2. B- Williams

3. C Sheppard

4. B Searcy

4. A Hairston

5. A White

6. C White

7. B Rogers

7. C Jasper

I think the C for Sheppard is a bit harsh from Prisco. He looks like a solid pick. Otherwise at least this website seems to like what Buffalo did.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it begins. The parade of the most pointless articles that will be published all year. Check back in 4 years.

this

For what it is worth...

1. B+ Dareus

2. B- Williams

3. C Sheppard

4. B Searcy

4. A Hairston

5. A White

6. C White

7. B Rogers

7. C Jasper

I think the C for Sheppard is a bit harsh from Prisco. He looks like a solid pick. Otherwise at least this website seems to like what Buffalo did.

:thumbdown: Let's see ... an instant analysis of CBS Sports.com grades ... D-. How can you give a B+ grade to the easiest draft pick of the first round. The Bills needed a monster on the DL ... Cam Newton was gone as was 'lay down on tough plays' Miller ... leaving us the best pick of the day a clear A+.

The final grade of any draft comes in another year or two after everyone has had a chance to play but I am crossing CBS Sports off my list as a "trusted" source.

For what it is worth...

1. B+ Dareus

2. B- Williams

3. C Sheppard

4. B Searcy

4. A Hairston

5. A White

6. C White

7. B Rogers

7. C Jasper

I don't get the B+ for Dareus when he was widely predicted to go in the top 5, most people thought in the top 2.

Williams went right where he was projected to go and that's B-? I don't get these grades at all.

What are they grading against, our perceived need and we get down-graded because they thought we should have taken Gabbert instead of Dareus and Mallet instead of Sheppard?

I care not what others think.

On the field, they must not stink!

I'll amend slightly for myself:

I care not what those pundits think

If they play on Sunday and don't stink!

I don't get the B+ for Dareus when he was widely predicted to go in the top 5, most people thought in the top 2.

Williams went right where he was projected to go and that's B-? I don't get these grades at all.

What are they grading against, our perceived need and we get down-graded because they thought we should have taken Gabbert instead of Dareus and Mallet instead of Sheppard?

The bills picked him which is my guess.

I am trying to figure out how Darius is anything but a A

- Total position of need

- Possibly the best player in the entire draft at any position

He didn't play QB at butt-!@#$ U. So he's the kissin' cousin of a bust.

- Total position of need

Those are the exact reasons it merits a C (an "average" grade) - it would take someone of way-below average intelligence NOT to take Dareus, the best player in the draft that also just happens to fill our greatest need, after both Carolina and Denver passed him over.

(I'm thrilled with the pick, but I'm not givin' Buddy an "A" just for NOT being an idiot!)

- Total position of need

Because from the perspective of non-Bills fans, the Bills haven't made the playoffs for 11 years because they don't have a QB and they came away from round 1 without one.

I love Dareus, but in 5 years will there have been a QB in this draft that the Bills missed that becomes a franchise QB? I think some observers like Prisco think so. You saw their rankings. Most people had Newton and Gabbert in the top 5.

And those observers have a point.

The draft is a process that the Bills treat like an isolated event.

In a PROCESS, you need to do certain things over time. For instance, selecting a QB with your first selection in a draft. The Bills have now gone 51 years without doing so.

I really don't like Gabbert, but when you never go all in on a QB you should expect to lose.

I've said it before, had the Bills used their first pick in each of the last 7 drafts on a QB they would not be one bit worse off for it. Again, I love Dareus, he's a great DT/DE prospect but even if he makes ten pro bowls he will not have the impact of a franchise QB, that's just the way it is.

Edited by Dick Drawn

- Total position of need

Exactly...How is Dareus not an A+?...On the NFL Network they were asking which of the players in this Draft would be in the Top 100 this time next year and Dareus was the 1st Player mentioned...It was a HUGE need for this Teams and a TON of Scouts had him #1 Overall...A B+ Grade??? Must be because The Bills Drafted him... B-)

Exactly...How is Dareus not an A+?...On the NFL Network they were asking which of the players in this Draft would be in the Top 100 this time next year and Dareus was the 1st Player mentioned...It was a HUGE need for this Teams and a TON of Scouts had him #1 Overall...A B+ Grade??? Must be because The Bills Drafted him... B-)

See above. He is NOT a quarterback.

So it begins. The parade of the most pointless articles that will be published all year. Check back in 4 years.

Fair enough, but nobody ever does that. Lets look at 4 years ago:

Marshawn Lynch + Paul Pos + Trent Edwards = suck.

Maybe they thought Peterson was better especially for a team losing it's strong safety.

Dick, you were fired, leave us alone. And yes, you can have Whtiner.

Whats better: dareus Williams or Peterson bowers?

Dareus Williams by a mile.