Any interest in trading for Flynn or Clausen?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody interested in potentially trying to trade for Matt Flynn or Jimmy Clausen?

The Bills were "stupid" not to draft Clausen. He was so freakin' awesome the Panthers picked a QB #1 the very next draft! So now the Bills are supposed to bail out a team dumb enough to listen to the draft experts by taking their trash off their hands, and give up something for the privilage?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'd take a flier on Clausen for a 6th or 7th. He's got talent, just needs to mature and be in the right situation. Obviously he wasn't ready to be thrust into the disaster in Carolina last year.

that entire roster in Carolina was a mess last year, and I wouldn't base a guys ability & career off of part of his first season

I have no problem seeing Buffalo give up a 4th or lower, (maybe a 3rd) for Clausen and see what Chan can do with him letting him play behind Fitzpatrick for the year. At best, the Bills may get their franchise QB, at worse, they gave up a mid draft pick that probably would end up being a depth/fringe player anyways

If the Bills didn't like Clausen enough to draft him, why would they trade for him?

Matt Flynn would maybe be worth a flier. I also would kick the tires on Kevin Kolb

Maybe they didn't draft him cause they thought they were better off seeing what they had in Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm while using the pick on another position.

The Bills were "stupid" not to draft Clausen. He was so freakin' awesome the Panthers picked a QB #1 the very next draft! So now the Bills are supposed to bail out a team dumb enough to listen to the draft experts by taking their trash off their hands, and give up something for the privilage?

PTR

I'll take this as a no

No to Flynn, Clausen and I know your thinking this Maddog, no to Kevin Kolb.

Haha. Wasn't thinking Kolb. I don't think he's an upgrade from Fitz and it would cost a ton to get him.

I am not advocating a trade for Flynn or Clausen, just wanted to see what people think.

There aren't really any attractive options available (or potentially) at QB this year:

McNabb, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Bulger - over the hill

Vince Young - head case. Maybe worth a risk?

Clausen, Moore, Flynn - young guys with upside

Not much beyond these guys unless I am missing something.

I'll take this as a no

More like "Are you freaking out of your mind", no.

Or "Step slowly away from the crack pipe and let us help you", no.

Or no, "you don't want to go swimming in the Love canal".

Upside? Fitz has upside.

If it were my decision, I would take Claussen, if Carolina gave the Bills a couple of mid round draft picks to take him off of their hands. The same goes for Matt Moore.

If the Bills were to trade for a QB I would rather have Tim Tebow. He performed well in the few games he played, and he can take a beating (both physically and mentally) which would be perfect for dealing with Buffalo's climate, opponents, and fans. But I think that he will be the QB of the Broncos for years to come, it would therefore cost a lot to get him.

I think that Kolb is going to be the next Rob Johnson.

Vince Young? He couldn't handle the pressure of Buffalo fans berating him constantly. He would be a step BACK for an upcoming offense.

I'd take a flier on Clausen for a 6th or 7th. He's got talent, just needs to mature and be in the right situation. Obviously he wasn't ready to be thrust into the disaster in Carolina last year.

I would take a flier also. I am no huge fan of Clausen by any means, but I do gotta say the kid got screwed. He was thrown into an unstable situation, throwing the ball to two rookie WR's and no running game. It was just piss poor coaching all around in Carolina. I think Fox was coaching to get fired and wanted out and it trickled down to the field. Clausen would be nice to have behind Fitz for a couple of years and let game come to him, and learn how to be a leader behind Fitz. He does have some talent. He would probably be the best backup we could get with an upside and not spend a lot of money on a career backup. Think about San Diego, had Brees, didn't have an impressive first couple of years in the league drafted Manning traded for Rivers, and let Brees go to NO. Now who would you rather have Rivers or Brees?