What would you give up to get Luck in next years draft

jkx2

With filling many holes in the defense in this years draft. Lets say a the team with the #1 pick in the 2012 draft has a QB already and wants to trade out. What would you give up to get Luck who looks to be the most gifted QB coming out of college since Elway. Would you go so far as Ditka did to get Ricky Williams? I think I would have to give it serious thought.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give up the entire draft if need be - people say it would set a team back years... I say a good QB will allow the rest of the team to flourish, and F.A. can bring in more starters than a typical draft - and if it went bad, you're one year behind. I'd do it, and even a little more if need be.

With filling many holes in the defense in this years draft. Lets say a the team with the #1 pick in the 2012 draft has a QB already and wants to trade out. What would you give up to get Luck who looks to be the most gifted QB coming out of college since Elway. Would you go so far as Ditka did to get Ricky Williams? I think I would have to give it serious thought.

I would trade them our last 8 first rounders. So basically Dareus and a bunch of bad contracts. ;)

I will wait and see how Luck perfoms in his senior year before determining his worth. Who knows, we might have the 1st pick in the draft and thus would not have to give up anything other than that pick to get him.

There are people on this board saying that Luck might not be at the top of the draft board next year, we'll have to wait and see.

I think it depends on how well we do next year, obviously. If were an 8-8, .500 team next season and we realize that Luck is one of few factors that would put us into the playoffs in 2012 then I'd be willing to give up 2 first round picks at least. But if we realize this team still has several holes on both sides of the ball, I don't know how willing I'd be to trade into that number one spot, (if that's where Luck is still projected to go.)

I'd give up the entire draft if need be - people say it would set a team back years... I say a good QB will allow the rest of the team to flourish, and F.A. can bring in more starters than a typical draft - and if it went bad, you're one year behind. I'd do it, and even a little more if need be.

Ordinarily, I'd say say "no way" but provided the Bills staff is convinced he's the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and they're willing to spend on any quality free agents at positions of significant need since they wouldn't have any picks, I'd sign off on a "Ricky Williams" type trade. Luck may just be one of those once in a generation type prospects.

I think you'd have to start with Kyle Williams. He is the best player on the team, but:

1. If Troup develops this year, then he is a better fit for what we are doing on defense.

2. It's going to take a lot to get Luck.

If the team with the top pick needs a QB, then I think there's practically nothing you can do to get the pick. If not, then the odds are pretty good their chief weakness is on defense.

I would be down with any exchange of picks and/or players, but I would not give up any picks for the following year's draft.

This is counting way too many chickens while they're still in the oviduct for me.

Luck is a potential Peyton type. Guy has a VERY real potential to be the face of the NFL down the line for 10 years. We absolutely would sell the farm for him. Nix was in love with him early this year the few times he talked about him anyway before he decided to stay. Guy is smart, has all the tools, plays pro-style, runs, throws, leads...guy is a stud. He's twice as valuable as any QB taken this year. You almost can't place a value on him.

Edited by dayman

Nothing with Landry Jones and Matt Barkley also coming out next year. The 2012 qb class looks to be 100x's better than this years

Agreed. But I'm sure that all the QB "experts" on this board and know-it-all-media types who are crucifying the Bills for not taking one this year are convinced that Gailey & Nix are unaware of this. <_<

I would wait until this season is almost over with to make that decision. See how Fitz performs, see how the line comes together. If the OL is terrible why draft a franchise QB? So that he can become the next Matthew Stafford?

Depends on where we pick. If we pick at around 8-12. A second rounder and a fourth could probably do it. If we are picking mid round, we would probably need to give up our 3rd that year and 1st next. But I would DO IT INSTANTLY. I have a feeling though that, that 1st pick will be a HOT commodity and the team moving up will probably need to give up more than the norm. I still would do it for Luck. But I would love to have Barkley as well.