Leodis McKelvin told to go home...

Buftex

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as DeMaurice Smith said yesterday that there shouldn't be any worry about liability issues, there've gotta be insurance liability issues.

If a player gets hurt while training, then an injunction is granted while the owners' appeal is considered, then a team has themselves a headache.

There's also probably issues with staffing, as the Bills have reduced staff, and staff hours during the lockout. One day (for a tentative ruling) is not warning enough to have people back at OBD.

Man We Bills fans are a miserable lot aren't we!?!?!?

He did it for the money and incentives.

His agent told him to do so.

What about applause for Brandon potentially creating a legal issue as the lockout has legally been lifted but he turned away a player.

He's not a rocket scientist/CB.

What a bunch of whiny girls. I know western NY is gloomy but there is a bright side. Try looking at it sometimes. We don't get many opportunities.

So McKelvin shows up to work out for the next upcoming season and catches **** from TBD? Kudos to the kid for working out

Right. Thanks for someone having a clue and seeing that this is likely a good thing instead of assuming the worst or as usual taking shots.

You guys do realize that this is an edict from the NFL, don't you? Teams were instructed to not allow players to work out ro conduct football activities.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/nfl-in-chaos-as-players-league-seek-clarity-in-judges-ruling/1

Well since the NFL is a legal governing body I guess we should listen to them instead of the court system.

Make fun of his vocabulary and intelligence all you want. This kids wants to play. He showed up to work at the earliest available opportunity. We should be applauding his ethic not ripping his public speaking ability. *sheesh*...Bills fans.

Maybe we don't deserve a good franchise if all we do is tool on people.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with workout bonus' etc.

You guys do realize that this is an edict from the NFL, don't you? Teams were instructed to not allow players to work out ro conduct football activities.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/nfl-in-chaos-as-players-league-seek-clarity-in-judges-ruling/1

This puzzles me. The judge lifted the lockout but the NFL is enforcing it anyway? They have a league wide policy on this? Sounds like collusion to me.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with workout bonus' etc.

Some people are optimistic and see a young guy ready to go to work. Some people are pessimists and see nothing but some sort of real, imagined or speculated negativity. We all make a choice.

Edited by PDaDdy

What about applause for Brandon potentially creating a legal issue as the lockout has legally been lifted but he turned away a player.

What a bunch of whiny girls. I know western NY is gloomy but there is a bright side. Try looking at it sometimes. We don't get many opportunities.

Right. Thanks for someone having a clue and seeing that this is likely a good thing instead of assuming the worst or as usual taking shots.

Bud, Im all about keeping it positive and giving people the benefit of the doubt... But so far ALL sources indicate that players around the league are doing this KNOWING they will be turned away, so they can protect their rights down the line and say "I was there. I tried to work. They wouldnt let me".

Especially when the workout bonuses come into play. Most contracts have it stated in percentages. So if a team only has 8 workouts this year, and a guy shows up for 7, he is going to expect his bonus and the players are expecting the teams to try to get out of it.

It's all nice to think the McKelvin is showing up strictly because he eats, sleeps, and breathes football. But there are a NUMBER of factors going into this. Its all very grey. Its all legal posturing. Dont get too emotionally invested into any of it.

Some people are optimistic and see a young guy ready to go to work. Some people are pessimists and see nothing but some sort of real, imagined or speculated negativity. We all make a choice.

Now youre being ridiculous. Its not black or white like that. Its all of those reasons, but the only thing its accomplishing is the legal posturing.

This puzzles me. The judge lifted the lockout but the NFL is enforcing it anyway? They have a league wide policy on this? Sounds like collusion to me.

Most other franchises, from what I have heard throughout the day, are letting players in, but not to workout...most players are just showing up, letting it be known that they were there, and then leaving. One team (Panthers I think) told players that they gave the weight/training staff the day off...the owners are just stalling, hoping that there is a suspension of the judges' order, as they try to appeal it. What legal experts are saying (in other words, not the folks who post at TBD) is that the order from the judge is worded in a way that makes a reversal very unlikely. But, until they get their final answer, management is not going to let players participate in any "football activities". As far as I have heard, the Bills are the only team not allowing players in the building.

For those questioning McKelvins motives, let me ask, is it any different than managment dictating how much time a player sees on the field, to prevent him from getting performance based bonuses based on PT or some statistical bench-mark, set in his contract? That has been going on for years...

Edited by Buftex

I think people are having a little fun with the player (his inability to speak english or hold onto the football) and the idea of the situation (him being locked out of the building). I don't think anyone is seriously attacking Leodis for showing up to the facility this morning.

Since I know you are one of the major JP fans... Did Jason Peters also show up to work out over there in Philly?

Edited by prissythecat

Nope. And that's not a "that's not funny, its ignorant!" comment coming from some politically correct tight ass (though it is ignorant, and I am a politically correct tight ass). It's just objectively....not funny.

I mean, seriously, "guy can't even speak english". Like, fans who say that ****, make it less fun to root for the Bills. Because there is nothing sadder than being part of a fan base who deals with losing by going after their own players in ways that are beyond "he's bad at football" and go into things like "he's illiterate". Because, guess what, the jokes on you (us).

Well, I hope the latter portion of your post had nothing to do with what I found utterly hilarious about the whole ordeal. If it did, you completely missed the point. And even if it didn't, I'll trust my own instincts when it comes to humor, thank you. I'm sure there's some corner of the Internet that's desperate for a comedy critic. Best of luck, Mr. Ebert.

Bud, Im all about keeping it positive and giving people the benefit of the doubt... But so far ALL sources indicate that players around the league are doing this KNOWING they will be turned away, so they can protect their rights down the line and say "I was there. I tried to work. They wouldnt let me".

Especially when the workout bonuses come into play. Most contracts have it stated in percentages. So if a team only has 8 workouts this year, and a guy shows up for 7, he is going to expect his bonus and the players are expecting the teams to try to get out of it.

It's all nice to think the McKelvin is showing up strictly because he eats, sleeps, and breathes football. But there are a NUMBER of factors going into this. Its all very grey. Its all legal posturing. Dont get too emotionally invested into any of it.

Now youre being ridiculous. Its not black or white like that. Its all of those reasons, but the only thing its accomplishing is the legal posturing.

I guess you can look at it either way. I chose to look at it as a positive. You bring up a good point though in that there is no doubt legal posturing going on on both sides. We may never know if he showed up in his sweats with a gym bag ready to go or if he was just stopping by knowing that he wouldn't be let in.

I guess you can look at it either way. I chose to look at it as a positive. You bring up a good point though in that there is no doubt legal posturing going on on both sides. We may never know if he showed up in his sweats with a gym bag ready to go or if he was just stopping by knowing that he wouldn't be let in.

Jesus Christ. May be he just wanted to say hi. May be he left some diamond studs in his locker and was hoping to grab them. May be he wanted to take some pics. May be he wanted to use the office fax machine. May be he was out for a run and wanted to take a shower. May be he just misses the place. May be he misses Russ. WHO KNOWS!?