Any interest in trading for Flynn or Clausen?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would throw a 3rd out for Flynn, wouldn't touch Clausen. From what I've seen of Flynn, he can make all the throws, played great against the Packers last year, and has a grasp of the NFL. Dude could pry start for most teams right now.

I like him, but I'm not going to mortgage the future on the guy

I have no interest in either of their QBs, and wouldn't be too sure the Panthers are ready to part with The Emu just yet...

As he assessed his performance in the postgame interview room, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said he was "in the business of moving the chains." Business was bad for Newton and the rest of the Panthers’ offense Friday. Maybe not a 400-point-drop-on-Wall Street bad, but bad enough to give pause to anyone who thought Newton was a shoo-in to win the starting quarterback job.

In his first exhibition start, Newton threw behind and below receivers, often failed to set his feet and looked confused at times in the Panthers’ 20-10 loss to Miami. The No. 1 overall pick completed 7 of 14 passes for 66 yards. He only had one completion to a wide receiver — a 2-yard gain to Armanti Edwards on third-and-9 late in the second quarter.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera would prefer to name a Week 1 starting quarterback before next week’s game at Cincinnati, and did not indicate a leader in the competition between Newton and Jimmy Clausen.

(Link - Boston Herald)

Edited by The Senator