Five wide

I like our wide reciever... All seven of them.

So with that in mind last year we took five into the season ,

So assuming that is the same approach We take this year, who are the five you guys would rather see.

Remember if you sign them to the practice squad any team can sign them to the active roster.

1. Stevie

2. Nelson - we have needed a big boy who can play since forever

3. Jones - plays special teams, blocks well, strong like bull, upside

4. Easley - if he has a good preseason

5. Naaman- buffalo native, no drops in 4 games, plays special teams

So i left our two most accomplished recievers off the list,

I love lee evans but he has years on all these guys.

Parrish to me is fun to watch but i cant push the buffalo native off the team for him

I would like to keep 2 qb's and 2 te's and 3 ml's so we could keep all seven but who knows. There is talk of expanded rosters in a new cba but for now roll with it.

What do you think

Evans is still our best WR and Roscoe probably doesn't make the team- he still hasn't shown that he can get the job done (despite the fact that he is the second coming of Wes Welker.....)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmmmmm, did you watch any Bills games?

We went five wide too often. First down,

3rd

And short so they didnt have to respect the run.

I remember a couple times

Going empty backfield

3 and out

Is this a haiku? It seems short for a sonnet. Free verse?

Evans is still our best WR and Roscoe probably doesn't make the team- he still hasn't shown that he can get the job done (despite the fact that he is the second coming of Wes Welker.....)

Disagree on Roscoe. He was up their with Stevie as the teams top WR until he got injured. You can knock his injury history, but the way he played last season has got me excited to see what he'll do after a full year w/ Chan.

Disagree on Roscoe. He was up their with Stevie as the teams top WR until he got injured. You can knock his injury history, but the way he played last season has got me excited to see what he'll do after a full year w/ Chan.

People talked about him being disinterested and too small. Once he became interested, he got himself hurt. I see him as a wasted second-round pick.

People talked about him being disinterested and too small. Once he became interested, he got himself hurt. I see him as a wasted second-round pick.

Maybe, but still a better option at this point than the young guys IMO.

People seem to forget that gailey benched Steve Johnson in favor of Roscoe for a couple games early in the season, partly because Roscoe was so effective, and partly because Johnson was not doing what he was told to do.

Oh my. Where to begin? Leaving Evans and Roscoe off? Stupidity at its finest.

Evans, Roscoe, Stevie, Easley, Nelson. If we have to pick 5, any other names besides those 5 would be beyond foolish.

How come this thread continued after this post? What else is there to say?

Didn't tune in for much of the first half of the 2010 campaign, did ya?

Did you see how heartbroken Chan was when Parrish got hurt in that press conference......he LOVES the guy. Roscoe goes nowhere.

Naman is the guy on the bubble.....hope he is a good special teamer. But there is a reason why we didn't take ONE wide receiver in this draft......we simply have too many good ones.

The question is.....do we have any GREAT ones

To the OP (original poster) man how could you leave off Lee and Rocsoe in the top five?? what are you smoking on ?? :)

To me Roscoe is the most fearless WR we have. Evans needs Stevie and visa versa and they make for a nice starting pair.

I like to see what Easley can do. Last year in camp before he got hurt they were talking him up like he was a steal.

top five

Evans , Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson, Easley with Spiller out the backfield will be hard for any team to deal with.

Fitz making proper reads he should just spread the ball out to everybody. You will see if Fitz gets time to throw the rock he will have a nice season because he has some nice weapons.

To the OP (original poster) man how could you leave off Lee and Rocsoe in the top five?? what are you smoking on ?? :)

To me Roscoe is the most fearless WR we have. Evans needs Stevie and visa versa and they make for a nice starting pair.

I like to see what Easley can do. Last year in camp before he got hurt they were talking him up like he was a steal.

top five

Evans , Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson, Easley with Spiller out the backfield will be hard for any team to deal with.

Fitz making proper reads he should just spread the ball out to everybody. You will see if Fitz gets time to throw the rock he will have a nice season because he has some nice weapons.

I am smoking a big fat bowl of common sense

I started by saying i like lee, he is one of our players of the decade and i dont want him to leave

But if we only keep 5 wide outs like last year then i think he might have to go

Rosco has half of a good season under his belt so everybody should stop acting like he is a probowler

He has more fumbles than td in his career and although i like him to i would keep a wr who can play gunner as well

I like ALL the wr but we arent going to the superbowl so next year we would be having the same kind of conversation

so why not cut to the chase

P.s. You were prob upset last year that we cut hardy and kept stevie

You probably thought our top five should be t.o, lee, hardy, chad jackson and felton huggins

You prob thought trent was a sb qb and m lynch was way better than freddie

you prob love kelsay, maybin and stroud

I am smoking a big fat bowl of common sense

I started by saying i like lee, he is one of our players of the decade and i dont want him to leave

But if we only keep 5 wide outs like last year then i think he might have to go

Rosco has half of a good season under his belt so everybody should stop acting like he is a probowler

He has more fumbles than td in his career and although i like him to i would keep a wr who can play gunner as well

I like ALL the wr but we arent going to the superbowl so next year we would be having the same kind of conversation

so why not cut to the chase

P.s. You were prob upset last year that we cut hardy and kept stevie

You probably thought our top five should be t.o, lee, hardy, chad jackson and felton huggins

You prob thought trent was a sb qb and m lynch was way better than freddie

you prob love kelsay, maybin and stroud

You caught him, he's dick jauron!

Seriously though, what did you expect when you proposed a receiving corps with like 20 starts between them all? With multiple UDFA players at that?

I really like Nelson, he should get more playing time...By FAR the best hands on the team (I know, doesn't say much). SJ is good, but he doesn't have half the year he had without Lee Evans drawing double coverage on almost every play. Also (this may upset some), SJ does not have good hands. He is good (especially for a 7th round pick), and I am very happy to have him start opposite Lee evans. However he does NEED that threat opposite him to keep him open.

I agree, with most...that Parrish is too small, and has done too little. He didn't even look good returning kicks recently.

Easley looks like he has potential, but don't forget this is a 4th round pick that has never seen an NFL field, and is coming off major injury.

Jones shows skill at times but is erratic with questionable hands, can he improve? Maybe, but for now I see him as a 4th or 5th option at best.

Don't count on Naaman making the team, they have Felton Huggins who looked a little better to me, and is bigger. They might make a FA addition as well.

My top 5 guess...Evans, SJ, Nelson, Easley, Jones/Huggins/someone not on the team yet....Ok that's more than 5

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you even watch this team? Stevie J had a better year than Evans ever had. EVER!!!!! Fact!!!

How can you say Stevie is not a true #1 option when he just had possibly the best year for a WR since the days of Moulds and Price. Evans statistics and play has never proved to be better than a 2nd WR option. I really like Lee, I've met him and spoken with him multiple times, he's been one of my favorites for years and is a good guy on the team and in the locker room but he is no #1 option at WR, never has been a legit #1 either.

And don't get me started on Roscoe, the guy weights 170lbs soaken wet with all his pads on. My forearms are thicker than his thighs. When was the last time he wasn't injured during the season? The guy can't stay on the field. I'll admit he played well last year when he was in there but the fact still points that he can't stay healthy. He's also got to be around 30 and regardless what you think he hasn't done anything in the return game in years. This team is getting healthier and younger not the other way around. Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson are the up and coming WRs for this teams future. Evans and Parrish are on thier ways out.

I'll make a bet with you. If Roscoe and Evans are on this team as our #1 and #3 next year at this time I'll buy you lunch. Chefs spaghetti Parm is on me. I don't even want anything if Im wrong. That's how sure I am about it.

The main person saying thank you if you cut Evans would be Lee Evans.

If he was FA this would unleash such a bidding war for the player who is #3 behind Reed and DuBenion and he would get to pick the team with a credible team with a starting #1 WR and a big armed QB it would not even be funny.

If you are such a devotee to stat what would you pay for a WR with the stats of Evans career for TDs catches and yards for nothing, you would be that you would throw him under the bus for one season that did not meet your standards.

Oh please.