is coca cola toxic?

Pete

Are they pseudo green?

Read up on BPA and think about it

Toxic...not sure....but drop a penney in some...wait a while and SEE what it does.

My son took a class for his hospitality degree in college and it took months for him

to drink anything but fruit based drinks.

Toxic...not sure....but drop a penney in some...wait a while and SEE what it does.

My son took a class for his hospitality degree in college and it took months for him

to drink anything but fruit based drinks.

When I was a kid we lived near a gas station. When they had trouble removing lug nuts they'd pour coke on it and voila...off they came.

Yeah it's toxic that's why we're all dead. Any article that wants to talk about chemicals and health scares and studies I don't give any credence to anyway aught not have a "...WTF?" at one point in it.

Yeah it's toxic that's why we're all dead. Any article that wants to talk about chemicals and health scares and studies I don't give any credence to anyway aught not have a "...WTF?" at one point in it.

So are you ok with DDT? How about pesticides? I suggest you google bisphenol A

IMO Coca Cola is one of the main reason Americans are obese. Obesity is a slow death- diabetes, heart attacks, strokes...

In my opinion Americans are the main reason Americans are obese. When I was a kid we drake coke (diet coke? HA) like water and we were all bean poles.

BTW if Coca Cola was so bad I highly double Calvert would buy them for one of their funds.

Edited by Chef Jim

Why don't you read up on BPA and think about it first? BPA's not found in Coke, it's found in soda CANS. Drink Coke from plastic bottles, you get no BPA exposure.

Furthermore, presuming any meaningful toxicity of BPA in soda cans from a study that loads lab rats with unrealistic BPA exposure goes beyond ridiculous into the area of patently ignorant. For the amount of Coke you'd need to drink to see any toxic effects from BPA, you'd see far worse toxic effects from the phosphoric acid and sugar long before.

So is Coke toxic? Of course. And it has absolutely nothing to do with BPA.

The sad thing about your scientific illiteracy, Pete, is that you're still smarter than the average American.

In my opinion Americans are the main reason Americans are obese. When I was a kid we drake coke (diet coke? HA) like water and we were all bean poles.

BTW if Coca Cola was so bad I highly double Calvert would buy them for one of their funds.

I've been a Coke (especially Vanilla Coke) addict since an almost daily 20-oz vending machine bottle at the U. There've been periods where I've laid off of soda for a few months at a time or had one only occasionally. I can't recommend a diet in "empty calories" for everyone, but I'm 6'1" and about 160 and remain active so I burn it off. It's much more important to stay away from over-processed foodstuffs that's calorie- and saturated fat-dense, and then sit on ones' ass (not a coincidence that many nutritionally horrible foods tout easy or fast preparation and then, surprise surprise(!) its eaters are too !@#$ing lazy to get up and move), than carbonation and simple sugars.

We're headed now into lemonade and iced tea season. With a family history of kidney stones, I really ought to be drinking more (tap) water, tho....

Edited by UConn James

We're headed now into lemonade and iced tea season. With a family history of kidney stones, I really ought to be drinking more (tap) water, tho....

Cranberry juice is better. There's an acid in cranberries (I forget what) that's effective at dissolving kidney stones. Have you had a kidney stone yet? They suck...a lot. I've had women tell me that kidney stones hurt more than childbirth. :ph34r:

On the other hand, if you want lots of kidney stones...drink sodas.

Why don't you read up on BPA and think about it first? BPA's not found in Coke, it's found in soda CANS. Drink Coke from plastic bottles, you get no BPA exposure.

Furthermore, presuming any meaningful toxicity of BPA in soda cans from a study that loads lab rats with unrealistic BPA exposure goes beyond ridiculous into the area of patently ignorant. For the amount of Coke you'd need to drink to see any toxic effects from BPA, you'd see far worse toxic effects from the phosphoric acid and sugar long before.

So is Coke toxic? Of course. And it has absolutely nothing to do with BPA.

The sad thing about your scientific illiteracy, Pete, is that you're still smarter than the average American.

I have read plenty on BPA, thank you. BPA leeches. My problem is this:

K, so within those tight constraints, Coca-Cola says it wants to be a "green company." So ... WTF? Last week, Coca-Cola shareholders voted by a 3-to-1 margin to continue using BPA, a toxic industrial chemical, in the lining of its soft-drink cans.

According to an account in Food Production Daily, a company executive assured shareholders that "if we had any sliver of doubt about the safety of our packaging, we would not continue to use [bPA]." So, we're supposed to believe that Coke execs have weighed the evidence and found BPA to be safe -- and that they will immediately banish it if they decide otherwise.

bull ****. BPA is banned in Canada, Denmark, many other places. And one study I read stated BPA was harmful 53 parts per trillion. Do you honestly believe the Coke executive? Easy remedy would be glass bottles. But Coke is more worried about their bottom line then health complications from BPA

And I could be wrong, but my understanding is BPA is in most plastic bottles, including Coke.

Cranberry juice is better. There's an acid in cranberries (I forget what) that's effective at dissolving kidney stones. Have you had a kidney stone yet? They suck...a lot. I've had women tell me that kidney stones hurt more than childbirth. :ph34r:

On the other hand, if you want lots of kidney stones...drink sodas.

Usually have a glass of cran every day or two. Studies suggest it's also helpful against prostate problems.

I have not had kidney stones, and am also thankful I haven't had the "D_____ stomach" that plagues that side of the family.

I've been a Coke (especially Vanilla Coke) addict since an almost daily 20-oz vending machine bottle at the U. There've been periods where I've laid off of soda for a few months at a time or had one only occasionally. I can't recommend a diet in "empty calories" for everyone, but I'm 6'1" and about 160 and remain active so I burn it off. It's much more important to stay away from over-processed foodstuffs that's calorie- and saturated fat-dense, and then sit on ones' ass (not a coincidence that many nutritionally horrible foods tout easy or fast preparation and then, surprise surprise(!) its eaters are too !@#$ing lazy to get up and move), than carbonation and simple sugars.

I used to drink a bit of coke then I stopped a few years ago. I don't remember why. I drink sparkling water with lemon or lime. If I drink soda now I don't like the taste. I don't miss it at all.