Portion of Ohio State players to enter Supplemental Draft

OSU players to petition to enter NFL Supplemental Draft...Overall, the only one that sparks my intrest is Pryor!

I've looked at several 2012 mock draft bios on Pryor and over half list him as a "boom or a bust pick."

Like Pryor, I love cars! :rolleyes: Doubt he will make it on this team, but this is the most interesting news story in the NFL today--besides The Meadowlands possible name change & possible 'Hard Knocks' teams...

Quick Bio on Pryor

Wikipedia-Terrelle Pryor

Espn stats-Terrelle Pryor

I feel like Pryor would get the "JP Losman/Troy Vincent treatment" here. He seems to be a rather huge douche. Coming from being the man in a city and program that placed him on a pedestal, he'll be in for a huge awakening in whatever locker room he ends up in.

That's if it's deemed legal:

In other words, the supplemental draft represents an advance on the next year’s draft. Since the expired CBA doesn’t call for a draft next year, how can there be a supplemental draft?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/31/supplemental-draft-could-be-next-front-in-nfl-nflpa-legal-battle/

If it is though, OT Mike Adams sounds the most intruiging of all the guys they've talked about, at least from a position of need standpoint:

Of course, Pryor is the big name among the five suspended players — the others are halfback Dan Herron, receiver DeVier Posey, offensive tackle Mike Adams(notes), and defensive end Solomon Thomas. As a quarterback, Pryor has a second- to third-round grade by NFLDraftScout.com — but his real value might be as a receiver. Pryor has run a sub-4.4 40 at 6-foot-6 and 235 pounds, and comparisons have been made to San Diego Chargers star receiver Vincent Jackson(notes). Pryor has rushed for over 100 yards in nine different games through his Ohio State career.

Posey is a big-play threat with a second-round grade, Herron is NFLDraftScout's second-ranked senior running back behind Texas A&M's Cyrus Gray, Adams is a projected possible first-round pick (only Boise State's Nate Potter is ranked higher on NFLDS's senior tackle list), and Thomas is a potentially draftable player without the name recognition of his teammates. However, according to Rang, everything is not as it seems when it comes to supplemental draft prospect rankings, because a pick here equates to a lost pick in the same round next season, and there's generally less competition for players in the supplemental draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ohio-State-takedown-could-lead-to-robust-supplem;_ylt=AsV2oJUHx7Zu3YUZMaV.iHRDubYF?urn=nfl-wp2257
Promising offensive lineman who continues to improve with experience … will share time with J.B. Shugarts at left tackle and with Marcus Hall at right tackle this spring … made great strides during the offseason in terms of conditioning and physicality … worked primarily at left tackle last season.

Info on Adams

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I attend Ohio State and the 2 prospects that I like out of that group for any team are Mike Adams and Devier Posey. Adams has elite lt size and was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. Mccshay has him slated as a late first round pick next year. Posey is a speed wide receiver who can create big plays. Last year he had a bad case of the drops but the year before he was my favorite player on our offense. Both players could eventually make an impact in the league. Then again, I hope they come back to school.

I feel like Pryor would get the "JP Losman/Troy Vincent treatment" here. He seems to be a rather huge douche. Coming from being the man in a city and program that placed him on a pedestal, he'll be in for a huge awakening in whatever locker room he ends up in.

That goes for every star college football player. Not just Pryor.

That goes for every star college football player. Not just Pryor.

Well then it's a matter of degree.

Some of the stories out there on Pryor are pretty amazing.

Pryor's been coddled and spoiled his entire life and Tressel was his biggest enabler. There was a double standard in Columbus as far as Pryor is concerned. People on this very board were talking about Pryor's shenanigans months before this story broke… in the context of whether he was draft worthy next year.

OSU players to petition to enter NFL Supplemental Draft...Overall, the only one that sparks my intrest is Pryor!

I've looked at several 2012 mock draft bios on Pryor and over half list him as a "boom or a bust pick."

Like Pryor, I love cars! :rolleyes: Doubt he will make it on this team, but this is the most interesting news story in the NFL today--besides The Meadowlands possible name change & possible 'Hard Knocks' teams...

Quick Bio on Pryor

Wikipedia-Terrelle Pryor

Espn stats-Terrelle Pryor

As has been reported on ESPN Pryor is very selfish all he cared about is him & what he could get from or out of his college fame . That's why he will more than likely opt out of his senior college season while the investigation continues on like it did in Reggie Bushes case . We won't find out how truly crooked the guy is for a few more years .

Then toadd my own personal side to the story . About a year ago my job just so happened to take me to Columbus on a week end that Ohio State was playing a game at home .

Needless to i was amazed at the amount of people in uniform weather they were working behind the counter or just fans of Ohio State . So i engaged in some conversation with a guy working behind the counter of the hotel where i was staying .

The conversation started out as you might think me saying i can't believe how into the team the city is , the conversation eventually got around to there pride & joy Terrell Pryor and much to my surprise thinking it was going to be how great the guy was it was the opposite .

The young man commenced to tell me how stuck on him self Pryor was how self centered & how he thought he was gods gift to football he thought he was . He told me the kid wouldn't speak to fans in college or even at the stadium & held him self above all else that considered them selves fans of Ohio State .

So all of this stuff that surrounds this guy I WOULDN'T GO ACROSS THE STREET TO SEE HIM IF HE PUT THE BILLS IN THE SB HE'S A JACK ASS !!! PLAIN & SIMPLE & WILL GET WHAT'S COMING TO HIM !!!

PLEASE BUFFALO DON'T BRING THIS JERK WITH IN 100 MILES OF THE RALPH :thumbdown: !!

As has been reported on ESPN Pryor is very selfish all he cared about is him & what he could get from or out of his college fame . That's why he will more than likely opt out of his senior college season while the investigation continues on like it did in Reggie Bushes case . We won't find out how truly crooked the guy is for a few more years .

Then toadd my own personal side to the story . About a year ago my job just so happened to take me to Columbus on a week end that Ohio State was playing a game at home .

Needless to i was amazed at the amount of people in uniform weather they were working behind the counter or just fans of Ohio State . So i engaged in some conversation with a guy working behind the counter of the hotel where i was staying .

The conversation started out as you might think me saying i can't believe how into the team the city is , the conversation eventually got around to there pride & joy Terrell Pryor and much to my surprise thinking it was going to be how great the guy was it was the opposite .

The young man commenced to tell me how stuck on him self Pryor was how self centered & how he thought he was gods gift to football he thought he was . He told me the kid wouldn't speak to fans in college or even at the stadium & held him self above all else that considered them selves fans of Ohio State .

So all of this stuff that surrounds this guy I WOULDN'T GO ACROSS THE STREET TO SEE HIM IF HE PUT THE BILLS IN THE SB HE'S A JACK ASS !!! PLAIN & SIMPLE & WILL GET WHAT'S COMING TO HIM !!!

PLEASE BUFFALO DON'T BRING THIS JERK WITH IN 100 MILES OF THE RALPH :thumbdown: !!

No more typing on your IPhone. I revoke your privileges.

I'd take Adams with a 3rd, posey and Pryor with a 6th. I'm not a fan of Pryor. I actually dislike him, a lot. But he's got some talent that chan could work with, and I suspect he may be better than Levi....maybe

man, that was a lot of typing to tell us your front desk agent at the hotel didnt like him.

Yeah I've heard nothing but terrible things across the board about Pryor.

He is seemingly the poster boy for everything that is wrong with athletes today… a more entitled and coddled version of Vince Young.

I have advocated for Vince Young because I think he's been knocked down a bunch of pegs and has been humiliated… something good coaches (or hard knocks) will do to certain players before building them back up.

I understand Tressel had two sets of rules for the Buckeyes… one set for Pryor and another set for the rest of the team.

Having watched him play, Pryor is extremely gifted… I think the talk of moving him to wide receiver is ridiculous. He has the physical skills to be as good as any quarterback in recent memory.

That said, let some other team let him crash and burn. I'd rather take the reincarnated (MIchael Vick or Vince Young) before I wasted any time on Terrelle Pryor.

Regarding Pryor. The pattern of poor behavior and being coddled goes back to high school. Pryor and his team were involved in a postgame fight during the PIAA basketball playoffs. Only a slap on the wrist was administered.

www.pahoops.org/mikewhitearticle.htm

www.post-gazette.com/pg/08072/864347-361.stm

I attended the following game vs North East. After winning, Pryor and his coach engaged in a quick faux boxing exchange as they celebrated. I found it disgusting.

Hope the Bills don't go after him.

I think Pryor will be a better pro than Cam Newton. Wouldn't mind adding him at all.

So the flood of character concerns that have been posted in this topic… you don't care about character concerns or you just don't care to address them?

Aren't you supposed to be a writer or something?

So the flood of character concerns that have been posted in this topic… you don't care about character concerns or you just don't care to address them?

Or just the simple problem solving ability outlined in his internal dialog:

"I am a NCAA athlete. I know I am not supposed to take free car or sweetheart deals for a car, but everyone is doing it.

Should I have my family memeber sign for this 8th!!! car?"

"Sure No problem go ahead and sign, cuz."

I'm thinking this decision making process won't translate well to the pros.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I would cease being a Bills fan if Pryor became a Bill. In fact, it would force me to become a Brady or Fish fan. Here's why:

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world," Pryor said of Vick. "Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

This idiot should be put out his misery. Some people call him another Vince Young, but that's insulting to Young.

Prior gets by on having a great team around him. He isn't very good. He is proof that the conventional wisdom around here about QBs winning is stupid.

No, he's a good college QB, where running the ball is equally important with throwing it. However, like virtually every other running QB, he will not succeed as an NFL QB.

I think Pryor will be a better pro than Cam Newton. Wouldn't mind adding him at all.