Round 3 (Pick #68): LB Kelvin Sheppard - LSU

Beerball

Seriously? You know the odds of finding a Tom Brady caliber QB in the 6th Round? Let's see there's Brady, then there's... :unsure:

The truth is the odds of finding a Franchise QB decrease with every Round that goes by...That's fact...Not saying you can't find one late...Just saying the odds are REALLY against it... B-)

The Pats didn't even know they had a Franchise QB in Brady. They liked what they saw and felt he's be a good back-up to Bledsoe.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall how the staffs were selected/appointed for Senior Bowl duties. Can someone fill me in?

I believe the honor goes to the two last place teams going into the draft, assuming the coach wasn't fired. It would have been Fox and McDaniel if they hadn't been canned. Lucky break indeed.

PTR

Sheppard said he's looking forward to lighting a fire under Marcell Dareus, the Bills' first-round pick.

"I see we got big Marcell in front of me and I'm going to try to get his big butt fired up before those games so I can keep those linemen off me," he said. :thumbsup:

These guys know each other, right? LSU plays 'Bama every year?

What I like from the clips I've seen is that he seems to know how to tackle. He keeps his head up and wraps. :thumbsup:

Sheppard said he's looking forward to lighting a fire under Marcell Dareus, the Bills' first-round pick.

"I see we got big Marcell in front of me and I'm going to try to get his big butt fired up before those games so I can keep those linemen off me," he said. :thumbsup:

Buffalo News Article on Sheppard

We need more players with this kind of smack ... I like him already

Yeah but some guy somewhere with a 6 pack said he should be a 4th round pick, so he sucks.

;-)

The Pats didn't even know they had a Franchise QB in Brady. They liked what they saw and felt he's be a good back-up to Bledsoe.

Rich Gannon and Randall Cunningham come to mind immediately for post 6th round QBs. That is just off the top of my head.

I love the Sheppard pick!

Bruschi on espn just gave props to Shepard. Said he was an instinctual player and a glue guy. Gets his teammates on the same page.

I doubt bruschi knows **** about any of these guys other than what he read from the same sources teh rest of us have read+

LOVE this pick. He's a perfect inside linebacker for a 3-4. Smart football player, leader.

I think 2 years from now, we will look back at this draft as the turning point to the Bills fortunes. We are on the way back to respectability.

:thumbsup: