Nix and Modrak Address Media

If Nix and Gailey are truly high on Gabbert he will be the Pick...Period, end of story...They're not going to Draft any Defensive Player ahead of a QB they think will be a Franchise guy in a year or two...

If the Bills pass on Gabbert, they simply don't think he's going to be a Franchise guy...Assuming Newton and Dareus are gone, if Miller is the pick, we'll all know exactly what they really think about Gabbert... B-)

Absolutely correct. I'm surprised more here don't understand this principle. If either Gabbert or Newton (or both) are available at 3 and the Bills have them rated as a franchise guy, they're the pick.

Great post.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Nix wants Cinci or Arizona to think he's really high on Gabbert to get them to trade up for him?

I don't think that applies. If that's the case, they'd probably try and trade with Denver. I find it hard to believe Denver would decline an offer to move down to 4 or 5 and get am additional 2nd and maybe more.

Absolutely correct. I'm surprised more here don't understand this principle. If either Gabbert or Newton (or both) are available at 3 and the Bills have them rated as a franchise guy, they're the pick.

Great post.

100%

You guys are funny with all this smokescreen nonsense to trick other GMs.

Do you seriously think for one minute that any GM is going to pay attention to anything another GM says to the press now?

They are all full of **** and are not going to say anything that will give away who they want. The only people paying attention to what Nix or any other GM is saying to the press is you.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm starting to get the feeling Nix really likes Gabbert. Think he might be the pick. I just don't see him as being a can't miss franchise guy. But I trust Buddy and Gailey is great with QB's. You don't want to draft this high ever again

Cam would be their choice, if they go QB. He is higher on their board...

:lol:

Why? Both WR and CB positions are a dime a dozen... And as you know the past decade we drafted both positions alot. Time to go Big or go home for this team...

However, given Gailey's past record of actions and also past success my guess is that the waiver wire once the game comes back is a more likely place for the Bills to go QB shopping than the draft.

I'm not so sure the past is a good indicator in this case. Dallas and Pittsburgh had no need at QB, Miami had no first round pick in 2000, and the Chiefs would've needed to pick Joe Flacco at 5 in '08, a pick that would've been considered a gigantic reach at the time. And last year, of course, they seemed to think they could fix Trent Edwards, so their interest in a QB probably wasn't that high at the time.

I'm not so sure the past is a good indicator in this case. Dallas and Pittsburgh had no need at QB, Miami had no first round pick in 2000, and the Chiefs would've needed to pick Joe Flacco at 5 in '08, a pick that would've been considered a gigantic reach at the time. And last year, of course, they seemed to think they could fix Trent Edwards, so their interest in a QB probably wasn't that high at the time.

Also, the OC, rarely gets to dictate drafting a qb. He has to do his best with what he's given. Sure he can say what he'd like, but that doesn't mean he's getting anything. If I remember correct most of those were inherited not sought out.

Edited by NoSaint

Also, the OC, rarely gets to dictate drafting a qb. He has to do his best with what he's given. Sure he can say what he'd like, but that doesn't mean he's getting anything. If I remember correct mist of those were inherited not sought out.

Agreed. That's another hole in 'past as an indicator' theory.

In reality, this is the first time that everything has really aligned for his team to pick a QB high. He's in a position of strong influence on the pick, his team has an apparent need, and they have a realistic shot at a top tier QB prospect.

Agreed. That's another hole in 'past as an indicator' theory.

In reality, this is the first time that everything has really aligned for his team to pick a QB high. He's in a position of strong influence on the pick, his team has an apparent need, and they have a realistic shot at a top tier QB prospect.

Exactly...

Like I said above it's REAL simple...IF Gailey and Nix feel Gabbert is a Franchise guy it's a no-brainer Pick for them...They'll be up there with that card in half-a-heartbeat... B-)

Thanks, Beerball. The interesting statement to me is that Nix said stopping the run is more important than rushing the passer.

Interesting because that eliminates DEs and OLBs who are small eg Miller

I would guess their 3 names are, in order: Newton, Gabbert, Dareus. Bet on one of those.

My guess is newton dareus miller. The d and c had an article where nix said he has 3 players they like and 1 will def be there (miller imo) but I would love and not be suprised if dareus is higher on their board.