Christian Ponder

Iam not an advocate of moving up, especially this year when it seems like we have more holes to fill than usual and free agency will start god knows (or judge Susan nelson)when.

But I am worried that the Bills are so enamored of Christian Ponder that they move back into the first round to get him, instead of waiting it out and hoping he falls to us. probably cost us our 2 and 3 or more.

What do you think? I'd wait it out and would be just as happy with Ayers or Phil Taylor or Sherrod or Maquez Wilson. Then look at Kaepernick in round 3.

Iam not an advocate of moving up, especially this year when it seems like we have more holes to fill than usual and free agency will start god knows (or judge Susan nelson)when.

But I am worried that the Bills are so enamored of Christian Ponder that they move back into the first round to get him, instead of waiting it out and hoping he falls to us. probably cost us our 2 and 3 or more.

What do you think? I'd wait it out and would be just as happy with Ayers or Phil Taylor or Sherrod or Maquez Wilson. Then look at Kaepernick in round 3.

They are saying Kaepernick will be the 4th quarterback off the board and some have him as high as #10. He won't be there in the 3rd, let along in the second for us.

Don't want him...let some team that runs a west coast offense draft him....not sold on him for the Bills!!!

Seems like this is similar to all the Tebow talk last year. If the Bills truly wanted Tebow last year and want Ponder this year, they'd have to be the dumbest front office in existence for letting that info become common knowledge.

IMO, the only QB in this draft who has franchise level ability is Newton. The rest of these guys look like mid round backup QB types. The reason why the Bills are in the position they are currently in right now is that they would pick mid level QBs too high in the draft in the hopes that they are smarter than everybody else (I.E. Losman, Edwards) and before you know it they have wasted six years on these shmucks.

If the Bills do pick Ponder either in the 2nd or trade up to the 1st, they'll be telling us fans that they still don't know what they are doing.

Let the other teams reach for these backup types which will push really good players to our picks in the top 100.

Taking a QB in the second round is fine with me but do not trade up. We need as many picks as we can get and give awaying spots just to ensure we get one second round level QB is not worth it.

I am not 100% sure if I was making the call i'd have a qb in round 2. I would look at an OT or possibly another defensive player even if we get Dareus in round 1. Gailey said they still do not know what they have in Levi Brown and with Gailey's qb experience wait until 3 or 4. I am not against trading up into 1 but has to be the right player, Ponder isn't.

i hope they dont trade up. we need every pick we have. scary thing is everyone knows the bills like him. not to hard to figure out tho. chan liked him at the senior bowl and he tried to recruit him from HS as well.

Take Ponder in the second if we want him. While i don't advocate us trading up, the terminology of a trade up is a pet peeve of mine.

If we trade our 2nd and 3rd to get a late 1st, we didn't "give up" a 2nd and 3rd. We only "gave up" a 3rd round pick to improve our second selection spot. We started with 3 picks, ended up with 2, so we only lost a net of 1 pick.

No onee's trading up into the first for Ponder.

When an "expert" puts Colin Kaepernick in his top ten, it's hard to figure what's going on anymore. In the past, the Bills have been "frightened" of not getting their guy and we ended up with J.P. losman and John McCargo. Hopefully, Buddy is smarter.

Much like Locker is Losman 2.0, Ponder is Edwards 2.0....average arm strength, throws a lot of underneath stuff, and doesn't go deep often. He worries me a bit.

Ponder is about as far from Edwards as you can get.

Buffalo has no business trading up for anybody. They historically get worked on these deals, and always reach for the wrong guy.

Smarten up, trade down, giving up some value or chart points, and get as many players as possible which are BPA.

:blink: