Fourth round

marcus cannon and christian ballard ad quan sturdivant are the 3 players left on the board who came to visit buffalo prior to the draft and Nix has been pretty on point to pick those guys so i would imagine if one was available the would be the pick. more so marcus cannon because of ballards failed drug test at the combine. and quan might add another solid ILB for us

my personal pick would be Mark Herzlich. i been really big fan of his for the past few months on coming to buffalo. i like stocker or virgil green if we got TE.

was hoping the RB from hawaii would slip to us late but the packers took him at the end of the 3rd.

heres to herzlich tomorrow!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the guy from Tenn. got picked yet Luke Stocker ? He was rated pretty high ! Still kind of wonder why we didn't take Martez Wilson he was rated higher than Sheppard , hope that Chan & Buddy know more about this than we do !!!

So do I!

MARCUS CANNON.

Lock it in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/47898.html

Biography: Three-year starter awarded all-Conference honors the past two-years. Experienced at both tackle positions.

Positives: "Large, athletic blocker who easily controls defenders once engaged the point of attack. Blocks with good lean, shows the ability to adjust, and stays square. Quickly gets his hands into defenders, rides opponents from their angle of attack, and keeps his feet moving. Gets movement run blocking and effectively blocks with his legs. Solid footwork sliding out off the edge. Large enough to engulf opponents. Moves well on his feet."

Negatives: "Must properly condition himself, as he's too big. Played upwards of 375 pounds as a senior."

Analysis: "At the top of his game, Cannon is a blocking prospect who can be a dominant force at several positions up front. He comes with starting potential once he smoothes out the rough edges of his game and commits himself to proper conditioning off the field."

Projection: 2nd

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/47898.html#ixzz1KyoOQ12g

marcus cannon and christian ballard ad quan sturdivant are the 3 players left on the board who came to visit buffalo prior to the draft and Nix has been pretty on point to pick those guys so i would imagine if one was available the would be the pick. more so marcus cannon because of ballards failed drug test at the combine. and quan might add another solid ILB for us

my personal pick would be Mark Herzlich. i been really big fan of his for the past few months on coming to buffalo. i like stocker or virgil green if we got TE.

was hoping the RB from hawaii would slip to us late but the packers took him at the end of the 3rd.

heres to herzlich tomorrow!

Marcus Cannon is a mountain! 6' 5" and 358 lbs and he's a road grader... Could be one hell of an addition to the running game if he can stay in shape... Interesting RT prospect. If they can get one solid OT, a good OLB prospect, a TE and perhaps one more DE this could be the best draft for Buffalo in several years...

MARCUS CANNON.

Lock it in.

Biography: Three-year starter awarded all-Conference honors the past two-years. Experienced at both tackle positions.

Positives: "Large, athletic blocker who easily controls defenders once engaged the point of attack. Blocks with good lean, shows the ability to adjust, and stays square. Quickly gets his hands into defenders, rides opponents from their angle of attack, and keeps his feet moving. Gets movement run blocking and effectively blocks with his legs. Solid footwork sliding out off the edge. Large enough to engulf opponents. Moves well on his feet."

Negatives: "Must properly condition himself, as he's too big. Played upwards of 375 pounds as a senior."

Analysis: "At the top of his game, Cannon is a blocking prospect who can be a dominant force at several positions up front. He comes with starting potential once he smoothes out the rough edges of his game and commits himself to proper conditioning off the field."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/47898.html#ixzz1KyoOQ12g

:thumbsup:

Great option.... Another knock on him is too many false starts... But this is a run blocker I would love to see in a Bills uniform...

Unfortunately we will need to use a pick on a prospect LB since the one they took shepperd is slow at 4.8 and not surprisingly was projected as 4th round talent

Sheppard isn't going to play OLB so his 4.8 40 isn't a concern to me. And besides, the guy plays faster than the numbers indicate. He's deceptively fast. He'll be great next to Poz.

MARCUS CANNON.

Lock it in.

You do know the Kid has cancer right? It's treatable (a success rate for beating the cancer he has - non-Hodgkin lymphoma - is better than 90 percent), but it's still cancer... B-)

Canon? I don't know why he has slipped so far. He was graded a rd2 pick. I also like Ziemba, Sturdivant, Mathews and DJ Williams

He was diagnosed with cancer in his physicals. Will have to go through some chemo and rehab before he hopefully gets back to football.

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, that´s the way the winners draft..........

So please give me MARCUS CANNON, he can start for us right now, he could be the guard or RT for years to come........ This is the guy I want with our first pick in the 4th. round

With our second pick in the 4th round..... another available.......

CHRISTIAN BALLARD DE 3-4...... I dont mind we have MARCELL DAREUS, CARRINGTON, EDWARDS, you never have enough good defensive lineman, see the giants

CASEY MATHEWS ILB 3-4......... He is a Mathews, he could be a nice aditionn for depth and to pressure the starters..........

JAMES BREWER RT............... He could be our RT of the future, do you like an offensive line BELL, LEVITRE, WOOD, CANNON, BREWER.... This could be sweet....

CLINT BOLING G................ Best guard available and could be a starter if we dont take cannon......

LUKE STOCKER TE............... Best tight end available, the guy can block and can catch.......

DEANDRE MCDANIEL SS........... Best strong safety available.........

Right Now, we have 3 starters, with the first 3 rounds, this is a good draft for us...... (for my point of view)

EDWARDS ----- WILLIAMS ------ DAREUS

MOATS ------ SHEPPARD ------ POSZLUZNY ------ MERRIMAN

MCKELVIN ----- MCGEE

BYRD --------- WILLIAMS AS SS OR CB

FINALLY WE HAVE SOME DEFENSE........ AND FOR THE OFFENSE

BELL -------- LEVITRE ---- WOOD ------ CANNON ------ BREWER

LEE EVANS ---- STEVE JOHNSON ------ D. NELSON

FITZ

FRED JACKSON ---- CJ SPILLER

MARCUS CANNON.

Lock it in.

Cat....my question with him is can he play RT? Because if he can then it is a no friggen brainer.....best run blocking linemen in the draft

Unless we are taking a flyer on Cannon and don't have medical concerns (we wish him well for non-football reasons, and John Lester pitched the clinching game of the world series a year after he was diagnosed), I don't see any lineman who I think is going to have any chance of starting for us and being better than Wang or a free agent RT.

I like Stocker, but mostly these are the rounds that I trust Buddy to find good football players who can contribute, and I don't think any 4th rounder should be focused on needs because they rarely are able to make big contributions their first year anyway. So I will look for my RT on the free agent market and would like to see good football players at any position tomorrow to add depth and a little bit of talent to our roster.

Boling and Stocker today and we will have officially crushed this draft. Never been so optimistic about a class.

Wouldn't be upset if we took more defense in these rounds though. We have so much momentum here that if they continue to nail their defensive guys we could have a very impressive unit in 2 years.

Just throwing my two cents out, what if we snag Tory Gurli from Carolina. I know he is a WR, but would he be able to transition to TE? good hands and likes to block. Please hand me my change at any time.

GO BILLS!