If Andre Reed's tweet has teeth

bluenews

If our draft seriously goes Miller/Ponder, I may just become a UFL fan.

Any actual rational and logical thought behind that or are you just going to trot out your typical "Miller is too small" and "Ponder=Edwards" one-liners?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a Ponder guy...his girlfriend...WOW, but Ponder as a QB doesnt do much for me. Average arm with some duribility concerns, and mediocre on throws over 20 yards.

My feeling is this, if you want an elite Qb in this draft, take one. If not, right it out with Fitz and just build up the defense.

Taking a flier on an 2nd or 3rd round QB to me is wasting a pick that otherwise could be used to plug one of our many defensive holes.

Take a QB at 3 or ride '11 with Fitz.

The only problem with that is that the latest reports are that many teams are talking about trading up to the end of the first round to try to get Ponder. I doubt that Andre has any inside knowledge anyway. Obviously, Ponder played well at the Senior Bowl, so Chan undoubtedly has positive things to say about him. Doesn't mean they draft him. I just hope that if they are set on drafting Ponder that they don't freak out and waste picks to move up to get him.

I completely agree. Let's not go overboard for a marginally talented QB (Losman) and trade up, wasting additional draft picks. I really am scared that these guys are going to pull something boneheaded like that. Hope I'm wrong.

Still praying for a draft like this:

1. Miller / Dareus / Fairley / Newton (maybe)

2. Carimi / Ijalana / Clayborn / Ayers

If our draft seriously goes Miller/Ponder, I may just become a UFL fan.

I'm with you! I did pick Von Miller as the #3 pick in my mock..only because I think that is the route the Bills will go if Marcell Dareus is already gone, and no trade scenario unfolds! I don't prefer the pick as I want a run stuffer foremost, but I'm hoping that it works out and Miller's stats are duplicated at the NFL level. I worry about him being just a tad on the smallish side even though he is very strong.

The big concern to me is drafting Ponder. I am just not down with it even though I've been practically scolded for expressing my view(s). I know I've seen some of the NFL Draft magazines for 2011 and the player they most closely compare C. Ponder to is.............TRENT EDWARDS! This is not me making this up..it actually does say that and I have one of the issues that does..I can pass on that info if anyone doubts it.

Ponder is often injured and I credit him for playing through some of the injuries, but it's just his lack of pocket awareness that sometimes gets him creamed! (and injured..)

He has some ability, but I just don't want him! I will be upset if that's the way we go!

I'll take Kaepernick in the 2nd though!

Any actual rational and logical thought behind that or are you just going to trot out your typical "Miller is too small" and "Ponder=Edwards" one-liners?

Nope, that's about it.

Basically, I want to build a BIG, NASTY defense, and those two picks combined do nothing to get us closer. Now, I'm willing to be open to the Miller pick if we can go DL and big guys later on. It's only fair, as Ive suggested we take a QB in the first and big D the rest of the way.

It's simply that the combination of Miller AND Ponder as our net take from #3 and #34 overall seems... I dont know, like we left a lot of talent on the board.

I'm with you! I did pick Von Miller as the #3 pick in my mock..only because I think that is the route the Bills will go if Marcell Dareus is already gone, and no trade scenario unfolds! I don't prefer the pick as I want a run stuffer foremost, but I'm hoping that it works out and Miller's stats are duplicated at the NFL level. I worry about him being just a tad on the smallish side even though he is very strong.

The big concern to me is drafting Ponder. I am just not down with it even though I've been practically scolded for expressing my view(s). I know I've seen some of the NFL Draft magazines for 2011 and the player they most closely compare C. Ponder to is.............TRENT EDWARDS! This is not me making this up..it actually does say that and I have one of the issues that does..I can pass on that info if anyone doubts it.

Ponder is often injured and I credit him for playing through some of the injuries, but it's just his lack of pocket awareness that sometimes gets him creamed! (and injured..)

He has some ability, but I just don't want him! I will be upset if that's the way we go!

So would that be Trenative pre or post concussed. I thought Trentt had potential pre-concussion, the post well that was just garbage.

Nope, that's about it.

Basically, I want to build a BIG, NASTY defense, and those two picks combined do nothing to get us closer. Now, I'm willing to be open to the Miller pick if we can go DL and big guys later on. It's only fair, as Ive suggested we take a QB in the first and big D the rest of the way.

It's simply that the combination of Miller AND Ponder as our net take from #3 and #34 overall seems... I dont know, like we left a lot of talent on the board.

Alright, that makes more sense. I'd rather have some beef at #34 if we go Miller at #3 as well.

You serious with this? Being compared to Trent Edwards and actually turning out like him are two different things. Trent was actually a solid QB prospect and was actually performing well until the concussion. After that happened, he was a totally different QB for us. It's laughable how you want to avoid drafting Ponder because of who his NFL comparison was in some draft magazine. I mean seriously?

Do you even know how Ponder acquired his injuries? They were hardly from having a lack of pocket awareness which subsequently got him creamed and injured as you put it.

You serious with this? Being compared to Trent Edwards and actually turning out like him are two different things. Trent was actually a solid QB prospect and was actually performing well until the concussion. After that happened, he was a totally different QB for us. It's laughable how you want to avoid drafting Ponder because of who his NFL comparison was in some draft magazine. I mean seriously?

Do you even know how Ponder acquired his injuries? They were hardly from having a lack of pocket awareness which subsequently got him creamed and injured as you put it.

Amen. the amount of disinformation on Ponder is ridiculous.

The only problem with that is that the latest reports are that many teams are talking about trading up to the end of the first round to try to get Ponder. I doubt that Andre has any inside knowledge anyway. Obviously, Ponder played well at the Senior Bowl, so Chan undoubtedly has positive things to say about him. Doesn't mean they draft him. I just hope that if they are set on drafting Ponder that they don't freak out and waste picks to move up to get him.

Do you actually think there is any GM or person in power on any team anywhere in the NFL telling anyone about their desires to "trade up" to take Ponder?

Nope, that's about it.

Dank, you gotta check out Draftek. Credit to Astrobot. Its a lot of BIG NASTIES we can grab.

Yesterday, Andre Reed tweeted to Ponder that the Bills brass liked his style, and he deleted the tweet after he posted it.

"@cponder7 Lookin forward to calling your name Draft Day!!!!!!!!!Bills brash like ur style"

http://wgr550.com/Andre-Reed-Hints-Bills-Interest-in-QB/9034669?pid=45316

Dank, you gotta check out Draftek. Credit to Astrobot. Its a lot of BIG NASTIES we can grab.

Im sure there are a number of guys that will be available through round 3 or 4. My main worry is whether or not Buddy will do it. I guess if I go off of last year's draft, that is exactly what he did. Flashy talent up front, big nasties the rest of the way. Hopefully he'll follow that pattern again this year.

I like Ponder better then Dalton or any other of the late first second round QBs being mentioned...unfortunately I dont think he makes it to 34

Id rather they take one of the ILB's or DE's with pick #34 then a QB anyway

Edited by Max997