Go figure

gjv001

Stroud was easily taken out of runs plays last year. To his credit, he was not blocked by the TE like Kelsay. NE is going to pay him a lot less to be a rotation guy than the star pay he got in Buffalo. My issue is Littman and Ralph will not take the salary and pick up another starter.

Who do you suggest they sign?

Cullen Jenkins of GB would be nice. How about Zack Miller of Oakland or Kevin Boss? Dhani Kones of Cinci avgs over 100 tackles a year, how about him? Maybe Ralph should just pocket the money instead.

He could send some of it to me and i wouldnt mind :)

But i like your list. Zack miller isnt going anywhere sadly and I'm not a fan of Dhani jones was getting ripped apart on cinci radio after the Bills game this year...called him average and makes every tackle downfield....sound familiar?

He could send some of it to me and i wouldnt mind :)

But i like your list. Zack miller isnt going anywhere sadly and I'm not a fan of Dhani jones was getting ripped apart on cinci radio after the Bills game this year...called him average and makes every tackle downfield....sound familiar?

Why do you say Zach Miller isn't going anywhere?

Stroud was set for a bonus if they kept him past March 1. Between that and what Carrington showed, he was expendable. For the Pats, he has enough left in the tank and the experience to fit into Belichek's hybrid defensive philosophy at a price much less than what STroud would've cost the Bills. I don't think this is a case of one side being smarter than the other. This is a non issue.

Ah, I see. Yep they were tendered based on the non-capped season rules. But that will change when the new CBA is signed.

If the Bills could get a functional TE in free agency such as Miller or Boss that would really benefit the offense. The TE position, since the Metz days, has hardly been utilized. Acquiring the Royal type TEs is a waste of time and money. Signing a LB, a TE and maybe a RT would help fill some of the holes that plague this team. If the CBA can be resolved in a reaonable amount of time and the Bills were earnest in pursuing a few good mid-range free agents that should help get this team moving in the right direction.

I certainly don't subscribe to the "quick fix" and we are "almost there" mentality of some. But I do believe that with a good draft and some smart free agency maneuvering there can be a more positive outlook.

I'd be interested in knowing how much of a signing bonus he got from NE. All the matters is the guaranteed money. Belichick is probably just signing him mostly to get a better understanding of the Bills defensive techniques (which would work better with better players.)

If the Bills could get a functional TE in free agency such as Miller or Boss that would really benefit the offense. The TE position, since the Metz days, has hardly been utilized. Acquiring the Royal type TEs is a waste of time and money. Signing a LB, a TE and maybe a RT would help fill some of the holes that plague this team. If the CBA can be resolved in a reaonable amount of time and the Bills were earnest in pursuing a few good mid-range free agents that should help get this team moving in the right direction.

I certainly don't subscribe to the "quick fix" and we are "almost there" mentality of some. But I do believe that with a good draft and some smart free agency maneuvering there can be a more positive outlook.

I'd be happy with the Bills signing a TE and RT in FA and leaving the rest for the draft.

Marcus Stroud is not deemed by the Bills brass to be worthy of a roster spot. Yet, the Patriot brass feel Stroud is worthy of a spot on their roster. Go figure.

Maybe the Pats see him as a situation-down player that will fit into their current scheme. Good for Stroud. Personally I think he doesn't make the final roster but if he does, kudos to him. I think 2009 was he last decent season.

There's not too many people that will miss him around here. He was underwhelming for most of his time here with the exception of the '08 season opener against seattle. He was very solid as a player at times, but nothing a team with the worst yards against the run will miss.

Someone mentioned the PayToilets picking him up to shore up their weak defensive line, and people want to think that was a good move, I'd love to see the threads around here if Buddy Nix picked him up from the Raiders or detroit.

That was a positive post!

O, and I actually hate being a Bills fan. Its a hopeless addiction I wish I could free myself of - but I cant. If you can show me one reason to be more positive, I promise Ill try to be more positive, I just dont see any reason to!

Then go cheer for the Steelers. :nana:

That was a positive post!

O, and I actually hate being a Bills fan. Its a hopeless addiction I wish I could free myself of - but I cant. If you can show me one reason to be more positive, I promise Ill try to be more positive, I just dont see any reason to!

Have to agree unfortunatelly

Are you really wringing your hands over Stroud? After watching him play last year and barely contribute on one of the worst defenses in the NFL? Is there no end to what people will complain about?

Well put...What in gods name did stroud do at all for us. This was a great decision by the bills front office to get rid of the aging, oversized, slow, cant get off a block stroud. i really thought ()and yes im going to say it) spencer johnson was a better fit at that position. I think some folks on these boards just write stuuf to see their name pop up....