Tyler Thigpen To Buffalo?

H2o

Bills beat writer Joe Buscaglia considers Tyler Thigpen a "natural fit" as Ryan Fitzpatrick's backup if the four-year veteran hits the open market.

Thigpen's free agency hinges on the labor outcome. While he's struggled mightily in short stints under center, Thigpen flourished under Chan Gailey's shot-gun spread late in 2008. A reunion with Gailey would benefit both sides while providing insurance should Fitzpatrick go down with an injury or take a step back in 2011.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?r=1

He did do well under Gailey in KC and I think he would definitely be a better option than Brohm.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Miami make a move for a vetern QB like McNabb for Henne to learn from. TT would be a good pick up for Buffalo & I'm still optimistic about the development of Levi.

What could Henne learn from McNabb?

I think Chad Pennington was going to try to come back, too, but then he tore his ACL in a basketball game. So Thigpen's really the only other QB on Miami's roster, so I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to retain him. But I think he'll likely hit free agency, so we're free to outbid them.

Losman is a better option than Brohm. Not a big fan of Thigpen, and seems like I read somewhere that Miami wanted to keep him. We can do much better than Brohm #2 (Thigpen).

Here's a seemingly informed and previously posted article about Thigpen's current status with the Phish:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/03/miami-dolphins-place-tender-on-tyler-thigpen.html

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Losman is a better option than Brohm. Not a big fan of Thigpen, and seems like I read somewhere that Miami wanted to keep him. We can do much better than Brohm #2 (Thigpen).

Memo to Buddy Nix -- billsfreak isn't a fan of Thigpen, so don't even look in that direction.

Actually, a rational analysis would conclude Thigpen is a perfect fit for Buffalo, given his familiarity with Gailey's offense.

Edited by eball

He's a free agent.

So? He thinks he's a starter. He won't turn down a good offer from Miami to come to Buff and backup Fitz. In fact, given Henne's low function, Thigpen is more likely to start for Miami this year than Buffalo.

So? He thinks he's a starter. He won't turn down a good offer from Miami to come to Buff and backup Fitz. In fact, given Henne's low function, Thigpen is more likely to start for Miami this year than Buffalo.

That's probably true, actually. But the big question for them will be if the Dolphins try to make a big splash by acquiring Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young or Kevin Kolb, which would likely send Thigpen to the exits. Not that I think those would be good moves, but this is the Dolphins, who have brought in Daunte Culpepper, AJ Feely, and Trent Green to solve their QB woes. When Thigpen compares #3 in Miami to #2 in Buffalo, he might be interested, knowing that the coach here is in his corner. If we end up drafting a QB in 2012, Thigpen might have an equal shot to Fitz at sticking around in the backup/mentor role - Fitz is entering a contract year.

That's probably true, actually. But the big question for them will be if the Dolphins try to make a big splash by acquiring Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young or Kevin Kolb, which would likely send Thigpen to the exits. Not that I think those would be good moves, but this is the Dolphins, who have brought in Daunte Culpepper, AJ Feely, and Trent Green to solve their QB woes. When Thigpen compares #3 in Miami to #2 in Buffalo, he might be interested, knowing that the coach here is in his corner. If we end up drafting a QB in 2012, Thigpen might have an equal shot to Fitz at sticking around in the backup/mentor role - Fitz is entering a contract year.

If the FIns are bringing in a vet on your list--it's as a starter and likely Henne is the one they would release.

All I know is I hope they sign some people as soon as the lawsuit stuff permits then to because I don't think I can make it through much more of this, "Why don't they sign X to play backup?" whereby X eventually ='s every QB not under contract either in or out of the league. I know that is what we do around here but still...., I would so much rather talk about people actually on the roster than a guy we might pick up at some indefinite point in the future who will, in all likelihood, not play a meaningful down all year. I say that because I am confident that the line is going to turn a corner this year.

hes a 4 year veteran, and could fill in as the backup to Fitz for this year and could spend this year learing the offence better and learning from Fitz to eventually take over