Ralph Wilson is so old...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without exaggerating, it's possible that Ralph Wilson has met someone who personally knew a Revolutionary War veteran. The last of those guys died in the 1860s, and someone born in 1860 would still be in his 70s when Ralph was born. It's not likely, but it's possible.

World War I was stll being fought, Woodrow Wilson was President, television hadn't been invented, "talking" motion pictures hadn't been invented, both the Ottoman and Hapsburg (Austro-Hungarian) Empires stil existed (none of this is particularly funny but incredibly it's true).

the point of this thread wasn't to offend anyone or disrespect ralph. The man is a WWII vet and kept our team in Buffalo when he had countless opportunites to make more money elsewhere, the man deserves all the respect in the world. Just trying to have a little fun when there is nothing else relevant to talk about.

the point of this thread wasn't to offend anyone or disrespect ralph. The man is a WWII vet and kept our team in Buffalo when he had countless opportunites to make more money elsewhere, the man deserves all the respect in the world. Just trying to have a little fun when there is nothing else relevant to talk about.

There aren't too many fans out there more supportive of RW and appreciative of his placing and keeping pro football in Buffalo for over 50 years than me, and I think the thread is fine, uc...great, even.

I think Ralph would laugh too, if he saw it. :thumbsup:

There aren't too many fans out there more supportive of RW and appreciative of his placing and keeping pro football in Buffalo for over 50 years than me, and I think the thread is fine, uc...great, even.

I think Ralph would laugh too, if he saw it. :thumbsup:

Are you making fun of the fact that the font on his computer would have to be REALLY LARGE for him to read it because he is SO OLD!!!

Tsk, tsk... for shame.

Are you making fun of the fact that the font on his computer would have to be REALLY LARGE for him to read it because he is SO OLD!!!

Tsk, tsk... for shame.

:lol:

I would never do that, but Ralph probably would...

Ralph Wilson has owned the Buffalo Bills since they were one of the original eight teams when the old American Football League was formed in 1960. He has seen it all in the last 51 years.

"I'm 92 years old, closing in on 93," he said by telephone from his Detroit home last week.

He only gets to a handful of Bills games each year now. He's not quite as mobile as he used to be. "If I can walk to the breakfast table, it's a great day," he said laughing.

(Link - NY Daily News - Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson never wanted that deal NFL owners now can't seem to stomach

(GO RALPH!!!! :thumbsup: )

Without exaggerating, it's possible that Ralph Wilson has met someone who personally knew a Revolutionary War veteran. The last of those guys died in the 1860s, and someone born in 1860 would still be in his 70s when Ralph was born. It's not likely, but it's possible.

My thoughts as well.