Worst voices in music

Justice

While on the best of/worst of subject, I'd like to switch the subject to lead singers that has no business singing or their voices just plain get on your nerves. For me, it's Shakira and Rod Stewart.

I hate their voices. Who told them they can sing?

Mind you, I'm not dissing their music, just their voices.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geddy lee, Robert plant, Steven Tyler, Celine dion, Brittany spears, the rascal flats guy.

Eddie vedder

Robert Plant?!?! BLASPHEMY!!!! Maybe today, He definitely should ride off into the sunset. This Band of Joy project is a disgrace, but in his prime, Robert plant was THE QUINTESSENTIAL R-N-R FRONT MAN! Bar none.

I would have to agree with Bob Dylan. We are strictly speaking of his voice, not creativity or song writing ability.

Led Zepplin is the most over rated rock band EVER! Followed closely by Aerosmith. Never did get into that, because of the lead singers btw...

Also, Tom Petty's voice annoys me and Willie Nelson's, Toby Keith's, etc.

I agree with the OP about Shakira, but her body makes it easier to deal with. :blush:

Led Zepplin is the most over rated rock band EVER! Followed closely by Aerosmith. Never did get into that, because of the lead singers btw...

Also, Tom Petty's voice annoys me and Willie Nelson's, Toby Keith's, etc.

I agree with the OP about Shakira, but her body makes it easier to deal with. :blush:

Led Zeppelin=Origin of screamo.

He can write songs with the best of them ... But sing? His voice is a cross between a rasp grinding over wood and a jackal.

I think there are certain guys like Dylan who have great voices, for the songs they sing. Dylan's voice is perfect for many of his songs, and a singer with a "better" voice would not and could not perform the vocal of that particular song nearly as well. Tom Waits is like that. Springsteen sometimes. Janis Joplin. Neil Young.

I think there are certain guys like Dylan who have great voices, for the songs they sing. Dylan's voice is perfect for many of his songs, and a singer with a "better" voice would not and could not perform the vocal of that particular song nearly as well. Tom Waits is like that. Springsteen sometimes. Janis Joplin. Neil Young.

Exactly, you don't have to have a great voice to be a great singer...

Cee Lo Green

Blasphemy. There are much worse voices than him. Ashlee Simpson deserves all time recognition for a terrible voice. As for current artists Kesha is freaking awful and so is "Lady" Gaga, Britney Spears (whose new album sounds like seals being clubbed to house music), and Lil Wayne.