Sanchize = Henne

In the battle for who sucks more, KC Joyner concludes that both Sanchize and Henne are about equal in terms of pure passing prowess (or lack there of). The link is posted in TG AFCE blog, but I don't have insider. Anyone with insider care to discuss some of the other interesting Joyner findings?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/29283/data-shows-sanchez-no-better-than-henne

Sorry but Sanchez is better than Henne. I think the bigest difference between them is the Jets See Sanchez as their leader and will follow him into battle whereas Henne doesn't have that command of his team.

Totally agree.. As much as I dislike the Jets, Sanchez actually has the ability to scare defenders with his ability.. I see him improving each year, while Henne might have reached his potential...

Totally agree.. As much as I dislike the Jets, Sanchez actually has the ability to scare defenders with his ability.. I see him improving each year, while Henne might have reached his potential...

Another Michigan Flame out.

Sanchez is a winner all the way and will only get better. If he can stay away from teenage girls, that is.

I am not crazy about Sanchez. I was not crazy about him in college when he could not even beat out John David Booty & where his number on the road the one year he started were downright pedestrian on a loaded USC team. With that being said, I think with the team the Jets have in place they could consistently win with him. They do not ask him to do too much & they need him to make 1 or 2 throws a game, which he is capable of doing. He will never be in the same class as Brees/Rivers/Brady/Manning. He is just not talented enough. So I guess I am kind of on the fence about him. I kind of liken him to Flacco. Young, decent, likeable, but in the end neither QB is good enough to get their team over the hump.

Edited by Gordio

Sorry but Sanchez is better than Henne. I think the bigest difference between them is the Jets See Sanchez as their leader and will follow him into battle whereas Henne doesn't have that command of his team.

No doubt. Henne=borderline total bust. Sanchez=2 years in the NFL, 2 years starting, 2 straight AFC Championship games. Only a fool would say they were equal. I don't think Sanchez is great, he could be, he might not, he has a way to go, but he has been heads and shoulders above Henne. What's next? Someone going to say that Fitz is better than Sanchez?

Edited by billsfreak

I think if you switched the two QB's your theory would be challenged, even refuted...The Jets protect Sanchez via play-calling so well it goes almost unnoticed...But it's VERY impressive...Sanchez is surrounded by better talent and Coaching than Henne...Sanchez is no more Leader than Henne IMHO...In fact Sanchez is more growing-into that roll whereas Henne was thrust into it...The Vet Leadership on that Jets Team is strong and it's mostly on the Defensive side...Put Henne on that Jets Team and I think his numbers would improve, making him a better QB than Sanchez because in two years as Starters their numbers are VERY similar this far and there is no question which Team has been better overall and has more overall talent...

I'll give credit where it's due...Sanchez GREATLY cut down on the BIG mistakes in 2010...Probably because his Coaching Staff made him realize he simply has to play smarter for them to win consistently...Still, all this garbage about Sanchez being a natural winner is a joke...The Jets are a winning Team and at times it's despite the QB play...They have incredible talent all over the field and great Coaching...They Won 4 Games last Year (including the Indy Playoff Game) with a combined QB Rating of 62.98!!! 62.98!!! And they get Wins against Minnesota and Cincy at Home, plus Denver and Indy on the Road...That to me is pretty impressive...No question Sanchez had some very good Games where the Jets won...But Sanchez had 4 Games where he had a QB Rating of 90 or better and the Jets won those Games by an average of 12.25 points...Only the Houston Game was a close Win when he played very well...

I think Sanchez could definitely turn out to be one of the better QB's in the NFL...But right now he's no where even close...And it's just my opinion, but I think if Sanchez was on a Team like The Bills, he would be the laughing stock of the NFL...He's truly blessed that he went where he went when he went there...That's all... B-)

Sanchez > Henne by a good amount IMO. While Sanchez is not a "good" qb at this time, henne, IMO is a "bad" qb. The only time I've seen henne flash any type of potential was vs our bills 2 years ago, in which he played a very good game. It's been all downhill from there. I think the only question is, will Sanchez ever become a good qb? He's in a great spot, but does he have the head for it? Henne will never become a good qb, IMO, he'd be lucky to achieve a "decent" rating.

Why is it that a young Bills quarterback (JP Losman, Trent Edwards) can play terrible for 2-3 years, win hardly any games.... and so many Bills fans claim "we just haven't given them enough time." They get all the excuses in the world. Bad coaching, weak play calling, poor offensive line, no weapons, etc.

But when another team has a young quarterback like Sanchez, who is still having growing pains... Bills fans talk about how bad the guy is?

Sanchez has more talent than any Bills quarterback since Drew Bledsoe. He's won more games than any Bills quarterback since Doug Flutie.

Both are CC's of Pennington and will mirror his career. Sanchez could also be related to Byron Leftwich in play style, and they're both minorities - so I can't compare him to a pure white QB. (kidding)

Edited by jboyst62

No doubt. Henne=borderline total bust. Sanchez=2 years in the NFL, 2 years starting, 2 straight AFC Championship games. Only a fool would say they were equal. I don't think Sanchez is great, he could be, he might not, he has a way to go, but he has been heads and shoulders above Henne. What's next? Someone going to say that Fitz is better than Sanchez?

Totally agree...The same was said about Big Ben...Came in Started after the starter got hurt....went on to have a 15-1 season and AFC Championship game and then wins the super bowl, where he had a so-so game... But those steelers needed exactly that kind of QB...a game manager who did not make big mistakes....They won with their running game and Defense...But still needed a threat at the QB position so that teams couldn't stack up the LoS. In fact, the year they won the SB, it was Ben's initial onslaught against the Colts and Broncos that set up them to run the ball and close out the game.

It was so evident the difference for this Steelers team between when Ben was the QB and when Tommy Maddox was playing....The teams could stack up the line and stop the Steelers run when maddox was in.

I see Sanchez doing exactly the same...being surrounded by a great Defense and excellent running game....and the guys makes the plays when it matters...

There isn't even any close comparison to Henne and Sanchez.

BTW, Fitz reminds me so much of Tommy Maddox....Tommy resurrected his career with the Steelers, when they were not going anywhere with Koredell Stewart...However, besides putting some points, he could not get that team to win consistently. I think Fitz will be just that and it is imperative for the Bills to find that Franchise QB in the next draft.

I think if you switched the two QB's your theory would be challenged, even refuted...The Jets protect Sanchez via play-calling so well it goes almost unnoticed...But it's VERY impressive...Sanchez is surrounded by better talent and Coaching than Henne...Sanchez is no more Leader than Henne IMHO...In fact Sanchez is more growing-into that roll whereas Henne was thrust into it...The Vet Leadership on that Jets Team is strong and it's mostly on the Defensive side...Put Henne on that Jets Team and I think his numbers would improve, making him a better QB than Sanchez because in two years as Starters their numbers are VERY similar this far and there is no question which Team has been better overall and has more overall talent...

I'll give credit where it's due...Sanchez GREATLY cut down on the BIG mistakes in 2010...Probably because his Coaching Staff made him realize he simply has to play smarter for them to win consistently...Still, all this garbage about Sanchez being a natural winner is a joke...The Jets are a winning Team and at times it's despite the QB play...They have incredible talent all over the field and great Coaching...They Won 4 Games last Year (including the Indy Playoff Game) with a combined QB Rating of 62.98!!! 62.98!!! And they get Wins against Minnesota and Cincy at Home, plus Denver and Indy on the Road...That to me is pretty impressive...No question Sanchez had some very good Games where the Jets won...But Sanchez had 4 Games where he had a QB Rating of 90 or better and the Jets won those Games by an average of 12.25 points...Only the Houston Game was a close Win when he played very well...

I think Sanchez could definitely turn out to be one of the better QB's in the NFL...But right now he's no where even close...And it's just my opinion, but I think if Sanchez was on a Team like The Bills, he would be the laughing stock of the NFL...He's truly blessed that he went where he went when he went there...That's all... B-)

I don't think he is blessed to go to the Jets, he was a college superstar at one of the highest profile colleges, was supposed to be a high pick, and the Jets made a bold move to trade up for the their guy they thought could lead them to championships and in his first 2 seasons he has lead them pretty darn close to the AFC Championship. They look good with draft of him, and Sanchez has done well enough and been good enough to do that. Henne can still be decent, I believe.

Henne basically sat his first season and played a lot the last 2 on a run first team, and I thought he got better, it is crazy to think he is any worse than Fitz. Him and Fitz do not look much different, and if you want to make the comparison that Gragham is doing just on stats then Fitz is the same Henne then too.

Sanchez has more talent than any Bills quarterback since Drew Bledsoe. He's won more games than any Bills quarterback since Doug Flutie.

And he's won more playoff games than ANY Bills QB other than Kelly.

I'd say Sanchise is more like Eli Manning. I don't think he'll ever be in the top group of QBs, but he's very talented, growing into the job, and good enough to get his team over the hump.

Any qb would be successful on the Jets right now. They have the best oline in the entire NFL, with weapons at every skill position. Additionally, they have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Yet, Sanchez puts up Jp Losman type numbers. IMO, because of the surrounding team around him, Sanchez is one of the worst starters in the NFL. As much as I hate to say it, the Jets have a Super Bowl type team that is only held back by Sanchez.

And Henne sucks too. Gimme the teams surrounding them, Fitz is by far and away is the 2nd best qb in the division.

Any qb would be successful on the Jets right now. They have the best oline in the entire NFL, with weapons at every skill position. Additionally, they have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Yet, Sanchez puts up Jp Losman type numbers. IMO, because of the surrounding team around him, Sanchez is one of the worst starters in the NFL. As much as I hate to say it, the Jets have a Super Bowl type team that is only held back by Sanchez.

And Henne sucks too. Gimme the teams surrounding them, Fitz is by far and away is the 2nd best qb in the division.

One of the worst? Zero credibility with that statement. Go back and look at the games last season. Several come from behind wins in which Sanchez had clutch plays. The kid's learning.

Why is it that a young Bills quarterback (JP Losman, Trent Edwards) can play terrible for 2-3 years, win hardly any games.... and so many Bills fans claim "we just haven't given them enough time." They get all the excuses in the world. Bad coaching, weak play calling, poor offensive line, no weapons, etc.

But when another team has a young quarterback like Sanchez, who is still having growing pains... Bills fans talk about how bad the guy is?

In his first two seasons in the NFL, Sanchez has led his team to the AFC Championship game.

I appreciate divisional rivalry like the next Bills fan, but maybe we should STFU about Sanchez until we have a quarterback who , y'know, maybe gets us to the playoffs sometime in the next decade.