Which Bills 1st round draft pick had you jumping for JOY?

major

Think back to your favorite draft day. What 1st round BILLS pick got you the most excited? My first thought went to Thurman Thomas, but I remembered that he was a 2nd round pick, not a first rounder. Taking Thurman out of the equation, the 1st round draft pick that had me jumping for JOY was when we drafted Willis McGahee. I thought he was the next coming of Barry Sanders. My bad!

The first round pick that made me want to VOMIT is a three way tie between Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin, & Erick Flowers. When we took them my first reaction was "WHAT?????"

I look forward to hearing your draft day stories.

On a side note, the first round pick that I really wanted to succeed was either Antowian Smith or JP Losman.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember saying that there was no way that Buffalo would pass on Orakpo when he wasn't picked at 10. I should have known better. Maybin goes down as my WHAAAT?? My favorite pick=N/A because I'm not old enough to have seen them pick a good player.

The one pick that made me think what the F*ck was the McGahee pick.... I remember being at McFaddens in NYC and calling it. I was being a jackass predicting the least likely pick I could think of the Bills would pick. A RB and an Injured RB.......and I turned out to be right WISHING I had been wrong........

Mike Williams. Thought the FO finally got its act together and made the smart no miss pick to stack the o line. Remember being psyched before the season started that mckinnie had some off the field problems.

Yea - I figured even if he wasn't a LT, he'd be a cornerstone on our line at RT with all that physical presence. I like to think McKinney feels bad that he's so much better, and acts foolish off the field to help us deal with the Williams pick. He's a kind and generous man. If only he'd stop going to probowls, and would start doing his part on the bench!

The one pick that made me think what the F*ck was the McGahee pick.... I remember being at McFaddens in NYC and calling it. I was being a jackass predicting the least likely pick I could think of the Bills would pick. A RB and an Injured RB.......and I turned out to be right WISHING I had been wrong........

I agree. In the last 10 seasons, the McGahee pick was something very cheerful about. He was supposed to be a top 5 pick and he fell to us with Donahoe willing to let him heal for a full season.

I know he's not wasn 't a first rounder, but the Roscoe Parish pick drove me nuts.I know Buddy wasn't the GM, but he put it best when he said you have to get starters in the first two rounds. I knew based on his size he would never be anything more than a slot receiver.

Loved the Marshawn Lynch pick...i remember breathing a sigh of relief....the Whitner pick was bad, but the Maybin pick was worse. I threw a draft day party and was out of it for the rest of the draft....such a let down. I knew he had "BUST" written all over him.

Here's to Fairley, Bowers, Darius, or Miller in '11....i'll take any of them...just please...no Cam Newton.

Last player I was jumping for joy for was (and this is sad) Bruce Smith, last player I was mildly happy with was Lynch (I thought he was going to be a much better weapon in the passing game oops). Last player I said WTF was Spiller.

I liked him too. Ill never forget how fat he looked in his 1st press conference wearing a sweater. That dude's game really took off when he shed those 40 extra pounds.

Think back to your favorite draft day. What 1st round BILLS pick got you the most excited? My first thought went to Thurman Thomas, but I remembered that he was a 2nd round pick, not a first rounder. Taking Thurman out of the equation, the 1st round draft pick that had me jumping for JOY was when we drafted Willis McGahee. I thought he was the next coming of Barry Sanders. My bad!

The first round pick that made me want to VOMIT is a three way tie between Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin, & Erick Flowers. When we took them my first reaction was "WHAT?????"

I look forward to hearing your draft day stories.

On a side note, the first round pick that I really wanted to succeed was either Antowian Smith or JP Losman.

[/quot

The ones I loved, OJ and Bruce.. The ones I hated, Booker Moore and Ronnie Harmon..

The most recent 1st round pick that had me excited was the Eric Wood pick. I remember hearing how he was one of the nastiest centers in college football, and I was delighted to hear his name called. I also really liked Alex Mack and Kraig Urbik :thumbsup: from that draft class. Picks that made me nearly vomit....where do I begin? John (who the f is that?) McCargo, Maybin, and Whitner come to mind.

I loved the Spiller pick.

Hated the Losman pick.

I was a little surprised as consensus had us taking best available OT, but when you realize theyd all been a reach, I was certainly interested to see how Spiller would do in NFL. I still am and think we'll see a different player in his 2nd year.

The last 1st round pick that had me jumping for joy was Lee Evans.

I did'nt hate the pick of Donte Whitner, but I felt puzzled by that pick.

Last 1st rounder to make me mad was Aaron Maybin. Ironically, I was thrilled by the rest of that year's draft. The selection of Eric Wood helped ease the pain, and I literally jumped for joy when we picked Andy Levitre.