Expect an Increase in Crime if Season is Lost

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in your little world, people are either thugs on full-time crime sprees, or nice suburban folk. Nothing in between. Must be one or the other. Black or White. No Grey...

Ok.

I didn't say that, read what you want. All I am saying is that not having football on sundays will have absolutely nothing to do with the crime rate. Wow? What I am saying is the career criminal, which most who commit serious crimes are, aren't typically die hard football fans who put down there weapons to update their fantasy football roster. You must be as ignorant as Ray Lewis is if your post is any indication of your intelligence level.

Peter King's take:

I don't understand Ray Lewis' logic. I respect Ray Lewis, and I also do not travel in his circles. I don't know who has told Lewis the crime rate by the general populace in America is going to go up if there's no pro football this fall, but someone has, and he's buying it. Lewis told Sal Paolantonio of ESPN: "If we don't have a season, watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up,'' he said. When SalPal asked why, Lewis said: "There's nothing else to do.''

It's a nice headline, but I'm not buying it. I suppose it could happen, but unless we get burglars and thieves saying they did it because the NFL wasn't on TV on fall Sundays this year, I'm not buying what Lewis is selling.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/22/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1NIAK5Gon

of course it will increase, NFL players won't have anything else to do and since they aren't anything special without the NFL, they are just one of the...general populace.

Edited by jeremy2020

I don't know who has told Lewis the crime rate by the general populace in America is going to go up if there's no pro football this fall, but someone has, and he's buying it.

How does he know someone told him this. He might have just made it up or come to conclusion on his own. He knows a little bit about crime. Perhaps even more than Peter King does.

"There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said. "Yeah, walk in the streets, the way I walk the streets, and I'm not talking about the people you see all the time."

Lewis lives or spends a good deal of time in bad neighborhoods? Huh...I figured that he had a beautiful, large house in an upscale suburb.

If Lewis' assertion is true, then for the public good, the government should step in and do its best to ensure that the NFL season will take place.

• 3 weeks later...