comeback game on nfl network....

Just watched it on Tivo. Man did we get a lot of blown refs calls in our favor in that game! Any one of those going the other way and we lose. The Oilers were jobbed.

PTR

I guess we reallyy can't complain about the Music City Miracle. Karma is funny like that; karma is going to be one big SOB to the Cheatriots some day :)

I look forward to this.

Edited by saundena

Just watched it on Tivo. Man did we get a lot of blown refs calls in our favor in that game! Any one of those going the other way and we lose. The Oilers were jobbed.

PTR

We got some bad calls too; Bruce Smith was basically mugged and pulled to the ground every play, and there were hardly, if any, penalties called.

Watching the game again, you have to come away really impressed with Andre Reed. Such great route running and YAC.

I guess we reallyy can't complain about the Music City Miracle. Karma is funny like that; karma is going to be one big SOB to the Cheatriots some day :)

I look forward to this.

There was some karma there for sure. However, Im not so convinced that the Titans won The Music City Miracle because Buffalo had some calls go our way in The Oliers Wild card game...I think it was more a function of F'ing Doug Flutie over by putting in Rob Johnson. He had earned the right to play in that game as he was the QB that got us to the playoffs-Not to mention-The enthusiasm that Flutie generated for the Bills post Kelly was wide spread. People liked The Bills with Flutie all over the country and for those who forget-The guy almost single-handedly helped the Bills re-new their 15 year lease at The Ralph by "Selling" luxury suites for the team-Pretty sure that wasnt in his contract, but he was front and center in that effort to sell the suites-without those sales, the team may have already left Buffalo-It was critical that they sold-and he was out there giving tours, meeting people , etc. I also believe that the past ten years beginning with the Music City Miracle were karmic payback for what The Bills did to Flutie. Hopefully we have exercised thsoe demons-we have suffered enough, but stayed loyal!

Also The Cheatriots have sort of already begun to get their karmic payback...Going unbeaten in regular season 2008, and losing on a fluke play in the SB, Brady getting hurt in first game of the next season-out for the year, Cassel taking them to 11-5 and they still dont get in playoffs, and then 2 embarrassing playoff losses in past 2 seasons vs. Baltimore and NY Jets at home...Let's hope it keeps up for another 20 years. They have more coming...

There was some karma there for sure. However, Im not so convinced that the Titans won The Music City Miracle because Buffalo had some calls go our way in The Oliers Wild card game...I think it was more a function of F'ing Doug Flutie over by putting in Rob Johnson. He had earned the right to play in that game as he was the QB that got us to the playoffs-Not to mention-The enthusiasm that Flutie generated for the Bills post Kelly was wide spread. People liked The Bills with Flutie all over the country and for those who forget-The guy almost single-handedly helped the Bills re-new their 15 year lease at The Ralph by "Selling" luxury suites for the team-Pretty sure that wasnt in his contract, but he was front and center in that effort to sell the suites-without those sales, the team may have already left Buffalo-It was critical that they sold-and he was out there giving tours, meeting people , etc. I also believe that the past ten years beginning with the Music City Miracle were karmic payback for what The Bills did to Flutie. Hopefully we have exercised thsoe demons-we have suffered enough, but stayed loyal!

Also The Cheatriots have sort of already begun to get their karmic payback...Going unbeaten in regular season 2008, and losing on a fluke play in the SB, Brady getting hurt in first game of the next season-out for the year, Cassel taking them to 11-5 and they still dont get in playoffs, and then 2 embarrassing playoff losses in past 2 seasons vs. Baltimore and NY Jets at home...Let's hope it keeps up for another 20 years. They have more coming...

I hate to break it to you but Rob Johnson led the Bills to what should have been the winning field goal. So I don't understand your reasoning, other than fantasizing that the dwarf would have scored ten touchdowns by himself. I seem to recall the Bills offense sputtering because the NFL had the book on Flutie and no one was biting on his stupid pixie-hop fake anymore.

PTR

• 1 month later...

BTW I was at that game. Anybody else here?

Sure, Of course! Wasn't everybody who lives within 200 miles of the stadium?

Just kidding, I was there and it's still something our family brings up now and then.

Almost left.... luckily stuck it out a few more minutes.....then couldn't leave.

Funny how we weren't as cold during the comeback. :blink:

Sad that we have to go back this far for the good memories.

Edited by K-No

Sure, Of course! Wasn't everybody who lives within 200 miles of the stadium?

Just kidding, I was there and it's still something our family brings up now and then.

Almost left.... luckily stuck it out a few more minutes.....then couldn't leave.

Funny how we weren't as cold during the comeback. :blink:

Sad that we have to go back this far for the good memories.

Temps were in the low 40s that day so at least relatively speaking for Buffalo in January it was not all that cold.

I hate to break it to you but Rob Johnson led the Bills to what should have been the winning field goal. So I don't understand your reasoning, other than fantasizing that the dwarf would have scored ten touchdowns by himself. I seem to recall the Bills offense sputtering because the NFL had the book on Flutie and no one was biting on his stupid pixie-hop fake anymore.

PTR

This. :thumbsup: