Wow uhm Tebow didnt have a bad season, what gives

Now im not making a trade for Tebow thread, but why all the hate when hes mentioned ever?

He started 3 games, was 5-3 with 651 yds, Completed over half his passes in all but one game, had a 300 yd game in his second game ever, and had 11 overall TDs and only 4 turnovers. His best game was vs Houston which is a very good team and defense. So why the hate? Is 3 games, 650 yds, 7 overall TDs, and 2 Turnovers bad????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im not making a trade for Tebow thread, but why all the hate when hes mentioned ever?

He started 3 games, was 5-3 with 651 yds, Completed over half his passes in all but one game, had a 300 yd game in his second game ever, and had 11 overall TDs and only 4 turnovers. His best game was vs Houston which is a very good team and defense. So why the hate? Is 3 games, 650 yds, 7 overall TDs, and 2 Turnovers bad????

Because a lot of people ran their mouths and said he'd be "an H-back at best" in the NFL, and they cant possibly admit being incorrect on the internet.

I like Tebow and I wish he was on our team but some people plain just don't like Tim Tebow. I think he deserves an open competition this year. That said , it was only 3 games.

*** What drdankenstein said ***

Edited by stevecana

Apparently John Elway's one of the haters. There are strong rumors of the Broncos wanting to draft Ponder. Just google "Broncos" and "Ponder" to see them.

Some say a trade back, some say a trade up to the 20s of the first round. Either way, Ponder's apparently going to end up being a first rounder.

Well, I agree. As a guy who always liked Tebow I thought he did better than I expected in his first year. But his stats should not be looked at to say he did or didn’t do well. A lot of his TDs were in special goal lined packages designed for him, and that can throw off his TD/TO percentage. With that said – isn’t that also a reason he was such a valuable prospect?

A lot of his yardage was gained on bubble screens and run after the catch. But at the same time Tom Brady rode screen passes to three SB victories and is not a 1st ballot HOFer because of screens.

Even if you don’t think Tebow will “Make it” I think most everyone should be impressed with his play. That is assuming you actually watched him play.

PS Houston also had the worst passing D in the league last year.

If Denver is truely interested in a QB and does in fact draft one then I guess Tebow is on the outs in Denver. BUT - they cant even trade him. So he either A stays with the team and wins the starting job, or B is traded first change Denver gets. i'd love to send a 2nd or 3rd in 2012 to Denver for Tebow.

I agree that I'll never understand the hatred for the guy, but I think his body of work is way too limited to declare him anything other than an unknown.

I'm a big Tebow supporter and I think he'll be a great player, but if I were a Denver fan, I could totally understand my team exploring the option of drafting another QB in case Tebow doesn't pan out or isn't quite starter-ready yet.

Having watched the games, I wasn't impressed with his QB play. No, I'm not hating, but I just wasn't convinced he'll make it. It is certainly possible that he could, but the jury is still out.

-With regards to Ponder, I hope he lasts into the 2nd, I think he could be a very special quarterback (I guess my hope of stealing him in the 3rd is delusional)

I'm middle of the road on Tebow. I don't really care either way.

I'd argue that Denver is an elitist, liberal city, and they see guys like Tebow as some sort of bible thumping conservative from the hillbilly regions of Florida and that's stuck.

It doesn't matter if Tebow ends up being the second coming of Joe Montana, they just don't like Tim Tebow the man and they don't let actual football performance get in the way of it.

There's no way he survives Elway, Mr. So Cal, Stanford guy.

I really do not understand the hate on the guy either. He is a great competitor, loves the game, has a clean image, keeps out of trouble does alot of charity work. Yeah I could see why people hate this guy. As far as him making it as a QB, I would not bet against him & I think Elway kinda of stuck his mouth in his foot about him early this offseason. I watched that whole Houston game & in the end he just refused to let his team lose. Scrambling to keep a drive alive, making a couple key throws. I think that is pretty impresive for a 1st year qb. Jury is still out on him & he has got a long way to go.

I'm middle of the road on Tebow. I don't really care either way.

I'd argue that Denver is an elitist, liberal city, and they see guys like Tebow as some sort of bible thumping conservative from the hillbilly regions of Florida and that's stuck.

It doesn't matter if Tebow ends up being the second coming of Joe Montana, they just don't like Tim Tebow the man and they don't let actual football performance get in the way of it.

There's no way he survives Elway, Mr. So Cal, Stanford guy.

Um ... Ok.

You do realize Stanford is in northern California and that Elway was born and raised in Washington (minus two years in Northridge when his dad took that job). And that despite "not liking Tebow the man" his jersey sales are near the top of the league. You can't walk down a street in Denver without seeing his face or jersey ... :oops:

Having watched the games, I wasn't impressed with his QB play. No, I'm not hating, but I just wasn't convinced he'll make it. It is certainly possible that he could, but the jury is still out.

-With regards to Ponder, I hope he lasts into the 2nd, I think he could be a very special quarterback (I guess my hope of stealing him in the 3rd is delusional)

Really? I caught them all (his starts, not the Raiders game) and I was really impressed. I knew he had a strong arm but he made some throws on the move that only a young Brett Favre and Vick could make. He moved in the pocket extremely well too. His deep ball accuracy is also top notch (it was in college too) but his short and mid rang stuff isnt great. That should be easier to fix. I also like that he really is like a running back too - being able to call some QB runs and QB draws is a huge advantage to the offense as a whole and Tebow brings that. He was able convert a couple of 3rd downs with a QB draw and a great run on a zone read play - plays most in the NFL wouldnt even attempt. Thats a big bonus for guys like Tebow or Newton. He had a handful of rushing TDs too that no other Qb could have had. He is a unique talent thats for sure.

It was also evident that the team got behind him as a leader - something we havent had since Kelly. Jury is still out, but I'll be suprised if he fails, not the other way around.

Not at all the case. I lived in Denver for years (up until last year), and I can tell you the views its citizens hold are not inline with your thinking. Also, Tebow is idolized in colorado, those fans ADORE him.

Really? I caught them all (his starts, not the Raiders game) and I was really impressed. I knew he had a strong arm but he made some throws on the move that only a young Brett Favre and Vick could make. He moved in the pocket extremely well too. His deep ball accuracy is also top notch (it was in college too) but his short and mid rang stuff isnt great. That should be easier to fix.

Wow, hard to believe we watched the same games haha. Well, what are ya gonna do, to each their own, we saw very different things out on the field. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he succeeds, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's just mediocre for a couple years then falls into a backup role somewhere.

Edited by NickelCity

Um ... Ok.

You do realize Stanford is in northern California and that Elway was born and raised in Washington (minus two years in Northridge when his dad took that job). And that despite "not liking Tebow the man" his jersey sales are near the top of the league. You can't walk down a street in Denver without seeing his face or jersey ... :oops:

Not to mention that tebow comes from ponte vedra beach, FL, one of the most uppity, affluent, upper class areas in the state. He's hardly got a "blue collar" background.

Not to mention that tebow comes from ponte vedra beach, FL, one of the most uppity, affluent, upper class areas in the state. He's hardly got a "blue collar" background.

Have you seen the documentary? He grew up on a huge farm and trains by pushing trucks down the road and swinging sledge hammers against trees…..

Not sure if its an uppity community, but I’d call being a rancher and sledge hammering trees pretty blue collar.

If Tebow had a good "season", as the OP states, then maybe many of the Tebow doubters would change their tune.

But Tebow didn't play a season. He started 3 games and got spot duty in some others. He sat on his ass most of last season. He's still an unknown and hasn't convinced anyone of his pro ability yet, least of all the current regime in Denver.

And to say that Houston had a good defense? That makes me think the OP doesn't even watch football and just looked up Tebow's stats on ESPN.com or something.

If we can trade our first rounder back a few spots and get a second second rounder. I would trade the second, second rounder for Tebow. Why not. He has a year of the NFL under his belt and he can play. Jury is still out if he is going to be elite or not. If Buddy really wanted him that bad then I say go for it. Not a first but a second if Denver will make that move.

my big gripe was that some dope was suggesting trading the #3 pick for him, which is insane. I wouldn't be against giving up a 2nd or a 3rd especially since Elway has stated that he has a lack of confidence in him. That said, he has more game experience than RJ when we traded for him :sick: