• Sam Acho
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer Wilson, Ayers, Reed or Rudolph. Sure bowers is great value, but we have too many holes to fill. Drafting bowers would give us Dareus, williams, carrington, troupe, Edwards and bowers (and Spencer Johnson if he's retained). Considering we're trying to play a 3-4, that's just overkill IMO. Maybe we should have drafted green #3 afterall, considering bowers could be available at 34. I'm not a fan of bowers and his injury, but he's a great talent at this point. I can see the pats taking him, if they don't trade down, again.

I love that Bowers is available and would be perfectly happy if we selected him. But I agree that with Dareus, Williams, Carrington, and Troup, that we are set on the defensive line and have invested heavily enough there the last two years (1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks). Interestingly, with concerns about his durability and career length, Bowers would be a nice situational player to provide pass rush. He would be a great pick for a team that is pretty solidly established as a high-end, ultra-talented situational player.

Bowers could also be a grand slam home run for any team taking a chance on him if he can prove the concerns about his health to be unwarranted.

Bowers is definitely the most interesting player left out there…along with Ryan Mallett who I don't want.

As for who I do want. I want a pass rushing linebacker like Jabaal Sheard (although his character issues have hurt his stock) or Brooks Reed.

I wouldn't hate Martez Wilson who I like better than Ayers or Sheppard.

I also think the Bills really have to consider Colin Kaepernick. He had a great college career, has zero character issues, ran the 40 faster than Cam Newton and threw a higher number on the radar gun (at the combine) than did Ryan Mallet.

So for me, Sheard, Reed, Kaepernick, Bowers.

I would hope for another linebacker (Wilson, Sheppard) or TE (Luke Stocker) in the 3rd round.

Wilson. We added to front line when our real weakness was LB. Get him in there competing for a starting position. Hea not miller but he does project out at #2 lb on most boards. Getting #1 dt and #2 lb w/o making a trade is pretty impressive.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

At this point, I'm more than happy with the Bills just piling on talent to the defensive front 7. I'd prefer a pass rusher over an ILB, so Houston/Ayers would be my guys, but I admittedly do not know much about them so I can't really make a preference ( I just know they are well regarded OLBs). If the Bills go QB, I think they have to take a chance on Mallett. I was down on the guy as a 1st round pick, but many people are saying that he could turn out to be quite the steal. The drugs stuff doesn't bother me at all, neither do the concerns about his football IQ. My concern with him is his work ethic. How bad he wants it. But almost everyone made it clear that he has the best arm in the draft. Not just in terms of strength, but also in terms of accuracy. That says a lot to me, what can be more important than that? I also worry less about his statue like presence, so long as he can get protection, I imagine he could do some damage. FWIW, I've heard that certain scouts are saying that he is in the same mold as Bledsoe, but with a higher ceiling.

Despite what we view as common sense, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills do something unexpected here. Maybe Rudolph or a O-lineman.

Wilsons not big but he's a banger. He and moats could really light up the opposition while merriman works on his website and Mohawk

It's funny comparing impressions of players.

I watched a few of Martez Wilson's games and he didn't appear to be overly physical.

Like with Ayers, I was impressed with his athleticism…but not his physicality.

Not saying I'm right…just my impression.