• Sam Acho
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowers is a disaster pick. He was completely shunned the entire first round. Obviously, team doctors feel his knee is very unstable and he is due for microfracture surgery which is a career ender more often than not.

Wilson. We added to front line when our real weakness was LB. Get him in there competing for a starting position. Hea not miller but he does project out at #2 lb on most boards. Getting #1 dt and #2 lb w/o making a trade is pretty impressive.

The knock on Wilson is that he plays soft. I've not seen him play and can't comment first hand about his skill-set but just reading the word "finesse" and "not physical" makes me nervous about any player in the front 7. I'd rather have a guy like Ayers (who I've seen play a ton being a UCLA fan) who isn't the fastest guy on the field but is always around the ball and is physical.

Kaepernick

Rudolph

Mallett

Bowers

All of them in my opinion are winners. I might jinx things here but I actually think the Bills can't go wrong. Bowers would be a killer compliment to our first round, Mallett could start right away, a tight end is desperately needed and Rudolph is No. 1 and Kaepernick in my mind is the best QB of the bunch.

Go Bills.

Bowers Houston Wilson Mallett in that order.

[/quo

The more i think about it Mallet will probably be there in round 3 i think we need more big men bowers would be great

maybe give maybin a chance to use his speed and just rush the passer along with merriman on the other side

pressure on the QB makes our DB's that much better

The knock on Wilson is that he plays soft. I've not seen him play and can't comment first hand about his skill-set but just reading the word "finesse" and "not physical" makes me nervous about any player in the front 7. I'd rather have a guy like Ayers (who I've seen play a ton being a UCLA fan) who isn't the fastest guy on the field but is always around the ball and is physical.

I don't find Wilson or Ayers to be particularly physical although both of them are great athletes (Ayers plays faster than he times) and have good size.

I've searched for but haven't found any "thumpers" out there this year…not like Rolando McClain last year or Rey Maualuga the year before.

IMO with both Ayers and Wilson, their best assets are that both of them are excellent all-around linebackers…but not thumpers.

If Bowers is not able to be an OLB, my selection would be Ayers, who is capable of being a 3-4 ILB.

I don't find Wilson or Ayers to be particularly physical although both of them are great athletes (Ayers plays faster than he times) and have good size.

I've searched for but haven't found any "thumpers" out there this year…not like Rolando McClain last year or Rey Maualuga the year before.

IMO with both Ayers and Wilson, their best assets are that both of them are excellent all-around linebackers…but not thumpers.

I think that assessment of Ayers is fair. He looks to be a "skinny" 254lbs. But also has the team captain thing working for him. Ran a slow 40 (4.88) at the combine.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Vote for what player you want us to pick with our second round selection

Martez Wilson.

Bowers is tough to pass on but the Bills have too many needs to take the risk. Opponents may have gotten a lot of rushing yardage around the edge but there was also a lot of yardage given up thru the middle. Even if Poz returns, him being their best ILB is lacking.

I wish they could take Kaepernick but LB is too much of a need position.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

No Bowers please, this guy will be a total bust. No explosion, No motor, No effort, No thanks. Plus a bum knee, he should be taken right off the board.

I can buy into most of what your criticisms. I don't agree with them, but I can see how someone could have that opinion. However, saying Daquan Bowers has no explosion just seems like an incorrect statement to me. I watch a fair amount of ACC football and that guy has some explosion. He can disappear from a game at times and he does have the bum knee, but the guy can do some exciting things on the football field.

Bowers is certainly a tantalizing possibility -- just like Mallet would be (to me anyway). But I think the team might be best served by avoiding both at this pick. The team has invested heavily in DL in the past two drafts; other positions are in more desperate need of help. Like the LBs, the DBs, and of course the TEs. Good lord this team hasn't had a true TE in over a decade.

Point is, for my money, you have to look for the BPA at LB, TE, CB, OL first. Just me though.