Does anyone have any updates on Levi Brown?

I'm wondering how he is doing and just where he fits in the Bills' future. I know that some board members have connections with the Bills and if they could share some inside information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Tipster19

he doesn't seem to be anything special. But one year with no real playing time isn't much to go on. Either way, I am glad the bills took a QB last year, even a late rounder. They should take one QB every year until they have a superstar, even if it is a late rounder. You never know when you will land a great QB.

Obviously we do not have a lot to go on with Brown, and it isn't comforting that the team initially decided to release him. However, from what I saw of him, he does have a very lively arm and a quick release. In terms of what is between his ears and how quickly he will adapt to the NFL, that is anyone's guess.

I think he is def the 3rd string QB....

This is why I dont agree with taking QB's from 4-7 rounds....teams just dont put the effort into grooming a QB that low as a starter and the everyone knew this kid was raw when they drafted him.....

If you are going to take a QB....do it in the first 2 rounds or not at all....not because someone might not have talent later then that...but teams just dont consider them a priority later then that......

Either way, I am glad the bills took a QB last year, even a late rounder. They should take one QB every year until they have a superstar, even if it is a late rounder. You never know when you will land a great QB.

I like this approach.

I'm wondering how he is doing and just where he fits in the Bills' future. I know that some board members have connections with the Bills and if they could share some inside information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

He's worthless. If they can find someone better, he'd take this guys spot in a heartbeat...

I think he is def the 3rd string QB....

This is why I dont agree with taking QB's from 4-7 rounds....teams just dont put the effort into grooming a QB that low as a starter and the everyone knew this kid was raw when they drafted him.....

If you are going to take a QB....do it in the first 2 rounds or not at all....not because someone might not have talent later then that...but teams just dont consider them a priority later then that......

Tom brady salutes you. And lots of people think Matt Flynn has the goods. He is at the least thought of as a decent backup. Mark Bulger, matt Cassell, Kurt Warner, and Tony Romo have all been thought of as productive starters in this league. It's true that the league is trending more toward elite passers, but it's also true that great QBs come from all avenues. I am WAY more concerned with the team's ability to evaluate and groom a QB than who fills the shoes per se. The team needs a QB with his head on straight who is prepared to learn and doesn't think he knows or has it all - yet. This is the source of some comfort with fitz and with gailey. Nix has some things to prove yet. They should only be drafting a QB if he is ready to be part of a team - emphasis on that last word.

I don't think there is any question but that the coaching staff's happiness with Fitz is a clever subterfuge and that Chan actually plans to groom Levi as the starter, possibly by opening day. Gibran Hamdan will be brought in to work with Levi on reading defenses and general chroisonality.

Great Day! Great Post! Go Bills! Fandemonium!

I saw some decent things from him along with some rookie mistakes. I'd say Brohm is first guy to go now if we bring in another QB in off season. I think with some playing time (not sure where he's gonna get it) he might be OK. It's a shame they don't have NFL Europa anymore.

Tom brady salutes you. And lots of people think Matt Flynn has the goods. He is at the least thought of as a decent backup. Mark Bulger, matt Cassell, Kurt Warner, and Tony Romo have all been thought of as productive starters in this league. It's true that the league is trending more toward elite passers, but it's also true that great QBs come from all avenues. I am WAY more concerned with the team's ability to evaluate and groom a QB than who fills the shoes per se. The team needs a QB with his head on straight who is prepared to learn and doesn't think he knows or has it all - yet. This is the source of some comfort with fitz and with gailey. Nix has some things to prove yet. They should only be drafting a QB if he is ready to be part of a team - emphasis on that last word.

Every time somebody makes this arguement they bring up Tom Brady.....

I am not talking about the talent level of the QB......for all we know Brown might actually have the good....he has a good arm.....I like his mechanics....etc etc.....its about a team being willing to be patient enough to actually put in the time it takes to groom a late round QB and then actually allowing them to play....

We draft Brown then we cut him.....

Every time somebody makes this arguement they bring up Tom Brady.....

I am not talking about the talent level of the QB......for all we know Brown might actually have the good....he has a good arm.....I like his mechanics....etc etc.....its about a team being willing to be patient enough to actually put in the time it takes to groom a late round QB and then actually allowing them to play....

We draft Brown then we cut him.....

But realistically who thought Brady had the talent level until he had proved it, multiple times even? Sometimes it's just about putting in the work and getting the right chance...