2 first round picks in 2012?

Adam Schefter twitter feed just mentioned that the Bills have 2 1st round picks in 2012. Is that correct? Figured someone here would know.

AdamSchefter Also not to be overlooked: Chargers, Bills and Browns, who now have two first-round picks in 2012. #knowmoreintwoyears

12 minutes ago

Edited by amacc

Adam Schefter twitter feed just mentioned that the Bills have 2 1st round picks in 2012. Is that correct? Figured someone here would know.

Two options:

One, he is projecting that Dareus won't play due to injury so it will SEEM like the Bills have two first rounders in 2012 when he actually makes it to the field.

or

He projects that the 33rd pick is kinda' like having a second first rounder.

I believe he was talking about the 2012 mayan prophecy which fortells a great shift in universal fortunes where things go right for Buffalo sports franchise which knocks balance from all living things thus starting an appocolypse.

that would likely happen if the Sabres and Bills both won championships. :rolleyes:

I think he just made a grammar mistake with a misleading/unspecific subordinate clause.

Would have been much clearer to write, "Also not to be overlooked: Chargers, Bills and Browns. The Browns now have two first-round picks in 2012."

This would be like: "Waiting in the doctor's office were Tim, Bob, and Tina, who was suffering from a vaginal yeast infection."

The clause does not apply to the first two subjects. It's complicated a bit by sports team names being a plural case in American English, so "have" is used, which in sentences like this, is ambiguous as to whether the verb is plural case b/c it's being applied to all three subjects, or b/c it's being applied to one of the subjects (Chargers, Bills and Browns) that happens to be a plural case.

I think he just made a grammar mistake with a misleading/unspecific subordinate clause.

Would have been much clearer to write, "Also not to be overlooked: Chargers, Bills and Browns. The Browns now have two first-round picks in 2012."

This would be like: "Waiting in the doctor's office were Tim, Bob, and Tina, who was suffering from a vaginal yeast infection."

The clause does not apply to the first two subjects. It's complicated a bit by sports team names being a plural case in American English, so "have" is used, which in sentences like this, is ambiguous as to whether the verb is plural case b/c it's being applied to all three subjects, or b/c it's being applied to one of the subjects (Chargers, Bills and Browns) that happens to be a plural case.

I feel bad for Tim and Bob.

New NFL rule- you suck 10 years in a row and get 5 visits from the Wahmbulence you get an additional first rounder

What about 15 years in a row? We have the potential to achieve that you know!

maybe someone will give us a first for Donte

I would take that without even thinking twice! Heck I would take a 2nd for him without thinking hard either!