Expect an Increase in Crime if Season is Lost

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the crime is Murder, then Ray is the guy to ask. He is well versed in that subject & holds time served on his masters in Murder. His book, "getting away with Murder", should be a best seller if the season is lost.

Total Loser. It must feel great to get away with killing someone

Pretty ignorant statement from someone who clearly knows nothing about that actual case.

Anyone who doesn't understand where Ray is coming from has never been to places like Oakland, Baltimore, New Orleans, etc and been in their troubled areas where the residences in those areas bleed the colors of the their respective football teams, and for football in general. Football Sundays are a way of life for many there, often long gatherings, BBQ's, etc. Without football, they are back on the street doing other things, not to mention the added frustration of the lost season.

So while I don't expect the national crime rate to double or something ridiculous like that, I see the rationale in why Ray sees how the lockout could affect the crime rate and incidents in some of the rougher parts of cities across the nation...I mean just from the sheer logistics of Football not being a distraction for them for the large part of a day and forcing them back on the street to find something else to do is enough to see a small spike...but like I said, any spike would be small as the affected areas don't represent the masses, so I am not personally worried about it.

Anyone who doesn't understand where Ray is coming from has never been to places like Oakland, Baltimore, New Orleans, etc and been in their troubled areas where the residences in those areas bleed the colors of the their respective football teams, and for football in general. Football Sundays are a way of life for many there, often long gatherings, BBQ's, etc. Without football, they are back on the street doing other things, not to mention the added frustration of the lost season.

what about the acts of violence that occur in stadia during games, or in parking lots?

What about all of the alcohol-related arrest during and after games?

I have to believe that people who are prone to committing crimes will do so, regardless of whether they get to watch NFL action on Sundays this fall.

Also, Ray Lewis is a scumbag

what about the acts of violence that occur in stadia during games, or in parking lots?

What about all of the alcohol-related arrest during and after games?

I have to believe that people who are prone to committing crimes will do so, regardless of whether they get to watch NFL action on Sundays this fall.

Also, Ray Lewis is a scumbag

stadia? clever, but most people use stadiums.

Acts of violence at the games and in the parking lots?

I pulled a random article about arrests at a game. 33 arrests were noted. Thats 0.0004% of people who attended the game were arrested. Hardly a crime ridden violence zone.

stadia? clever, but most people use stadiums.

Acts of violence at the games and in the parking lots?

I pulled a random article about arrests at a game. 33 arrests were noted. Thats 0.0004% of people who attended the game were arrested. Hardly a crime ridden violence zone.

it's not clever, really. Just proper usage.

How about the arrests outside the stadium? DWIs, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, etc?

That's ignoring all the stupid **** that people do while/after watching games at homes/bars.

How about the arrests outside the stadium? DWIs, public intoxication, disorderly conduct, etc?

That's ignoring all the stupid **** that people do while/after watching games at homes/bars.

Indeed proper, but not commonly used, at all. Stadiums is the common usage and also proper.

Ok, the numbers include those arrested outside the stadium. Even if you doubled the number you are still talking a minuscule rate. Getting 80,000 people together for an event and having a handful of arrests hardly is indicia of rampant violence.

Indeed proper, but not commonly used, at all. Stadiums is the common usage and also proper.

Ok, the numbers include those arrested outside the stadium. Even if you doubled the number you are still talking a minuscule rate. Getting 80,000 people together for an event and having a handful of arrests hardly is indicia of rampant violence.

33 people were arrested inside and outside stadia :thumbsup: during and after games? Was that in a single weekend? Hell, read The Buffalo News on the Monday & Tuesday after a game - they seem to list about a dozen arrests after each home game.

I never said that violence was "rampant" at NFL games. I just think the notion that the crime rate will increase in the event that the NFL will not have a season is asinine. Do the people who would otherwise commit crimes if not for the NFL somehow abide by the law on Monday through Saturday, just because it's football season? Does the crime rate spike from February - September? How does pre-season football affect the crime rate?

33 people were arrested inside and outside stadia :thumbsup: during and after games? Was that in a single weekend? Hell, read The Buffalo News on the Monday & Tuesday after a game - they seem to list about a dozen arrests after each home game.

I never said that violence was "rampant" at NFL games. I just think the notion that the crime rate will increase in the event that the NFL will not have a season is asinine. Do the people who would otherwise commit crimes if not for the NFL somehow abide by the law on Monday through Saturday, just because it's football season? Does the crime rate spike from February - September? How does pre-season football affect the crime rate?

Ha. Like i said even if it was dozens, say 72, which i dont think ive ever seen it that high, its still a very small rate. Smaller than walking through parts of the city.

I agree, i think its rather silly to think there will be a spike in crime if theres no NFL. I just cant stand those who make game days at the Ralph sound like watching a game in south central LA.

You are not even on the same topic here. One, the incidents you are referencing are rooted in disorderly conduct, not the type of criminal incidents Ray fears a rise in. Two, the incidents your are referencing no where occur at the rate you implying here as one poster already pointed out.

Most importantly, you are talking about two completely types of people. The people Ray is concerned about spiking the criminal activity are not the fans who actually attend the games, but fans in the poverish areas of the rougher parts of these cities who indulge in other criminal activities already. Not some dipstick at the game who got in some disorderly trouble from a few too many beers or on his way home from the game. You are talking about a few people at each game each week versus the hundreds of thousands of people Ray is actually worried about each week not at the game but in the streets of these rough areas.

He is not saying that people not involved in crime will suddenly turn to crime, but rather that those who already participate in criminal activities that used to spend large parts of their Sunday watching football now will no longer have that outlet...so the sheer logistics of them no longer having that distraction for a large part of their Sunday, if not their whole day, can easily lead to them engaging in additional criminal activities during that time now without that outlet.

Again, it's not like the crime rate is expected double, but what Ray is concerned about has some merit and could produce a small spike amongst the population already involved in criminal activity.

Pretty ignorant statement from someone who clearly knows nothing about that actual case.

So while I don't expect the national crime rate to double or something ridiculous like that, I see the rationale in why Ray sees how the lockout could affect the crime rate and incidents in some of the rougher parts of cities across the nation...I mean just from the sheer logistics of Football not being a distraction for them for the large part of a day and forcing them back on the street to find something else to do is enough to see a small spike...but like I said, any spike would be small as the affected areas don't represent the masses, so I am not personally worried about it.

If this is true, there should be a spike in crime in these cities from January through September, and I don't think there is.

If this is true, there should be a spike in crime in these cities from January through September, and I don't think there is.

That's what I said earlier in the thread.

Or maybe just the thought of the start of the NFL season, in a few short months, puts these would-be criminals in a happy place.

Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game. -- Ray Lewis

Ray Ray knows crime......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570

That's ray ray laying the groundwork for the next union argument about why the owners are evil....because they don't think about how the criminals will react to a work stoppage. And not just the monsters they employ like Ray "the accessory to murder" Lewis, but all the criminals who take time off from killing to watch the Packers play on Sunday.

Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game. -- Ray Lewis

Ray Ray knows crime......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570

Forget Ray Lewis.. NYS says crime is down and they are letting inmates out out and closing prisons to prove it... When they get rearrested they simply allow county jails to burst at the seams and keep spinning tales to the public!!

I didn't say I agree with him, just that I can understand why he would think so, especially given what he grew up around.

Although, the he is a murderer rant gets old by people who don't really know anything about his case or what he was really facing. Same goes with people who refer to Kobe as a rapist who don't actually know any thing about the case just because they don't like Kobe or the Lakers.

Edited by Alphadawg7