VERY Smart Move By Vick

i believe last i heard he was something like 15 million in debt so this should take him back to even and then his next deal should make him a rich man again.

Not really. Taxes (and maybe even agent fees) would take a sizeable chunk out of that amount right?

Actually, pretty dumb for a player who has only finished a full season 1-2 times in his whole career. He's a career-threatening injury waiting to happen. And for those asking why this injury hasn't happened, it may have been the reason for him being such an up-and-down QB in the past. Even if a career-ending injury doesn't occur, he's one hit away from having his career/production take a downturn.

Not much.

His differences with long term deal vs injury would be the amount of guaranteed money (including signing bonus). He's making out just fine.

He had no choice but to sign the tender or hold out, right? Obviously they don't yet want to offer him a long term contract.

He had no choice but to sign the tender or hold out, right? Obviously they don't yet want to offer him a long term contract.

He could have held out. It was a smart move to put 16 mil. guaranteed in his pocket.

It was smart for the owner too. QBs sell tickets. Vick is an exciting player. He isn't my particular favorite style of QB, but he wins football games.

The Bills are going to draft a quarterback at #3 and sell tickets. Just wait and see.

This is bad news for the rest of the league. This is, in fact, terrible news for the rest of the league. This has nothing to do with his on the field playing and everything to do with off the field. This sets the status quo for other QB's not that he is making $17mil for a season. Carson Palmer is just as good as Vick on a ratings scale because of his clean record and his abilities and will likely demand a 2 or 3 year contract now for just a little bit more then he would have prior.

Like before, Vick f'd over the whole league. This is bad news for the NFL and more reason to believe that the Eagles want to keep Kolb.

And, no I do not have hate for Vick. I think he's a good football player but a lousy human being. He has shown no genuine remorse for what he has done and gone in front of microphones with no emotion time after time. He reminds me a lot of Favre. Neither of them get "it," but they sure can play. The irony is both of them have a tendency to struggle in the high stress situations and have blown games as much as saved them.

The smart move was Vick bearing down and playing some good football for a season. People in Philly arent too upset he is getting that money. They believe he gives them a legitimate shot at winning it all.

I agree that the way he plays is high risk for big injury in today's NFL.

I will be interested to see Vick's actions once he gets some money under his feet. Its one thing to go around and mutter that dog fighting is bad, then sign autographs for some kids... but it would be a whole different thing if he took a large sum of money organically and started something to improve the lives of dogs affected by stupid actions such as his own.

And, no I do not have hate for Vick. I think he's a good football player but a lousy human being. He has shown no genuine remorse for what he has done and gone in front of microphones with no emotion time after time.

How do you know that he has no genuine remorse for his crimes? Are you basing your sanctimonious judgment on his body language?

There is a section in the bible dealing with not judging others. You should read it and then think about what it means. You might learn something.

And, no I do not have hate for Vick.

Are you sure about that?

How do you know that he has no genuine remorse for his crimes? Are you basing your sanctimonious judgment on his body language?

No, the actions he has done. He has done all of this moves via a PR person, through strategic moves and calculated exposures. He backed out on Oprah because he was affraid to face PETA and his past, something he should realize by now is not going to disappear.

There is a section in the bible dealing with not judging others. You should read it and then think about what it means. You might learn something.

Yep, I'll read the biggest book of lies, hate, and bigotry ever, again. I have read it, it's a joke. Religion is so 17th century. As far as not judging people, I am not judging Vick for what he has done I am judging him on what he continues to do - which is squat. He has been smart keeping his head down and being low-key but this thread is not about that, nor is it about that mythical book of fantasy called the Bible. This is about his choice to sign a franchise tender.

Please, avoid bringing up religion and the Bible to me, especially when you tell me it could help me. It just annoys me.

Are you sure about that?

Yes, I really hoped this guy could serve as a role model to youths about making good decisions about who you hang with and the choices you make. I think he has a tremendous podium and just want him to step up to it and embrace his past.

Edited by jboyst62

No, the actions he has done. He has done all of this moves via a PR person, through strategic moves and calculated exposures. He backed out on Oprah because he was affraid to face PETA and his past, something he should realize by now is not going to disappear.

How did you get the special powers to determine what his motivations are?

Yep, I'll read the biggest book of lies, hate, and bigotry ever, again. I have read it, it's a joke. Religion is so 17th century.

You are entitled to your religious or non-religious views.

As far as not judging people, I am not judging Vick for what he has done I am judging him on what he continues to do - which is squat.

You keep insisting that you are not judging Vick while you are harshly judging him.

He has been smart keeping his head down and being low-key but this thread is not about that, nor is it about that mythical book of fantasy called the Bible. This is about his choice to sign a franchise tender.

Please, avoid bringing up religion and the Bible to me, especially when you tell me it could help me. It just annoys me.

It is very obvious you are annoyed. You might consider a sedative to help settle your jangled nerves.

Yes, I really hoped this guy could serve as a role model to youths about making good decisions about who you hang with and the choices you make. I think he has a tremendous podium and just want him to step up to it and embrace his past.

He is regularly appearing before school groups and talking about his past and the mistakes he has made. You might still question his sincerity but you are entitled to be as judgmental as you want to be.

He is regularly appearing before school groups and talking about his past and the mistakes he has made. You might still question his sincerity but you are entitled to be as judgmental as you want to be.

And just like you, he calls it a mistake. A mistake is dropping a ball or misspelling a word. Beating a dog to death with your hands, electrocuting dogs, drowning them, stealing neighborhood pets to train other dogs to kill, rape stands, dog graveyard all on your property...not mistakes.

To the people saying he's a subpar QB, you are wrong. He WAS a subpar QB. Last year, he was nothing short of spectacular and deserved the MVP based strictly on performance.

Edited by Peace

How did you get the special powers to determine what his motivations are?

magnets

You keep insisting that you are not judging Vick while you are harshly judging him.

I am not judging Vick. I am only stating what he has done in his past as being disturbing. If you are comfortable with what is in his past then you must be one cold person, a sociopath, perhaps.

It is very obvious you are annoyed. You might consider a sedative to help settle your jangled nerves.

I would love some Xanex...offering?

Yep, and I have seen coverage of them. I have seen where they have shown kids say they want to be just like him and the big dumby just stands there grinning like a moron. If any kid came up to me and said they want to be like me I'd kick them square in the butt, especially if I was in his shoes. Mistakes are forgetting a library book or running a stop sign. Arrogance is speeding in front of a police officer. Ignorance is walking down the street with a blunt. I do not know what you can categorize severe animal cruelty as...barbaric, maybe?

He was ordered to appear at those schools, he also did so to save face. None of it was done with sincerity. His ditched fatty Oprah's hypocritical show is a window to what is going on. She's freakin Oprah - not Nancy Grace.

And just like you, he calls it a mistake. A mistake is dropping a ball or misspelling a word. Beating a dog to death with your hands, electrocuting dogs, drowning them, stealing neighborhood pets to train other dogs to kill, rape stands, dog graveyard all on your property...not mistakes.

While he may not have known all of what was going on with the property it gives no excuse and anyone who has half of a wit of sense knows what is involved with dog fighting.

To the people saying he's a subpar QB, you are wrong. He WAS a subpar QB. Last year, he was nothing short of spectacular and deserved the MVP based strictly on performance.

Bingo! With ATL I would have only wanted him on this team for one, maybe 2 of the seasons he was on the field. With his performance in Phili I felt like he turned a page and has settled in to playing QB. I still think next year might be rough on him as DC's dust off the old playbooks and gameplan against him. Give BB, LeBeau or Rex Ryan the chance to set up a D against him to show the league how it's done and he's done.