Mike Mayock NOT convinced Carolina takes Cam

Yes, the same Mike Mayock who predicted the Bills would take Donte Whitner, the same Mike Mayock who predicted the Jags would take Tyson Alualo(sp) when most fans had no idea who he was.

So, yes, I think he is a little connected.

Mayock says he's not convinced carolina takes Newton.

Interestingly enough, he doesnt even mention buffalo as a potential landing spot.

I disagree, but who knows. It should be interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f62749/article/panthers-in-tough-spot-dealing-with-top-pick-newton-hoopla?module=HP_cp2

Edited by Deep2Moulds46

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, let them pass and us too. He ain't worth it.

I agree completely. The Bills need to find someone with the "highest floor" possible. They

can't afford to completely whiff (again) swinging for the fences. A good solid starter with

upside is the target, IMHO. I don't want them to "gamble on greatness" with a guy who could

just as easily be out of the league in 3 years as be a star.

IF they must have a QB that high, I prefer Gabbert based on his reported intelligence and

work ethic. Add in that he had to read defenses (at least a bit more than Newton) and I

prefer him to Newton. Given my druthers though, I'd take Von Miller or Marcel Dareus

ahead of any of these QBs and I don't like any of the othe QBs in round or 3 except Colin

Kaepernick. I think Kaepernick has as much chance (or more) to be good as Newton.

If - for some bizarre reason - we reach Pick #3 and Newton and Dareus are still on the board, and this Front Office picks Newton, I think I'm going to $#!+ myself. It won't be pretty, and for that reason I'd recommend you all stay away from the North Country.

But if you start hearing warnings about E. coli contamination, don't come back to me with a lot of whining. You've been warned. Given this Front Office, I'd start boiling my drinking water and stocking up on chlorine tablets.

"Crippled Inside" - John Lennon

I think there must be something to Mayock omitting the Bills from this report entirely. I'm thinking there's something about Newton that has turned Nix off. Mayock makes it pretty clear that he doesn't see Newton at #3 as an option.

I'm not big on Newton or Gabbert. Newton would be the pick based on the fact that he has played better football last year. Gabbert is all hype I think he is the bust of the 1st round. He is a second round talent. Mallet will be better. With that being said I like the Von Miller pick. He has delivered over the years and reminds me of Biscuit. If not Miller, Cam Jordan should be the pick, a lot of teams have an eye on him. 2nd round should be a defensive pick as well.

If we do have free agency I would focus on a veteran back up QB.

I think there must be something to Mayock omitting the Bills from this report entirely. I'm thinking there's something about Newton that has turned Nix off. Mayock makes it pretty clear that he doesn't see Newton at #3 as an option.

He must have watched John Gruden talk to Cam...UMMM...UMMMM...UUMMMMM

Yes, the same Mike Mayock who predicted the Bills would take Donte Whitner, the same Mike Mayock who predicted the Jags would take Tyson Alualo(sp) when most fans had no idea who he was.

So, yes, I think he is a little connected.

Mayock says he's not convinced carolina takes Newton.

Interestingly enough, he doesnt even mention buffalo as a potential landing spot.

I disagree, but who knows. It should be interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f62749/article/panthers-in-tough-spot-dealing-with-top-pick-newton-hoopla?module=HP_cp2

Mayock has not been high on Newton since the get-go basically...He was getting frustrated at The Combine when it was Tim Tebow 2.0 times 1000 with Newton...At one point, I think it was on TE/O-Line Day, Mayock got noticeably upset on the set when Eisen kept steering the conversation towards Newton...Throughout this process Mayock has been critical of Newton, even having Jake Locker ahead of him on his Big Board up until a couple weeks ago...MM is MUCH higher on Gabbert as a Pro Prospect QB than Newton...And he has been consistently conservative when it comes to projecting Newton's future as an NFL Signal Caller...I promise you if Newtron goes #1 to Carolina he'll have a few choice words to say on Draft Night...Just seems to me he's not exactly on Team Cam... B-)

Nope, let them pass and us too. He ain't worth it.

amen

Did anyone watch Jon Gruden talk with Cam Newton on ESPN, and ask him questions about his play calling as QB at Auburn? Gruden asked him to call a play they ran at Auburn, he couldn't! because he never called the plays! They never huddled...he states their method was "simplistic = fast" all he did was look to the sideline where they held up a card with one number on it....that was the play call. The entire team would read the play and then run it. So when people say he was a one read and run QB ....they aren't kidding.

This kid is so far removed from ready to run a pro style offense in the NFL its not funny, he doesn't know the verbiage, he doesn't know how to call a play in the huddle, he doesn't know how to set protections, formations, routes, alerts! He doesn't even know the fundamentals of NFL play calling, never mind reading the different defensive reads

'Red right, A right stop, 322 scat, y stick line... a rip or ram call ...forget about it

The only way this kid plays right away is running a wildcat or pistol shotgun, I see him easily slipping to the Redskins at the 10th pick, even then I kind of doubt Shanny will draft a player that needs so much developmental work. If I'm the Redskins I'd take Ryan Mallett before Newton, at least he played in a pro style offense and has much less to learn, just get a wall of good blockers in front of him

http://sports.yahoo....scouting_report

""Negatives: Played in a simplified, run-first, dive-option read offense with very basic high-low reads. Worked exclusively out of the gun and was very quick to run at the first flash of coverage. Limited field vision — does not process the passing game. Inconsistent throwing mechanics with a flick delivery — generates all of his power from his upper-body strength and too often arms the ball. Streaky passer with spotty accuracy.""

""Was arrested in late November and charged with felony charges of burglary, larceny and intimidating a witness, informant or victim after stealing a laptop computer from a student's dorm room and throwing it out the window when police arrived at Newton's for questioning. Charges were dropped upon his completion of a pretrial diversion program. Reportedly transferred rather than face possible expulsion stemming from three incidents of academic cheating, including two as a sophomore when he put his name on someone else's paper and purchased a paper online, attempting to pass it off as his own work.""

Yea sure, draft him at #3 and give him 20 million dollars guaranteed...he can sit on the bench with McCargo, Maybin and Spiller

Edited by Harvey lives

I just laugh at how people predict which one of these guys is going to bust......did it ever occur to anyone that there might end up being SEVERAL solid QB's that come out of this draft.....

Someone above me said Newton is a 2nd round talent (if I am saying this wrong I apologize) well....so what? WHOEVER THE BILLS DRAFT IS GOING TO RIDE THE BENCH THE FIRST YEAR.....

What matters is what they will look like AFTER a year of sitting the bench learning the offense......

Newton - Fine

Gabbert - Fine

Mallett - Fine

Ponder - Fine

Dalton - Fine

Keaepernick - Fine

Lets just get one because we need a guy as the back up and to groom