Bills to install A-Turf field

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logo is at midfield in this picture.

No logo at midfield? I'm confused. :blink::blink:

I guess it wasn't sewn in yet, and they had to take it off for some reason.

And as for the field/endzones, I like it, but wonder what red lettering and white outlines would have looked like.

'Photoshop' it and see what you think...

No need to Photoshop. That's the design the NFL used for the Super Bowl fields (all of them, iirc).

The white with red border is roughly the same concept as the numbers in the home jersey redesign. I'm actually surprised they didn't do a navy border instead of the thin white stripe. If this field is supposed to last 12 years, that might say something about how devoted they are to the navy trim. (Which is a positive, in my book. The navy is totally unnecessary.)

The white with red border is roughly the same concept as the numbers in the home jersey redesign. I'm actually surprised they didn't do a navy border instead of the thin white stripe. If this field is supposed to last 12 years, that might say something about how devoted they are to the navy trim. (Which is a positive, in my book. The navy is totally unnecessary.)

I'm not defending them, but the thin navy stripe apparently has something to do with enhancing the way the numbers look on TV (or from afar). At least that's what they said in the video on bb.com. If you look at all of the new merchandise (and helmet), clearly navy isn't a "primary" color any more.

I'm really digging that the Bills are reinforcing royal blue and white as their "main" colors, using red only as an accent in specific spots.

Now they just need to get rid of the navy wall around the playing field and it'll look great!

I think it was red at one time and that would look pretty good again with the new colors on the field. Hopefully there is a plan in place to do that. They could paint it after the new turf is down since there is a border area around the ring and any spillage won't get on the new turf. I just hope someone at OBD has this in their plans, if not, they should be contacted soon about doing it.

Edited by flomoe

I just hope someone at OBD has this in their plans, if not, they should be contacted soon about doing it.

:lol:

A) they dont care about these types of things at OBD and most assuredly they do not have anyone working on it and if you were to contact them about it you would likely hear the telephone being hung up.

B) as we can see by the Sabres example it takes new ownership to make changes like paint!

Edited by beerme1

:lol:

A) they dont care about these types of things at OBD and most assuredly they do not have anyone working on it and if you were to contact them about it you would likely hear the telephone being hung up.

B) as we can see by the Sabres example it takes new ownership to make changes like paint!

Again, what's wrong with the color of the wall? I like it. Why waste any money, much less the taxpayers' money, to change it?

Again, what's wrong with the color of the wall? I like it. Why waste any money, much less the taxpayers' money, to change it?

The wall used to be red, then they changed it to navy blue to match their change in uniforms (which obviously, they no longer use).

And yeah it looks terrible with the new royal blue lol, I'm sure they will get around to changing it. It's kinda like buying a new tailored suit and mismatching it with a 20 year old tie from your closet. Even a small change like the wall really makes the field pop.

Field looks fantastic though!

The wall used to be red, then they changed it to navy blue to match their change in uniforms (which obviously, they no longer use).

And yeah it looks terrible with the new royal blue lol, I'm sure they will get around to changing it. It's kinda like buying a new tailored suit and mismatching it with a 20 year old tie from your closet. Even a small change like the wall really makes the field pop.

Hmmm… didn't know you were artistic… almost like you have panache or something… or élan? One of those things.

So they should change the wall to royal blue to match the endzones? I don't think red would look good at all.