Big Reason for Streak

JohninMinn.

A keen insight wasn't it? Lots of guys can run it's the little things was my point....

161733[/snapback]

I know. I 'got it'. Seeing someone able to pick up the blitz and, more importantly, being able to get through the line of scrimmage (even when there's no chasm to run through) is nice. I like Travis a lot, I just wish he had a few of those 'little things', as you say.

So far from what I have seen this is what makes Magehee great

- Never say die attitude

- Not just the speed but also the PATIENCE to allow things to develop in front of him

- The common sense to know whey they aren't going to and plow ahead for positive yards

- He is really economical...it seems to me that he squeezes every possible yard out of a run......given his current physical status. Next year I expect him to squeeze out much more when he gets his burst back

- He is very good for a rookie pass protector

- He can catch....and makes the most out of screen plays

Did I miss anything?

I would love for someone to prove to me why this is true...

161891[/snapback]

maybe because as soon as Willis went in, we actually saw a RB block for once, and it added to Drew's protection, and confidence. You can't really prove pass protection with stats.

Um Willis has helped but he isn't the sole reason. The main reason why the Bills have winning is the Offensive line. They are starting to gel nicely. Bledsoe has time to throw, Willis has room to run. When this happens it opens everything else up on the offense. Defenses cannot blitz every down otherwise they can get burnt.

Don't forget Lee Evans. Defenses have to be afraid of this kid.

Um Willis has helped but he isn't the sole reason.  The main reason why the Bills have winning is the Offensive line.  They are starting to gel nicely.  Bledsoe has time to throw,  Willis has room to run.   When this happens it opens everything else up on the offense.  Defenses cannot blitz every down otherwise they can get burnt. 

Don't forget Lee Evans.  Defenses have to be afraid of this kid.

161923[/snapback]

you are correct, he is only part of it, but it seems WAAAAY too coincidental that almost instantaneous with his arrival came wins. Maybe it was coincidence that the line just started to gel the minute he was the starter. Maybe Lee Evans ate his Wheaties the morning that Willis started and hasn't looked back to Fruity Pebbles since. Maybe Bledsoe just all the sudden got good again. ... Maybe, and maybe if i play with it enough, it will grow to 12"....

Somehow Henry and the OL started on the wrong foot and ended up not giving us

a running game. Once our running game was stalled, the opponent Ds

started squaring on the DB. DB made mistakes and couldn't handle the

pressure and made quite a few lousy decisions that cost us games.

Once the OL sorted out its starters (from Pucillo to Smith to Tucker)

and WM came in and gave the spark, it allowed DB the extra time to

look for his receivers downfield. This allowed Ds to back off and

respect both the running and passing game.

Once the Offense started establishing itself and putting points on the

board the defense having to spend lesser time on the field was able

to attack more and get more turnovers and shorten the field for the

offense to score TDs instead of field goals....

Bottom line, the OL needed to gel, find the players from the

pretenders and the coaching staff took 1/2 the season for the players

to buy into their system.

The fact that Bledsoe has thrown a bunch of interceptions or fumbles

the last few games and we have still won inspite of that shows that

this teams confidence is at an all time high.