Leodis McKelvin told to go home...

Buftex

This puzzles me. The judge lifted the lockout but the NFL is enforcing it anyway? They have a league wide policy on this? Sounds like collusion to me.

From what i gather, if the lockout is lifted, the league would still need to establish the rules under which the next season will operate under. So even if the stay is not granted, free agency and the 2011 league year will not start immediately. Until this gets figured out, they don't want any football activities taking place.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Make fun of his vocabulary and intelligence all you want. This kids wants to play. He showed up to work at the earliest available opportunity. We should be applauding his ethic not ripping his public speaking ability. *sheesh*...Bills fans.

Maybe we don't deserve a good franchise if all we do is tool on people.

Maybe hes due a workout bonus???

You guys are brutal. Who cares what his intent was, he showed up. Now people bag on him for the way he speaks? If he makes a bad play and gets ripped for it, fine. But he didn't do anything wrong here.

Some people are so tough behind their computer monitor.

I 've been ragging on him about how he speaks for over 2 years now. Today is no different. His speech and football smarts appear related, don't you think? I just wish they would have told him to go home before the Monday night Pats game 2 years ago. His lawn cost me some dough.

You guys are brutal. Who cares what his intent was, he showed up. Now people bag on him for the way he speaks? If he makes a bad play and gets ripped for it, fine. But he didn't do anything wrong here.

Some people are so tough behind their computer monitor.

+100

Edited by PDaDdy

I may be in the minority here, but I think Leodis is a good player. Maybe part of the reason our pass D was so bad last year was because he was out most of the year. Yeah, the fumbled KO was bad. But all in all, he's a decent player.

This will be his 3rd year coming up I believe. I have been defending him to this point but the truth of the matter is rather obvious. Just because something may be true doesn't mean you have to yap about it and run a guy down. Anyhow. He is still learning to use his incredible physical gifts. His football "smarts" apparently need time to catch up. Hopefully this is the year.

For those questioning McKelvins motives, let me ask, is it any different than managment dictating how much time a player sees on the field, to prevent him from getting performance based bonuses based on PT or some statistical bench-mark, set in his contract? That has been going on for years...

I remember a handful of times that this organization bent over backward to get guys a bonus. The most recent being Fitzpatrick sitting out the last game of the year so he could preserve his completion % instead of lose it to a badweather game. Gailey et al. said it was to evaluate Brohm, and there was probably a little bit of "make sure Fitz doesn't have a major injury in a nothing game" ... but when Chris Brown interviewed Fitz before the game, there was a sheepish little grin. The FO wanted to kick a little bonus to show their appreciation. They've done this before to guys they think deserve it.

Any applause for Russ Hardball Brandon?

Shouldn't the CEO of the Bills have something better to do with his time at 8:30 in the morning two days before the draft than to be at the door to refuse entry to a second string CB?

Couldn't anybody do that? Nope. Not for our Bills. We need our CEO to do that :thumbdown:

I may be in the minority here, but I think Leodis is a good player. Maybe part of the reason our pass D was so bad last year was because he was out most of the year. Yeah, the fumbled KO was bad. But all in all, he's a decent player.

What is your definition of "most?" He played in all 16 games last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8788

I remember a handful of times that this organization bent over backward to get guys a bonus. The most recent being Fitzpatrick sitting out the last game of the year so he could preserve his completion % instead of lose it to a badweather game. Gailey et al. said it was to evaluate Brohm, and there was probably a little bit of "make sure Fitz doesn't have a major injury in a nothing game" ... but when Chris Brown interviewed Fitz before the game, there was a sheepish little grin. The FO wanted to kick a little bonus to show their appreciation. They've done this before to guys they think deserve it.

I wasn't necessarily talking exclusively about the Bills...I seem to recall both the Bengals and Jets, in recent years, being accused of this...