Congrats Terry Pegula

Congrats to Terry Pegula for winning his first ever Playoffs game as Sabres owner, I know it`s only 1 win, but i feel like the Sabres are heading in the right direction. It all starts at the top fella`s, and it just seems like whatever T Peg touches turns into GOLD. It feels good to know that we have an owner now that is just as passionate about our team as we are.

I hope he buys the Bills, if he does, he can become a legend in Buffalo. The man just knows the core values of running a professional sports franchise and that`s scouting and building threw the draft, and he is not afraid to spend some money. Everything first class, players love that. Like he said during his presser (I want players to want to come play in Buffalo). I don`t think Ralph has ever said that. Bottom line is that Ralphie runs the team like a business. Wilson, Littmann and Overdorf are the crypt keepers. Make no mistake about it, they have sucked the Bills nation dry for years. Pegula would of never let Polian go..

So Thank you Pegula for buying the Sabres and good luck making the city of Buffalo a place for Champions...

1 word for you sir - premature.

No one has won anything yet, and all but one of these current sabres were on the team BEFORE Pegula took ownership.

Yeah and they sucked until they knew Terry was taking over. When an owner says he will do whatever it takes to win the Stanely Cup that changes the whole mindset and attitude of the players giving them the confidence that anything is possible and they just might go all the way the way they have been playing.

Don't get your hopes up, guys...

FLYERS, BABY!!!!! :w00t:

Flyers going down in FIVE BABY!!!

Yeah and they sucked until they knew Terry was taking over. When an owner says he will do whatever it takes to win the Stanely Cup that changes the whole mindset and attitude of the players giving them the confidence that anything is possible and they just might go all the way the way they have been playing.

:P

Congrats to Terry Pegula for winning his first ever Playoffs game as Sabres owner, I know it`s only 1 win, but i feel like the Sabres are heading in the right direction. It all starts at the top fella`s, and it just seems like whatever T Peg touches turns into GOLD. It feels good to know that we have an owner now that is just as passionate about our team as we are.

I hope he buys the Bills, if he does, he can become a legend in Buffalo. The man just knows the core values of running a professional sports franchise and that`s scouting and building threw the draft, and he is not afraid to spend some money. Everything first class, players love that. Like he said during his presser (I want players to want to come play in Buffalo). I don`t think Ralph has ever said that. Bottom line is that Ralphie runs the team like a business. Wilson, Littmann and Overdorf are the crypt keepers. Make no mistake about it, they have sucked the Bills nation dry for years. Pegula would of never let Polian go..

So Thank you Pegula for buying the Sabres and good luck making the city of Buffalo a place for Champions...

I agree with your conclusion. I disagree with your reasons for making that conclusion.

I do not think it is premature to assume/hope that the Pegula attitude makes a difference for this team.

What last night's game showed is simply how close the margin between winning and losing are. A 1-0 nothing game simply does not get any closer. A bunch of critical performances like Miller being absolutely perfect in results in the net and Kaleta being a game time decision by Lindy to start simply proved in real life results to be a game winning decision.

While it is premature to call the series over, winning this game by the tightest of possible margins should not be ignored (unless the Flyers redouble their efforts one does not want to think about what losing your first two games at home does to one's chances in a seven game series and it will be an interesting and significant test to see if the Sabres can stick a fork in them on Saturday.

However, the reasoning stated to get this conclusion that Pegula had shown how to build a team through the draft speaks for itself as sound thinking based in reality.

It is the ultimate in what I refer to as fact-free thinking though I agree with the conclusion reached. Even a completely broken clock is right on target twice a day.

1 word for you sir - premature.

No one has won anything yet, and all but one of these current sabres were on the team BEFORE Pegula took ownership.

PREMATURE? The guy said I know its only one game! I hate those negative people, come on dude!!!!!

Where's that "!@#$ you" smiley when you need it?

LOL

Ryan Miller can't stand on his head forever :)

I was really hoping the seedings would change a bit so my Flyers didn't have to stomp on the hopes of so many of my fellow Bills fans...but that's not within my control, unfortunately. :devil:

Great win! Tyler Myers was a beast out there. Future Norris winner potential there! :worthy:

LOL

Ryan Miller can't stand on his head forever :)

I was really hoping the seedings would change a bit so my Flyers didn't have to stomp on the hopes of so many of my fellow Bills fans...but that's not within my control, unfortunately. :devil:

Stand on his head? He didn't face that many tough shots. Heck, your vaunted offensive players didn't even create a decent chance on the 5-3. Buffalo's young--and banged up-- defense is handling the Flyers :thumbsup:

I agree that Pegula has been an awesome owner so far. For me, anything that happens positively in the playoffs is gravy. I didn't even expect this team to be in the playoffs in January. I am excited about the future b/c Pegula is putting things in place for Buffalo to be the ultimate hockey destination for draftees, free agents, scouts, etc... SO if they do well in the 2011 playoffs I'm thrilled, but I am even more excited about the future with this ownership in place.

Congrats Buffalo! I do not follow hockey, but for the sake of you fans, I'm happy to hear the Sabres are on the right track. Buffalo is a great place and lord knows you're overdue.

I guess I'll have to tune in for the next game. But how am I to explain to my buddies that I can't go fishin because I'm watching hockey? Nevermind - that will never happen.

Here's to Buffalo :beer: here's to the Sabres :beer: here's to you hardcore mutha- :censored: -in Bills Fans :beer::beer:

Happy Friday yall, Go Sabres!

Edited by Buffalokie

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

While Pegs is a dream owner, the team battled back from worst in the NHL in December, to 10th in the Eastern Conference before Pegs took over (including a 3-game swoon right before he was announced as the new owner against Atlanta). There were no major moves made (they added Boyes, who they would have added anyway), and the improvement has been keyed by good play from the younger players as well as Miller playing better.

Pegs' influence will ideally be felt after the season, i.e. in FO and player moves. But spending money doesn't ensure success. I'm just happy that the team will be in Buffalo for the remainder of my lifetime.

:thumbsup: