Jamarcus Russel's life coach: says "I give up!"

What, exactly, is the "sad" part? He's a slacker who parlayed on fair college season into a stupid move by a crazy NFL owner.

He's done with football--it made him insanely rich. What should a 25 year old multimillionaire be motivated to do? He doesn't care. He stopped paying his mortgage. So what?

$31 million is a lot of purple drank. Enjoy you useless, fat, lazy, waste of a draft pick. JeMarcus should be example number one for owners to implement a rookie salary cap

Glad this wasn't on us.

What do you call Mike Williams and Aaron Maybin?

You really have to appreciate the recent elite NFL QBs like Brady, Manning, Brees and Warner. First you have to have the arm strength and accuracy, then you have to have the ability to read NFL defenses, then you have to have the ability to make quick split second decisions under fire, then you have to have the work ethic to put in the hours upon hours in the film room and the workouts, then you have to have the extreme desire to be a winner.

This is why taking a potential franchise QB in the first round is such a gamble. Because it's so rare that a guy has all these attributes.

Here's to hoping a guy like Kaepernick is there in the third round (or in the 2nd if the Bills get two after a trade out of #3 overall). I want the guy learning under Fitzpatrick to earn everything he gets without it costing us such a high pick.

You really have to appreciate the recent elite NFL QBs like Brady, Manning, Brees and Warner. First you have to have the arm strength and accuracy, then you have to have the ability to read NFL defenses, then you have to have the ability to make quick split second decisions under fire, then you have to have the work ethic to put in the hours upon hours in the film room and the workouts, then you have to have the extreme desire to be a winner.

This is why taking a potential franchise QB in the first round is such a gamble. Because it's so rare that a guy has all these attributes.

Here's to hoping a guy like Kaepernick is there in the third round (or in the 2nd if the Bills get two after a trade out of #3 overall). I want the guy learning under Fitzpatrick to earn everything he gets without it costing us such a high pick.

Why is it worse to blow a first rounder on a QB than a RB or a CB?

Why is it worse to blow a first rounder on a QB than a RB or a CB?

Because the team sets in motion about a four year development and dedication plan that revolves around that one player. It's not like the other positions where you generally know right away and can either bench or cut him without question.

You might add draft "guru" Mayock's draft assessment to Russell's tombstone: "Mayock: JaMarcus Russell's ceiling is as high as any quarterback I have seen coming out of college since John Elway."

I don't remember Mayock saying that...not to doubt the accuracy of your quote...he probably did say that, but I also remember Mayock stating before the draft that year that he wouldn't touch Russell if he was an owner because he felt he didn't have the commitment to the game, which turned out spot on. If you piece all that together, he was saying: potential, yes...commitment no...so stay away from this guy. I don't think anybody could argue that summary.

What, exactly, is the "sad" part? He's a slacker who parlayed on fair college season into a stupid move by a crazy NFL owner.

He's done with football--it made him insanely rich. What should a 25 year old multimillionaire be motivated to do? He doesn't care. He stopped paying his mortgage. So what?

Agreed, what the hell is so sad about. So the kid does not like to play football. Big deal. He cash in & now he wants to enjoy life. I applaud him for it actually. If he is smart he will never have to work another day in his life at the ripe old age of 25.

You might add draft "guru" Mayock's draft assessment to Russell's tombstone: "Mayock: JaMarcus Russell's ceiling is as high as any quarterback I have seen coming out of college since John Elway."

That was McShay's quote, not Mayock.

PTR

Agreed, what the hell is so sad about. So the kid does not like to play football. Big deal. He cash in & now he wants to enjoy life. I applaud him for it actually. If he is smart he will never have to work another day in his life at the ripe old age of 25.

applaud him for what?

being a pillar for society?

That was McShay's quote, not Mayock.

PTR

Nope.

Form SI.com interview:

The Top 5 On His Draftboard

Kiper: Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn.

Mayock: Calvin Johnson, JaMarcus Russell, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, LaRon Landry.

Bold 2007 Prediction

Kiper: A guy who I think could be defensive rookie of the year is [defensive end] Anthony Spencer of Purdue. He'll probably be a late first-round or early second-round pick.

Mayock: JaMarcus Russell's ceiling is as high as any quarterback I have seen coming out of college since John Elway.

Maybe if Russell's life coach could hang in there a bit, he could teach him how to become rich & retire early. Oh wait....

I know one thing, if I had a cool 31 mil & someone wanted to be my life coach, I would tell him to kiss off. Furthermore, it appears the life coach is a quitter. I think the life coach needs a life coach.

applaud him for what?

being a pillar for society?

No, for winning the lottery! For getting away with it! For being a total ass clown and having someone weirdly stupider than he is PAY him TONS of money for doing NOTHING. You can be critical of Russell, and you should be, but don't pretend for a minute that you - and everyone on this board - doesn't dream of some idiot with a lot of money tossing a crapload of it YOUR way for being Homer Simpson. To deny this sentiment is being dishonest with yourself.

And Jamarcus Russell got away with it. Lucky bastard.

"That thing you do" - The Wonders