assume the Bills would go 0-8? They beat the dolphins last year & the Broncos had the #2 pick & both the bengals/titans picked in the top 10(in fact Cincy was so much better then they picked a whole spot behind us in the draft).

I am kind of curious why you would assume the Bills would go 0-8? They beat the dolphins last year & the Broncos had the #2 pick & both the bengals/titans picked in the top 10(in fact Cincy was so much better then they picked a whole spot behind us in the draft).

Dolphins where the better team, Bills had barely any offense at all, IN BOTH GAMES, one with Edwards and one with Fitz. 17 points with Fitz, they didn't exactly tear the Phins up in that game. They had 4 times where they went 3 and out, Fitz threw a bad INT, Miami missed 4 Field Goals, and basically the game was bailed out by combination of Miami's 2 turnovers, the 4 missed FGs and the defense playing decent. Fitz was below average that day, Bills were 4/12 on 3rd down too.

In the Cincinnati game the Bills were getting killed 31-7 to a bad team and would have easily lost if not for the Cincy implosion that started with their starting CB, both starting safeties (including the guy with 2 INTs in the first half, on for a TD), and nickel CB basically not playing the entire 2nd half of the game. They had LBs trying to cover WR, they almost put backup WRs in the game at CB.

Bills could beat the Broncos at home. Not the Titans.

Dolphins where the better team, Bills had barely any offense at all, IN BOTH GAMES, one with Edwards and one with Fitz. 17 points with Fitz, they didn't exactly tear the Phins up in that game. They had 4 times where they went 3 and out, Fitz threw a bad INT, Miami missed 4 Field Goals, and basically the game was bailed out by combination of Miami's 2 turnovers, the 4 missed FGs and the defense playing decent. Fitz was below average that day, Bills were 4/12 on 3rd down too.

In the Cincinnati game the Bills were getting killed 31-7 to a bad team and would have easily lost if not for the Cincy implosion that started with their starting CB, both starting safeties (including the guy with 2 INTs in the first half, on for a TD), and nickel CB basically not playing the entire 2nd half of the game. They had LBs trying to cover WR, they almost put backup WRs in the game at CB.

Bills could beat the Broncos at home. Not the Titans.

So what they still won both games. My point is don't you think it is a little early to bring out the 0-8 bull **** nonsense before any player has even had a chance to put the pads on yet?