Nix and Modrak Address Media

Via Twitter:

JoeB_WGR On trading down, Nix: I wouldn't rule out anything, but there will be a guy there (at 3) that we really want.

Buffalo Bills BN on possibletrade 'It’d be determined by how far down u move. I wouldn’t rule out anything. They’ll be a guy there we really want I think'

JoeB_WGR Buddy Nix says it could be a record number of QBs taken in the 1st round this year.

JoeB_WGR Nix on having too much $ invested in OLB and whether or not it affects the draft, says he doesn't think it makes any difference. Hello, Von.

http://twitter.com/buffalobills

http://twitter.com/JoeB_WGR

Live Stream

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Via Twitter:

JoeB_WGR On trading down, Nix: I wouldn't rule out anything, but there will be a guy there (at 3) that we really want.

Buffalo Bills BN on possibletrade 'It’d be determined by how far down u move. I wouldn’t rule out anything. They’ll be a guy there we really want I think'

JoeB_WGR Buddy Nix says it could be a record number of QBs taken in the 1st round this year.

JoeB_WGR Nix on having too much $ invested in OLB and whether or not it affects the draft, says he doesn't think it makes any difference. Hello, Von.

http://twitter.com/buffalobills

http://twitter.com/JoeB_WGR

Live Stream

Nix said he finds it more important to stop the run then rush the passer

I'm starting to get the feeling Nix really likes Gabbert. Think he might be the pick. I just don't see him as being a can't miss franchise guy. But I trust Buddy and Gailey is great with QB's. You don't want to draft this high ever again

Maybe Nix wants Cinci or Arizona to think he's really high on Gabbert to get them to trade up for him?

I'm starting to get the feeling Nix really likes Gabbert. Think he might be the pick. I just don't see him as being a can't miss franchise guy. But I trust Buddy and Gailey is great with QB's. You don't want to draft this high ever again

Also found it interesting that Modrak basically said what Mike Mayock said the other day about Gabbert's numbers this past Season...Modrak hinted in a nice way that Gabbert did not get much help this past year...Mayock was less kind to his Missouri teammates... B-)

Also found it interesting that Modrak basically said what Mike Mayock said the other day about Gabbert's numbers this past Season...Modrak hinted in a nice way that Gabbert did not get much help this past year...Mayock was less kind to his Missouri teammates... B-)

Which is true. Gabbert had very little around him to work with.

They might like Gabbert, but I don't think they will take him at #3. Maybe if they traded down... Just my intuition. If it's not Newton they go defense.

They might like Gabbert, but I don't think they will take him at #3. Maybe if they traded down... Just my intuition. If it's not Newton they go defense.

I don't think Arizona will go QB in round #1 UNLESS Gabbert is there...That's pretty much what Kurt Warner said last night on NFL Network...And I'm guessing he's got a little insight into that situation...So if The Bills want Gabbert they're probably going to sit and take him at #3... B-)

i guess thats probably better than him saying he doesnt like anyone at 3?

its terrible how we hang on every word, but its really getting to the point where there is no chance at getting a read on them. any guess that gets it right, would be luck and just playing the odds a little - not that the bills will be telegraphing the pick somehow.

Thing is, there is a lot of smoke blown this time of year. The Bills are holding a good hand at 3. They need to play the bluff as well as the cards. We'll see what happens in 10 days.

I thought the comment about many qb's going in the 1st sounds like smoke and mirrors.

what on earth is he thinking? This crop of quarterbacks is pretty slim by most people I've heard. Three in the first round would be my bet. I can't imagine these guys are going to let slip what they are planning to do or what they are hoping to do, and I think that is the best approach.

You can learn a lot from an NFL GM 9 days before the draft.

I just hope that whatever he says at this point is a lie. I think the important thing here is to fool the other teams. I could not care less than if what it takes for him to fool draft opponents causes him to lie to me.

Thing is, there is a lot of smoke blown this time of year. The Bills are holding a good hand at 3. They need to play the bluff as well as the cards. We'll see what happens in 10 days.

I dont think Nix is all that into the whole mind games of draft day. Last year he said he wanted a small scatback. And we got Spiller.