They power ranked helmets

that had to be the worst ESPN article i have ever read. Top 10, and you only get to vote on 10, leaving 22 other helmets without a vote? they obviously don't have a frickin clue on how to generate unbiased statistics. Dumb, even for ESPN.

you are right to state that it is biased. It is biased in design as 11-32 in a persons mind hold the same weight. However, it would be a rather valid test to state the top 5 or top 3 as those should garner votes from each panelist. You are right that they could have easily ranked all 32 to gather the best solution.

you are right to state that it is biased. It is biased in design as 11-32 in a persons mind hold the same weight. However, it would be a rather valid test to state the top 5 or top 3 as those should garner votes from each panelist. You are right that they could have easily ranked all 32 to gather the best solution.

:unsure: They did rank the helmets...Bills came in at #22, while 6 team helmets received no votes...so those six are tied for last, or, 27th if you prefer! I think the way they did it is the only way you really could do it, to have it mean anytthing...or, mean anything in terms of how silly the article is.

Agree, it is a stupid article...Bills new white helmets will be #1 next year!

Let me know when they rank the best ankle tape jobs.

PTR

Don't bring your fetish stuff here, okay? :P

:unsure: They did rank the helmets...Bills came in at #22, while 6 team helmets received no votes...so those six are tied for last, or, 27th if you prefer! I think the way they did it is the only way you really could do it, to have it mean anytthing...or, mean anything in terms of how silly the article is.

Agree, it is a stupid article...Bills new white helmets will be #1 next year!

Don't bring your fetish stuff here, okay? :P

Actually they ranked the "retro" helmets which had the Bills coming in at the 10 spot. The article goes on to say it will be the helmet the team uses in 2011. So technically we came in at #10 on the list.

All I know is that I saw the article and in the picture our helmet was still red with all those stripes. I doubt it was our new white one for 2011 which will definitely bring it up. I saw one list on another site that had Clevelands in the top 10.

Says it all really! :blush: