Round 2 (Pick #34): CB Aaron Williams - University of Texas

SDS

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could be the next Yabouty. Pitiful when Dalton is sitting there are you know Cinn been trying to mov eup tio draft him for 2 days. Just talk to Cinn and flip flop pix? No, we draft another f'n DB!

So Dalton is a sure fire franchise QB? :rolleyes:

Dalton wouldve been just as big of a risk as Williams.

Whatever, if this staff thinks that the missing link to beating New England on their way to enough wins to compete in the AFC East is to draft a nickel back that will make an immediate impact this year and next, then great. This means that the Bills will improve this year and next to reach above .500 which is what it will take before the next coaching staff comes in and washes, rinses and repeats... :wallbash: (hint: the Bills change coaching staffs every three years...2000-present: no playoffs) :unsure:

Hey, LGB, while you're living in the past, could you stop by Rootie's Pump Room and pick me up a bucket of wings, xtra hot? Thanks!

Moses' brother was named Aaron. ;)

And Aaron helped his brother Moses (the Hebrew word for Dareus, btw) lead his people to the promised land!

Can I get an amen from the congregation!

GO BILLS!!!

So Dalton is a sure fire franchise QB? :rolleyes:

Dalton wouldve been just as big of a risk as Williams.

100% agree. Dalton was a winner in college and a smart kid for sure, but questions surrounded his arm strength and that's no good playing qb in buffalo

The geezers won't be happy until the Bills spend all their draft picks one year on offensive linemen. Clueless.

LOL. I'll go ahead and make it more specific: only 325 lb guards and centers. Pass blocking offensive tackles are finesse players, after all.

PS- every player on the team should look like Logan Mankins.

Edited by dave mcbride

Ha ha. Pure luck on my part. I hope he's a good player. In the spirit of K-9, GO BILLS!!!

Sure, I gotcha. I know you gotta keep it on the downlow, NGU. I won't blow your cover.

GO BILLS!!!

And Aaron helped his brother Moses (the Hebrew word for Dareus, btw) lead his people to the promised land!

GO BILLS!!!

amen!

GO BILLS!!!

All we're missing now is Moses Malone. Too bad we only had him for three days (1977, IIRC)!

The geezers won't be happy until the Bills spend all their draft picks one year on offensive linemen. Clueless.

The last time the Bills' OL was where it needed to be, Jim Kelly was still taking snaps from Kent Hull. Wanting the OL addressed is perfectly legitimate. (Especially because the Bills don't have a RT.) Also, the Bills have had the habit of using lots of first round picks on DBs, and then letting those DBs go first-contract-and-out. That's a stupid way to run a football team; and fans are right to be displeased by it.

None of these things make Williams a bad pick at all. If he becomes a good starter at CB, and if he remains with the Bills for the vast majority of his career, he'll have been a fine pick.

Hey, LGB, while you're living in the past, could you stop by Rootie's Pump Room and pick me up a bucket of wings, xtra hot? Thanks!

I have been a bills fan for many decades...are you going to fault me for wanting to beat New England and compete in the AFC East?

How many other fans have made the annual trip to the New England game and not thought about what it will take to be competitive in the AFC East? :bag:

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously???

That's crazy if your not F'n with us.

It's legit unless youre reaching for players at a thin position Edwards. Sorry but the endless cacophony for linemen gets old around here. Dumping on Aaron Williams by dolts who probably never watched a longhorn game in their lives just because he plays corner is idiotic.

I have been a bills fan for many decades...are you going to fault me for wanting to beat New England and compete in the AFC East?

How many other fans have made the annual trip to the New England game and not thought about what it will take to be competitive in the AFC East? :bag:

How does a 1st round talent db not help you defend against brady and new englands passing attack. Again you clearly aren't thinking things through before you post.

If you look at how the Jets knocked off the Pats in the playoffs, they did it with a good pass rush, sure, but it was a pass rush that was aided by stellar secondary play. I remember watching that game and Brady was getting frustrated by having nowhere to throw the ball.

It's a team sport. I'm not wild about throwing more resources into the secondary, but sometimes you have to keep trying until you get it right.

If you look at how the Jets knocked off the Pats in the playoffs, they did it with a good pass rush, sure, but it was a pass rush that was aided by stellar secondary play. I remember watching that game and Brady was getting frustrated by having nowhere to throw the ball.

It's a team sport. I'm not wild about throwing more resources into the secondary, but sometimes you have to keep trying until you get it right.

Not to mention NE has drafted a 1st or 2nd round DB every year since 2007.

Not to mention NE has drafted a 1st or 2nd round DB every year since 2007.

Exactly. And NE didnt exactly hit home runs on all those DBs either. But that didnt mean they just gave up and took linemen going forward. They drafted high quality players and last year they took another high round CB and hit a home run.

Nope -- not faulting you at all for wanting to beat NE. We all want that. Badly. And the way to do it is to have enough talent to beat up/cover Brady's receivers for 3 seconds so he has no one to throw to in his prissy little system, and then one of our DL or LB can squish him.w00t.gif

Edited by Jon in Pasadena