What are the Odds that the Bills

flomoe

Definitely. There will be the usual roster fillers.

If we get a few players of Dwan Edwards caliber that wouldn't be the worst. The FO seems to be happy with Bell-Levitre-Wood-(insert Urbik, etc here). I see them taking another shot at RT again this season, and wouldn't be surprised to see some help at CB and LB added. We'll also get the usual 3-4 purely depth players as well.

He's my cousin but we fight all the time

:lol: Its gotta be nice knowing you'll always be right!

I believe that once the CBA gets done (which it will), there will have to be a FA period of some sort. Even if it is very short, like 7-14 days. What else are they going to do with players who have expired contracts?

The issue will most likely be that the FA period will be so short, we'll have to concentrate on just getting our own guys signed (Poz, Whitner, Wilson, etc) and wont be able to go hard at some available players.

That being said, I doubt the Bills would do much in FA this year anyways. We're still in "build through the draft" mode. Maybe next year, after Nix has 2 full drafts of getting his guys and with a full FA period, then the Bills will go after 1 or 2 "missing pieces". Or it may even be after a 3rd year. Just my opinion.

I think the good Doctor has got it right.

I know that there needs to be a new CBA in place before anyone even thinks about Free Agency this year but I am wondering what the chances would be for the Bills to actually be a major player in Free Agency this year.

I'm not thinking that they go after 4 or 5 guys but what if they went after the top prize this year...Asoumagha?

I know it's a pipe dream but since they were relatively quiet last year, would, or could they actually get off the wallet and pony up for him?

I know it's going to take a pretty good size signing bonus but the thought of him on our D with the possibility of us going D for the first couple of rounds is an exciting prospect.

A trade down scenario and grabbing multiple front 7 players with the knowledge that you have upgraded an already pretty fair secondary is very exciting.

The season ticket sales would probably go back up into the high 50,000 range and merchandise sales could go through the roof.

I know it's a pipe dream but there are so many positives to come out of this that it would be a pretty good investment overall.

Now we just need Ralph to leave the wallet on the table and have that mischievious kid Buddy to go in and grab a few bucks out of it.

You had me until your last sentence, which brought me back to reality :(

heck we are getting new uniforms, and a new topcoat on the field, lets go all out and spend our rainy day money on this Asoumagha. He's a Fillipino or one of the more excellent island NFLers we need on board. Matter of fact if we get one of them that good i will go to another home game this year. My word.

You had me until your last sentence, which brought me back to reality :(

Reality hit me at the end of this too, that's why I wrote it.

I tend to agree with the DR on this one. It's a nice thought but like I said, it's a pipe dream and Ralph would never spend that kind of cash on one player.

Reality hit me at the end of this too, that's why I wrote it.

I tend to agree with the DR on this one. It's a nice thought but like I said, it's a pipe dream and Ralph would never spend that kind of cash on one player.

Yeah, Ralph never spends money on players. We didn't give huge conracts to Evans, Moulds, Schobel, etc just to name a few.

Ralph may not spend wisely on coaches, but you guys and your "ralph is cheap" whining is nothing more than that: whining.

Yeah, Ralph never spends money on players. We didn't give huge conracts to Evans, Moulds, Schobel, etc just to name a few.

Ralph may not spend wisely on coaches, but you guys and your "ralph is cheap" whining is nothing more than that: whining.

I'm not saying Ralph is cheap. I just don't see him going out and dropping that kind of money on Asoumagha. I love the fact that Ralph isn't cheap but Asoumagha is at the top of the heap here and I honestly don't think Ralph would do it. I just think Asoumagha would greatly help that D and the team in so many ways that it wouldn't be a bad idea to really step up and take a shot at the #1 Free Agent prize for once.

What about guys who are already free agents? Guys like Stroud who was cut and Asougowa whose deal was voided. Are they not free to sign with a team before the current CBA expires on the 3rd?

I assume teams dont want to committ money to a guy before knowing if there will be a cap/what it will be.

What about guys who are already free agents? Guys like Stroud who was cut and Asougowa whose deal was voided. Are they not free to sign with a team before the current CBA expires on the 3rd?

I assume teams dont want to committ money to a guy before knowing if there will be a cap/what it will be.

Yes. Also Bob Sanders and Shaun Rogers could be signed any time before March 3rd because they were released by their teams.

He's my cousin but we fight all the time

What about Captain Obvious? Is he related too? :D

Regarding free agent FAs, how good are Miller and Boss's blocking ablilities? Who would be the most complete player of the two?

DrD, have you been sitting in on FO meetings at One Bills Dr.? I think you're spot on here. Yea we're all just playing hunches on this post, but from what I've gathered from reading about & listening to Nix the past year plus, this sounds precisely where his head is at (aka, "the plan") for the team. Yes, the CBA is going to influence a lot of things, but I think what you've posted is going to be REAL ClOSE to what follows suit. I guess we'll see. Nevertheless, good prediction Dr.

after their great success with Cornell Green and other impact players this past year, the Bills probably will avoid all free agent signings for a while

much easier to draft guys and blame the Mystery Man for the selection when they bust