SF Giants

bills_fan

Not sure if the incident at Dodger stadium made national news or not, but the Giants are also paying for the entirety of the medical bills for their fan who was nearly beaten to death by two thugs outside of Dodger stadium last weekend.

Meanwhile, Frank McCourt does nothing. :wallbash:

Not sure if the incident at Dodger stadium made national news or not, but the Giants are also paying for the entirety of the medical bills for their fan who was nearly beaten to death by two thugs outside of Dodger stadium last weekend.

It did, but this is the first I heard about them paying his bills. Is he out of the coma yet?

It did, but this is the first I heard about them paying his bills. Is he out of the coma yet?

Not yet (that I know of). After the incident not only did the giant pick up the medical bills (it didn't even happen in their park!) but they also put up 50k into the reward pool. The city of LA put in 50k as well. A private business matched that. The dodgers? 25k ...

McCourt came out today and had a press conference but whatever. Too little too late for me. He was in hiding because he didn't want to answer questions about the divorce. Good grief.

It's a medically induced coma, so it's not a matter of him coming out of it, but when they want him to come out of it.

When I would read this story, I'd read the comments saying it was a gang thing. Of course, those comments are all about race, so I'm not sure if it was. Anyone hear anything on that?

It's a medically induced coma, so it's not a matter of him coming out of it, but when they want him to come out of it.

When I would read this story, I'd read the comments saying it was a gang thing. Of course, those comments are all about race, so I'm not sure if it was. Anyone hear anything on that?

I heard nothing about it being gang related. The guy is an EMT and they interviewed a guy he worked with and he said everyone loves him. Not that EMTs can't be in a gang but it's unlikely.

I heard nothing about it being gang related. The guy is an EMT and they interviewed a guy he worked with and he said everyone loves him. Not that EMTs can't be in a gang but it's unlikely.

It wasn't him that was in a gang, from what I was reading, but the guys who attacked him.....I guess Dodger caps, etc. are now the #1 gang thing to wear, overtaking the Raiders.

It wasn't him that was in a gang, from what I was reading, but the guys who attacked him.....I guess Dodger caps, etc. are now the #1 gang thing to wear, overtaking the Raiders.

Let's see. Dodger fans....gang members? Nooooooo.

They've been a great team to follow the past couple of years since moving here. Home opener tonight. :thumbsup:

I was just in Seattle for a week, went to the Mariners home opener against the Indians. Not a great game (especially for the home-town fans, 4th inning was a killer), but a gorgeous night...had a blast. First time I have ever been to an MLB home/season opener...would love to do it again.

I was just in Seattle for a week, went to the Mariners home opener against the Indians. Not a great game (especially for the home-town fans, 4th inning was a killer), but a gorgeous night...had a blast. First time I have ever been to an MLB home/season opener...would love to do it again.

Home openers are unique. I have only missed 2 of the last 10 of mine. The flyovers

bring chills to me each time.

Treating their chronically ill employees very well per this article. The players even voted him a full WS share. Good for the SF Giants!

World Class for the World Champs!!!

• 1 month later...

For you Giants fans, or baseball fans in general, it looks like Showtime is giving MLB the "Hard Knocks" treatment, with a new show called "The Franchise", featuring the San Francisco Giants. I guess there was a premiere episode around opening day, but the show will start airing regularly, on Wednesdays, starting July 13th. Saw a preview, looks pretty good...Brian Wilson is pretty funny...that beard!

Whatever the motives, it is a classy move by Bonds. Lets' face it, he could use some good PR. I still think he is getting way more **** than he should be, in comparison to other guys from his "era".

Without a doubt. He was surly to sports reporters and they're the ones that frame the public perception. Steve Carlton simply didn't speak to reporters, so they left him off the All-Century Team.

Without a doubt. He was surly to sports reporters and they're the ones that frame the public perception. Steve Carlton simply didn't speak to reporters, so they left him off the All-Century Team.

Don't care who/what/when/where in this case, a very nice thing to do. He was a surly player, not decent to fans, teammates or the media really, but he's getting well above the lion's share of crap from steroids.

Don't care who/what/when/where in this case, a very nice thing to do. He was a surly player, not decent to fans, teammates or the media really, but he's getting well above the lion's share of crap from steroids.

It is a shame that Bonds did'nt show this side during his playing days.

Bonds gets more grief from reporters, because he was more confrontational, and defiant when it came to dealing with them.

It ain't right, but he that is the way it works, particularly in baseball it seems, so you could say, beyond just juicing, he brang a lot of the scrutiny that he is on, upon himself.

• 2 months later...