Gailey is on to Lee Evans

Peter

Really? You need to go back and review the games...I am not going through every game again, did that in other threads already. However, there were several games where this occured, several others where neither was existent in the first 3 and a half quarters forcing us to try and play catchup at the very end, and ones both these guys literally lost for us when we were in position to win at the end...

For example: Balt - Fitz 2 INTs in the 3rd qtr gave away our lead for good, KC - Fitz regulation ending awful INT where we were about to be in FG range to win and his missed WIDE open would be TD pass to Spiller in endzone in OT, Chi - Fitzs game ending INT, and SJ with his drops in key moments of games and the infamous Pitt game, etc etc.

Stats were padded at the end in several games between these two, hell it happened in the first 3 games Fitz started alone with worthless garbage TD's at the end of each blow out loss (all to SJ). I said Cincy was a fluke game as Fitz was PWNED by the Cincy D except Cincy GAVE US BACK an INT thanks to an unrelated penalty which later resulted in a TD thanks to two additional penalties on that drive to save us from punting...then they lost their 2 starting safeties and our recievers were running uncovered on several broken plays like SJ's long second half TD.

Those are flukes...fluke means "not the norm" and it is without a shadow of a doubt that its not the norm for Fitzy to throw 3+ TD's based on his career...in fact in the majority of his games this year alone he threw 1 TD or less. He only threw for more than 1 TD twice in his last 9 games, and one was the fluke Cincy game where people were talking about how he should be benched at half time. HALF his TD's came in the first FOUR games...3 of which we were crushed in and he got waste time TD's. How anyone can not see this is beyond me.

I dont care about a TD that increases our score to 14 with 1 min left to go when the opponent has over 30 points (see Jets game)...I care about players who make plays when they count...and right now, these guys didnt do that enough, failed to do so when they could, or played so bad that it was too little too late when they found a groove.

Truth is, week to week, their performances were not good enough...and it wasnt just them, it was lots of our guys on this team, and I for one am tired of settling for this crap. There is not a single meaningful stat that Fitz was good in this year outside of TD's. It becomes clear that his TD total is not an accurate indicator of his season hen you consider that 15 of his 23 TD's came in just 5 games, 3 of which were blow out losses for the most part where his stats got padded in meaningless time, and another where he sucked until half the teams starting secondary was knocked out of the game. Not to mention that he was below average or worse in the majority of his games and in every important statisitc relevant to a QB.

But there I go using logic again and reason again, something lost on this board...

Only 2 of his 23 TDs were "waste" time TDs. And only a delusional person would fault him for torching the Cincy defense. Frankly, isn't that what any good QB would do? ...LOL

You have this very warped and unrealistic view that the Bills starting QB should be averaging 3 TDs per game. I hate to break it to you, but there are no Tom Bradys or Peyton Mannings in this draft.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 2 of his 23 TDs were "waste" time TDs. And only a delusional person would fault him for torching the Cincy defense. Frankly, isn't that what any good QB would do? ...LOL

You have this very warped and unrealistic view that the Bills starting QB should be averaging 3 TDs per game. I hate to break it to you, but there are no Tom Bradys or Peyton Mannings in this draft.

That is completely wrong to say. Tom Brady wasn't Tom Brady in his draft.

That's the point. Absolute statements are absolutely dumb.

You're dumb if you think there's a Tom Brady in this draft. Just like you'd be dumb for thinking you have a real shot a winning the lottery.

Seriously, this is what this thread has come down to? Being mad because someone said there's no Tom Brady in this draft?

You're dumb if you think there's a Tom Brady in this draft. Just like you'd be dumb for thinking you have a real shot a winning the lottery.

Seriously, this is what this thread has come down to? Being mad because someone said there's no Tom Brady in this draft?

I would kill myself if I got mad over a message board. But I just think it's foolish how people talk like they are some draft expert. Aaron Rodgers fell like a rock in his draft.

99.9% of the people don't know crap about the draft.

I would kill myself if I got mad over a message board. But I just think it's foolish how people talk like they are some draft expert. Aaron Rodgers fell like a rock in his draft.

99.9% of the people don't know crap about the draft.

Think about how silly this board would be if everybody deferred to the "experts" like the ones who thought Alex Smith was a no brainer.

No one's truly an expert because the draft is at best a crap shoot. However, the odds are strongly in my favor me that there's no Tom Brady in this draft.

As for who I think the Bills should pick at #3? I've changed my mind about ten times on that one so I am by no means an expert with the biggest decision ever coming up.

You ever think maybe he wanted to "throw" the year to get cut and go to a team that has a chance to win on? I mean, since he's been here, he's had 4 Head Coaches (Mularkey, Jauron, Fewell, Gailey), 5 QB's (Bledsoe, Losman, Holcomb, Edwards, Fitz), 4 GM's (Dohahoe, Levy, Brandon, Nix), at least 4 OC's (one of which was on the team the year before he got drafted), a team that averages 6 years a win, an owner that publicly stated he wants ANOTHER QB, a stadium that is outdated and rundown, the weather sucks, small market, a city where more and more people leave each year, having T.O. whisper in your ear for a year and the taxes suck. ALL IN 7 YEARS! Why would you not "throw" a season to go somewhere else? Honestly, would you rather work for Disney World or Darien Lake? I mean....c'mon.

GO BILLS!

Another guy trying to explain Lee's sad sack performances. Blame everyone but Lee. It is the QB, it was the line, now it is Gailey fault?!?!? I guess it is all of our fault that Lee had big drops and fumbles last year. It is all of our fault for Lee's poor route running. Lee doesn't give a flying f# about his play and he stopped competing three years ago, plain and simple, he is a quitter. Look at his production it is that of a number 3 receiver. Try and get better than a #6 draft pick for Lee, won't happen.

Hey Trent, I know it's you.

This is the same old Lee argument rehashed. The only new data point is that the team's coach admitted he didn't see him produce as the All Madden WR many posters make him out to be either.

People can wax philosophically all day long, but production is the bottom line and Evans has been the Bills second best WR and in the leagues #3WR production tier for the past 2 years. Parrish was actually the teams second best WR behind SJ through week 8 then he was injured.

Where did I say the Bills starting QB should be averaging 3 TD's? Never did I say that...what I said is that Fitz had games far above his norm inflating his TD totals which is what you and some others insist on hanging on. I said it is NOT the norm for him to throw 3+ TD's, yet more than a THIRD of his TD's came in just TWO games...there fore, FLUKEY...

So MORE THAN A THIRD of his total TD's occured in TWO games, one of which he was atrocious in until the opposing team lost HALF of their starting secondary for the game. Yet, all you want to do is focus on his total which because of the TWO abnormal games of TD production make his total look better than it is.

The fact remains, the MAJORITY of the season he was not even close to as productive as you want to claim based on his TD totals.

Sad thing is, I do like how Fitz plays with guts and heart, and I like the guy. But this board is so predictable...first I, as well as anyone who doubted Trent, was flamed for pointing out everything wrong with Trent when everyone insisted on how great he was doing just because he wasnt JP. Now, everyone is making the same excuses for Fitz and over exaggerating his season just because he isnt Trent.

If I punch you in the balls every day then stop and switch to punching you in the chest every day, you are going to love being punched in the chest because you were used to being punched in the balls...I can assure you getting punched in the chest is better than the balls, but it still sucks.

Didn't you, like a lot of the rest of us, think the same about the number 9 pick last year about this time?

To answer this NO. I hated Marshawn and honestly wanted a new back. I can honestly say I wanted Spiller and was very excited. I know it may shock you. I wouldn't be too upset if we picked Green though. When the season our season was over he was to be quite honest the guy I was first rooting for for the Bills to select. I have since changed my mind.

Where did I say the Bills starting QB should be averaging 3 TD's? Never did I say that...what I said is that Fitz had games far above his norm inflating his TD totals which is what you and some others insist on hanging on. I said it is NOT the norm for him to throw 3+ TD's, yet more than a THIRD of his TD's came in just TWO games...there fore, FLUKEY...

So MORE THAN A THIRD of his total TD's occured in TWO games, one of which he was atrocious in until the opposing team lost HALF of their starting secondary for the game. Yet, all you want to do is focus on his total which because of the TWO abnormal games of TD production make his total look better than it is.

The fact remains, the MAJORITY of the season he was not even close to as productive as you want to claim based on his TD totals.

Sad thing is, I do like how Fitz plays with guts and heart, and I like the guy. But this board is so predictable...first I, as well as anyone who doubted Trent, was flamed for pointing out everything wrong with Trent when everyone insisted on how great he was doing just because he wasnt JP. Now, everyone is making the same excuses for Fitz and over exaggerating his season just because he isnt Trent.

If I punch you in the balls every day then stop and switch to punching you in the chest every day, you are going to love being punched in the chest because you were used to being punched in the balls...I can assure you getting punched in the chest is better than the balls, but it still sucks.

You're have a very warped view of Fitzpatrick. He's a hundred times better than Trent. You seriously need to stop because you're making yourself look foolish now.

This is the same old Lee argument rehashed. The only new data point is that the team's coach admitted he didn't see him produce as the All Madden WR many posters make him out to be either.

People can wax philosophically all day long, but production is the bottom line and Evans has been the Bills second best WR and in the leagues #3WR production tier for the past 2 years. Parrish was actually the teams second best WR behind SJ through week 8 then he was injured.

And Lee is far from the scrub your ilk makes him out to be.

But feel free to list at least 64 other receivers that you think you'd rather have than Lee.

He's a solid citizen type like Patrick Peterson and Von Miller. I don't think it's crazy to think that the Bills would take a great player who has zero character concerns at #3.

If Peterson is off the board and the Bills are hell bent on having zero character issues, then Miller and Green are in the conversation at #3.

Right now it looks like their going towards Miller. Regardless at 3, it's gonna be a solid defensive player who will come in and start. Don Banks doesn't know crap. They won't take a QB...

Maybe Evans hasn't been able to do much underneath, because when he goes over the middle, we don't have another guy to challenge the defense deep.

Fans always like players to be called out publicly, but it usually doesn't push the player to be better. Personally, I prefer to be challenged privately, instead of being publicly embarrassed. Shows how little fans truly understand about coaching,

Andy Reid has it right. You never call out a player in the media.. ever. You rip him to shreds in private. All trust between player(who is working to get better based on the coaching) is gone once you have embarrassed a player in public. Gailey has it wrong. And the media will now have him dissecting every player in public. Not good. He will lose the team if he keeps this up. And lose his job, and then we start all over again. There is a reason guys like Reid keep their jobs a long time and blabber mouths like Gailey change jobs every 3 years.

And the one year TO was here, he totally outshined Lee.....

Bottom line is, Lee is not a #1 receiver, and I applaud Chan for speaking up...

I completely agree, I've been saying this about Evans all along, but there are those on here that flip out when you bash Evans and give every excuse in the world for the guy. Now that the head coach is calling him out, that's all the proof in the world.

You're have a very warped view of Fitzpatrick. He's a hundred times better than Trent. You seriously need to stop because you're making yourself look foolish now.

Are you high? I just said that he is better than Trent. But that doesnt make him good enough just because he is better than a QB (Trent) who is probably one of the 10 worst QB's in the NFL.

And you want to talk about foolish...LMAO...you have chosen to ignore all facts and are yet to add anything of value, successfully provide any logical or relevant counter points to anything other than to name call, and have made hilarious responses like this one that make no sense in regards to the post you are replying to.