The bills would have likely taken Gabbert

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as per usual, he is correct.

Actually the Bills did want to trade back into the first for a guy Denver drafted last year.

But you're right, it wasn't Tebow. :D

At the time I thought it was Demaryius Thomas, who Gailey had at Tech. Never thought it was Tebow, and Nix later denied the Tebow rumour.

I posted this during the draft and end though it would pop up again. I guess at this stage is doesn't matter but based on two articles and a Nix interview I listened to it appeared they would have taken Gabbert. Other reports made it sound like that was not the case, but I valued what I heard from Nix over what I read from other sources. I just wish there was a way to have taken Newton, Miller, and Dareus. I think all 3 will be very good and Miller and Dareus are very good now.

gabbert sucks

dunno if they report is based in truth or not

just happy we actually made a good first round draft pick for once

Wow, so now we declare draft winners and losers before the players even play a single regular season game? WAY too early to know what Gabbert will or will not turn into... and for all we know, Dareus could turn into the next Steve Emtman...

Lets revive this thread in about 3 years...

Wow, so now we declare draft winners and losers before the players even play a single regular season game? WAY too early to know what Gabbert will or will not turn into... and for all we know, Dareus could turn into the next Steve Emtman...

Lets revive this thread in about 3 years...

not gonna happen. Period. Dareus is the real deal, and I see nothing short of extreme injury holding this dude back.

gabbert sucks

dunno if they report is based in truth or not

just happy we actually made a good first round draft pick for once

i'm happy with dareus, but gabbert will be a top ten nfl quarterback. not this year and maybe not next year, but he has the stuff. strong, accurate, and tough.

one of us will be wrong and i doubt it's me. saying "he sucks" shows little football sense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/2011-nfl-draft

This was reported from an ESPN blog after a talk with Buddy Nix.

I am pretty sure NGU had said that the FO is indifferent between the top 3. Would have been Miller if not Dareus. And seeing how Miller has been playing the preseason, that would not have been a bad choice (though I like Dareus better).