My take on the Bills moving to Toronto

to me it would be the same as if I lost my girlfriend to a bigger, better looking guy, and he says to me: "Hey I just live around the block from you, so you can come over and visit her any time you want. sound good?"

Nope, it sounds terrible. That is all. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Edited by McKinleys Curse

to me it would be the same as if I lost my girlfriend to a bigger, better looking guy, and he says to me: "Hey I just live around the block from you, so you can come over and visit her any time you want. sound good?"

No, that's how it would be if they moved to VA. This would be more like her leaving you for an effeminent drunk with bad teeth that calls you "guy".

are we to infer you're small and not so good looking and ... more important: how good looking is your girlfriend?

of course, this scenario leaves open a number of unanswered and potentially icky questions:

-- what's he mean by "visit"?

-- did he wink when he said that?

-- maybe he likes to watch?

-- how did you two happen to meet in order to have this conversation?

-- why did you lose your girlfriend in the first place?

-- plumbing issues?

-- i hope you're not the jealous pitiful type who'd say, 'Geez, you better not leave me for a bigger, better-looking guy,' cause that's just opening the door for a breakup?

-- have you two been going out long?

-- maybe you need a better-paying job?

-- this wasn't one of those platonic relationships, in which you actually thought she was your girlfriend, even though she was seeing guys on the side, was it?

-- i really hope that's not the case, cause those are the worst.

-- is it possible you missed her birthday or something, like leaving the toilet seat up? man, some of that's unforgivable.

-- or maybe you spent the whole weekend lying on the couch, watching sports, leaving her to go out with her friends with the potential to meet bigger, better-looking guys?

well, hell, no wonder she left. what kind of putz are you. and now you're put in this embarrassing situation in which the guy is poking a finger in your eye egging you on to come over and see her, any time, without any worry about what might happen because he's confident nothing will.

man, this is getting pathetic.

no wonder she left. you pretty much pushed her out the door.

jw

are we to infer you're small and not so good looking and ... more important: how good looking is your girlfriend?

of course, this scenario leaves open a number of unanswered and potentially icky questions:

-- what's he mean by "visit"?

-- did he wink when he said that?

-- maybe he likes to watch?

-- how did you two happen to meet in order to have this conversation?

-- why did you lose your girlfriend in the first place?

-- plumbing issues?

-- i hope you're not the jealous pitiful type who'd say, 'Geez, you better not leave me for a bigger, better-looking guy,' cause that's just opening the door for a breakup?

-- have you two been going out long?

-- maybe you need a better-paying job?

-- this wasn't one of those platonic relationships, in which you actually thought she was your girlfriend, even though she was seeing guys on the side, was it?

-- i really hope that's not the case, cause those are the worst.

-- is it possible you missed her birthday or something, like leaving the toilet seat up? man, some of that's unforgivable.

-- or maybe you spent the whole weekend lying on the couch, watching sports, leaving her to go out with her friends with the potential to meet bigger, better-looking guys?

well, hell, no wonder she left. what kind of putz are you. and now you're put in this embarrassing situation in which the guy is poking a finger in your eye egging you on to come over and see her, any time, without any worry about what might happen because he's confident nothing will.

man, this is getting pathetic.

no wonder she left. you pretty much pushed her out the door.

jw

hahaha...slow day at the office, jw?

and by the way, i am from toronto, and yes i am bigger and better-looking than you guys :thumbsup:

hahaha...slow day at the office, jw?

and by the way, i am from toronto, and yes i am bigger and better-looking than you guys :thumbsup:

...and your team is going to the Stanley Cup Finals every year, too. Yeah, we know about you Torontonians.

Dont worry, the rich, good looking guy is terrible in bed. Cant compete with us where it counts.

If bills move to toronto does that mean we get the argonauts as the first cfl expansion team outside of Canada?

little late, Joe. back in the 1990s, the CFL made a failed bid to expand into the U.S., attempting to plug teams into such high profile markets as Sacramento, Las Vegas, Birmingham, Shreveport (of all places), Memphis (i think) and Baltimore.

the only market that worked proved to be Baltimore, which was still reeling from losing the Colts to Indy. in fact, the Colts band still marched at CFL games and Baltimore eventually became the first U.S. team to compete in the Grey Cup, and lose, before winning it (i think they won it), the following year.

of course, the NFL caught on and brought football back to Baltimore, and that was the end of the CFL in the U.S.

jw

Interesting I had no idea. What were the teams names?

With that can we ask for the raptors instead? Love to see sine hoop back in buffalo.

i'd love covering the NBA once again.

Birmingham was the Barracudas.

Shreveport Pirates.

Sacramento Gold Miners.

Las Vegas Posse ... lasted like three games before folding.

Memphis Mad Dogs.

the Baltimore franchise couldn't use the Colts. they went with the Stallions and also the Baltimore Football Club, i believe.

and i forgot the San Antonio Texans.

i wrote about this prior to the Bills first regular season game in Toronto. in fact, i still have media guides for a number of these teams, as i covered the CFL during my days in Vancouver.

jw

jw won the thread

thanks. i'd like to thank the academy ... :thumbsup:

jw