Ralph Wilson's health?

It can happen and I have seen it. 92 is very old indeed but some men can maintain all faculties right to the end.

Take care of your body and your mind. Take care of others and they will take care of you. Don't drink too much, don't do drugs. Eat well, exercise you body and your brian every single day, and sleep well. Do things that make you happy. Be with people that make you happy.

Genetics play a huge role in how long you live but if you do the things above and you will live well for whatever time you have. Ralph is actually a guy that gets it. Sure he has money for great health care but he is still spry and functional for these reasons.

The younger we are the more tendency we have to think that the aged are not competent. As you age you see that it is possible to age with vitality and that process starts the moment you realize it.

Yep.

It's a case of picking your ancestors carefully (ha ha), stimulating your body and mind with exercise (crosswords, sudoku, new learning subjects, etc). Eat fish a couple of times a week and remember those leafy greens! Like I wrote above, my grandfather and many of his side of the family reached into their 90s and 100s, without losing it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that kale, chard and other leafy greens were a staple in their diets. My grandfather grew kale in his victory garden (he was a farmer) every year. I do the same in my own victory garden and freezer storage. Several years ago, this was correlated by scientists and is a part of the new food pyramid. They also ate a lot of garlic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is also what I remember, but I could be wrong. Once again, history being rewritten.

That's 100% true. Of note on the subject, the owners voted like 20-30 mins after the proposal was received, and most acknowledged at the time they had gotten their butts kicked, they just wanted to avoid a stoppage at the time and get back to the table ASAP.

If Pegula buys the Bills he will have less than 3 billion in the bank.He'll have to get a part time job.

I can give the guy a job if he needs one!

All kidding aside, he'd still be worth over $4 billion if he bought the Bills. Just won't all be liquid. The money he spends buying the Bills is like money in the bank. He can always cash out later.

I can give the guy a job if he needs one!

All kidding aside, he'd still be worth over $4 billion if he bought the Bills. Just won't all be liquid. The money he spends buying the Bills is like money in the bank. He can always cash out later.

If you spend a billion to buy a billion dollar asset, your net worth doesn't rise by a billion.

If you spend a billion to buy a billion dollar asset, your net worth doesn't rise by a billion.

I realize that. That's not what I meant. Tcali said if Pegula bought the Bills he would be left with $3 billion, after the purchase. I just pointed out that his net worth would still be the same, assuming the Bills are bought for $1 billion and they retain their value.

Edited by b.harami98

Ralph is fine, he can afford to have a doctor in his house like the old man in Being There. You can't compare a multi-millionaire of the same age with an average guy.

WTF does money have to do with his health?

If this is true, why is Steve Job's health in jeopardy? I guarantee you he has more money than Ralph. And he's younger.

WOW :wallbash:

Edited by DreReed83

Ralph will probably live another 25 years. The guy still plays tennis.

So STFU about the unknowable already.

Anybody on this board could take a dirt nap tomorrow.

Grow the F up..............

Wow. Slow down Sista. Just asked a question. No reason to get your panties caught in your crack.

• 4 months later...

I've never paid much attention to which games Ralph attended. With his ties to the Detroit area, my guess is that he has a history of attending the Detroit preseason game, but I'm just guessing. I saw most but not all of the telecast of this year's Lions game. Two questions:

1. In the recent past, has he attended the preseason game with Detroit?

2. Did he attend this year?

Yep.

It's a case of picking your ancestors carefully (ha ha), stimulating your body and mind with exercise (crosswords, sudoku, new learning subjects, etc). Eat fish a couple of times a week and remember those leafy greens! Like I wrote above, my grandfather and many of his side of the family reached into their 90s and 100s, without losing it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that kale, chard and other leafy greens were a staple in their diets. My grandfather grew kale in his victory garden (he was a farmer) every year. I do the same in my own victory garden and freezer storage. Several years ago, this was correlated by scientists and is a part of the new food pyramid. They also ate a lot of garlic.

Got it. green leaves, fish and sudoku and i'll live long enough to draft a useless scat back in the # 8 hole

Exactly what I am seeing! I mean, 92! I can't imagine anyone at that age making sound decisions. Maybe some can, but no one I've met.

Well my grandfather lived until 95... he was clear as a bell until he got sick. Funny thing is he got sicker in the Hospital where he was at.

Then one day he passed in his sleep. Over just like that.

this shouldn't be a surprise as Dareus, when he first arrived in Buffalo after the draft had to help Ralphie up out of a chair to his walker. So that tends to lead me to believe that Ralph is worse off than many of you believe and there is no way in hell that he plays tennis anymore. That said, I witness a 91 year old man break his age group record for 10k 2 years ago in Lancaster. The Grim Reaper is a B word and will hit you quickly

My season seats are in front of Mr Wilson's box. He was not present for either preseason game this season. That is not ususual, however, he will be there opening day unless he is dead. Last year, for the first time, there were EMT's on station at the entrance to his box, and that isn't a good sign. Mr Wilson, live long and prosper!!

Ralph is fine, he can afford to have a doctor in his house like the old man in Being There. You can't compare a multi-millionaire of the same age with an average guy.

Rich or not, when you get in your 90s, there are some things a doctor can't fix ... Eventually, your engine wears out and new spark plugs aren't an option.

My season seats are in front of Mr Wilson's box. He was not present for either preseason game this season. That is not ususual, however, he will be there opening day unless he is dead. Last year, for the first time, there were EMT's on station at the entrance to his box, and that isn't a good sign. Mr Wilson, live long and prosper!!

Nice sentiments, but let me change it a bit ... Mr. Wilson sell our team, then live long and prosper!